Nvidia Geforce 372.54 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Aug 16, 2016.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Tnx,
    I have the game installed for a long time though, but don't play it much.

Guess I'll just wait until they fix it, not really fascinated to lower GFX to get proper rendering. :)

2. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    I have this happen every time I go to a different driver version and use DDU. I have to start FF, turn off smoothing and acceleration, close FF and wait until the process ends, start FF back up, enable smoothing and acceleration and close FF again.

That has fixed it for me every time so far.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Paragon

DSR doesn't work or ingame setting has a strange way doing it and conflicts with actual downsampling. It doesn't change resolution but internal rendering and it looks really bad.

First I had to manually change internal slider to surpass that red warming, thought maybe its game limiting me, since anything over 1080p is apparently in "orange and red zone"

Internal slider 2880x1620 as max 100% (125%) and 1920x1080 75% (100%). Now this is what it does..

new 75% 1080p is all blurry.
    As if its still using 1080p as base and then downscaling that to 75%
    [​IMG]

new default 100% "1620p"
    [​IMG]

I tried 2160p but no difference in gpu usage, downscaled "1080p at 75%" had 13% lower gpu usage vs new 100% so it seems to render at max 1080p all the time no matter DSR setting..

Also the game has occasional slowdown hickups by lots of effects or by new base points.. Similar slowdown/jitter as seen by Doom Vulkan vsync. FPS/latency is the same but picture flow isnt, if that makes any sense.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  4. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Describes perfectly what I noticed today in GTA 5 also.Definitely driver issue.

5. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    In my experience with this 980Ti, HA in FF makes all the difference. Coming from my AMD 290, HA didn't really do anything positive. It just caused problems or BSOD's so I left it disabled. Popped in this card a few months back and FF was running like crap and tearing. Turned on HA and FF runs better than ever before so I'm not looking back. :)

6. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    HA should work fine both with AMD & Nvidia. There was a driver bug on AMD which could cause bsods, which got fixed. Totally not FF' fault.
    And of course CPU can't render websites faster than GPU, especially not without perfect multithreading (which still seems far away).

7. bjoswald

bjoswald Member Guru

GPU:
    Intel UHD 630
    I don't understand how some of you have so many little issues with computers that blow mine out of the water. I have been updating drivers without issue since I first bought my measly 750 Ti (can't remember what I had before). No Firefox tearing, no stuttering in games (with or without Vsync), etc.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    To add to Paragon issue;

The game starts in windowed maximized mode (background screen) and loads a bit, then it switches to fullscreen and continues to use native resolution instead of DSR'd.

EDIT2: I fixed those slowdowns,
    I disabled ingame vsync and forced it in driver profile, also 1 frame to render ahead instead of auto and additionally forced TrAA 8xSS to task gpu more, its only 40-60% gpu usage @ 1920x1080 (vram 3400-3800MB).

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  9. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Sometimes it IS the driver.

Sometimes it IS the user.

Could be both.

This driver for instance I had to back down my OC from 2.1ghz core to 2050 so it would not artifact and freeze any game.

Past sets were okay. Just depends on how the driver is optimized.

It's not really that you have low-end components...just might have a lucky hardware combination that has had minimal issues.

10. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    so i tried going back to an older driver and then re installing this one. This set breaks gsync for me everytime. Anyone else?

11. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    When folk overclock nightmare begins, they blame them drivers but deep inside they know its there OC.
    It makes sense really without OC u have like 9 of 10 times a stable pc.

When folk are going to oc u see things go wrong.
    I also never had driver problems sinds my GTX 8800 ultra and thats pretty neat of u ask me :D

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 Strix H20
    What do you mean it breaks it, works good for me.

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Been using the driver for some time now, no issues at all. No tearing in FF either.

14. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    same here.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I've had my EVGA GTX 1080 FTW card since the weekend before last and had few issues running games with these drivers until yesterday when I decided to play The Solus Project.

Within minutes of the game starting, it froze, even though temperatures at that point were around 60 degrees C and the card was hardly been taxed at all (the core speed was around 1,500 - 1,600 MHz from memory). On returning to the desktop, there was an error window about the video card driver having reset.

Now I was running a mild overclock of +75 MHz on the core and +350 MHz on the memory at the time without any voltage tweaks and using the default fan profile (the fans only spin above 60 degrees C), settings which had been stable for all other games I'd played up to that point, so I lowered them to +50 MHz and +250 MHz. I was able to play the game fine that time. Seems that Unreal 4 is a bit picky about overclocks even though this game hardly taxes the card at all (even maxed out at 2560x1440 with 125% resolution scaling!)?

Anyway, I tried playing Mirror's Edge and Need for Speed (2015) on these lower settings and both games froze as well, the former within seconds of the game actually starting. This game uses Frostbyte. Thinking it was maybe the memory speed that was unstable, I lowered that to +200 MHz. I was able to play Need for Speed for around an hour or so but on returning to the garage the game again froze and then crashed to the desktop.

Not really sure what is going on here. The temperatures in all the games was barely above 65 C and the game was usually running sub-2,000 MHz. Is it just these two engines are particular about overclocking or is my GTX 1080 just a bad overclocker? I am barely pushing mine compared with what others are doing. I guess I'm going to have to reset my overclock settings for now and test these games to see if they're still stable at the factory overclock.

16. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3090
    This driver is giving me artifacts i have to go backt to 368.95-geforce-win10-64bit-international

My Asus Strix GTX 1080 is having big problems with this driver :)

17. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Flashing desktop/windows with the last few drivers anybody else getting this ?

18. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    pre-overclocks problems? try to run debug mode.

19. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    My friend had lot of issues with this driver. No logon screen or / black screen, crash windows loading . Always crash in bf4 . Reference gtx 680 without OC anywhere. After good 7 hours fixing and old driver the rig is fine now.

20. gyigyo

gyigyo Member

GPU:
    palit gtx 460 768mb
    There is a problem here: GTX 1060 ZOTAc AMP edision

With hotfix driver works perfect but with the new 372 driver its works like ****, Rise of the Tomb Raider is lagging like hell in dx12, also the driver is give less performance, and yeah more hotter temps.