Nvidia Geforce 372.54 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    Well, this driver is obviously messed up in more ways than one and since I don't play any of the games it provides improvements for, I went back to 368.95. ROTTR DX12 mGPU runs just fine now and doesn't freeze/stutter/crash/break all the time, so I guess I'm skipping 372.54.

2. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 GXT
    Had to go back to 368.81 because this driver was making me crash like an alcoholic going through an intersection in ARMA 3. Reverted and so far no more crashing. I wonder if it messed up my overclock which has been stable for years as some on other forums were complaining that their 24/7 overclocks were no longer stable with the new 372.54 drivers. Anyone else have an issue like this?

3. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Played around 7 hours of ARMA 3 with this driver both MP and SP without an issue on Altis and Tanoa:camo:
    You're probably crashing because lower power states aren't getting enough volts under OC. I had this on 970. As you know arma barely uses GPU most of the time:pc1:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  4. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    I haven't had OC related instability but for some reason my top card ran like 5C hotter in the same games with the same settings. Doesn't happen anymore on the old drivers. I use a custom fan curve too, so it's not like they simply changed the default fan profile.

5. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 GXT
    Very interesting! I noticed lots of the crashes were coming out of the map which would lend support to your theory. So, forcing the gpu into full clocks the whole time would theoretically combat this issue? I usually sit around 30% GPU usage while playing ARMA 3... talk about the worst optimization of any game ever. Imagine ARMA at 90 fps... that would just be so amazing. I hear they have DX 12 in the works which might bring multi-threaded performance.

6. mojoba

mojoba Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    Yes BSOD here within 5 minutes of installing. Also background textures are black in Victor Vran. Don't think these have been properly tested on last gen cards like my 980ti.

7. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 GXT
    All my games ran perfectly except for ARMA 3 while everything in windows was perfect as well. I think it might be a power state problem with ARMA 3 and not necessarily the fault of the drivers. I might go back to them as they were great drivers and running my GPU at full clocks in ARMA might fix the problem. Sorry to hear you are having way more problems than I did. Witcher 3, Ashes of the Singularity and Overwatch ran perfectly!

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    This is how I disabled mine @run: gpedit.msc, it can still tell you there is a update but won't force you to install it.

[​IMG]

Still works now in RS1.

9. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 STRIX
    after I installed this driver... this happened to me in Survarium game.

[​IMG]

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    akbaar i lol'd. :D

11. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    This driver is broken on my notebook with i7-4720HQ + 980M (Optimus), Windows 7 x64. Driver installs successfully, but after first reboot, Windows hangs on Welcome screen with spinning wheel forever. Clean install with DDU made no difference.

Back to 368.95 I go.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  12. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Yes, even better use custom bios. Personally I stopped using any GPU OC on maxwell in arma simply because in this game it's not worth it.

and DX12 well.. wouldn't get my hopes up.
    https://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00151

13. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 STRIX
    hahaha

14. JupiterGFX

JupiterGFX New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745
    I'm hoping someone can help me... I don't really know much about computer specs/parts/etc... I recently updated to this driver, and now when I play smite, my driver crashes.. and says the kernel something or other has stopped responding.. It enters my computer into power saving mode, and comes back up fine several seconds later.. except SOMETIMES, it logs me out on the computer entirely, and when i log back in, my game is not playable, it lags miserably until i restart my computer.. Can someone help me fix this?? thank you!

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I can try Survarium now.. Is that just in menu or ingame too?

EDIT: ok its only in main menu.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

But ingame its much much worse, popups everywhere.. This is while turning around or minimal movement across the map..

Using default maxed out (Ultra present), changing postAA doesn't have any affect.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Looks like it has broken LOD system.. Last time I played it on my old 780GTX & some early 360 or was it still 35x.xx and there was no such thing..

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    I can safely tell you, that the 3 GB versions would be better off, even if the 1.5GB works well.

Witcher 3 maxed out in 2K can break the 3GB barrier.

Yeah, they are still fine for those running them though, Definitely not something to buy today unless its like a hand-me-down or something.

17. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    Should gsync limit my fps by default?

It used to cap at 144 and wouldnt go over that with gsync on. With this driver it goes way over and doesnt limit. Previous set limits at 144, Any idea?

18. Satin_Knight

Satin_Knight Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 SC
    Not very good drivers, having issues with dark spots in many games. Fallout 4 I can't see the PIP Boy menu, because it is blacked out.

19. FaneHimura

FaneHimura New Member

GPU:
    4 gb
    I can say that i have artifacts too with this driver i saw only people with 1080 have this issues, for people that driver crash when you play is because of OC too i have random artifacts with this driver with 368.95 i don t have artifacts and i can play hours with this one lots of artifacts i have to downclocl like 50 mhz to work... so if you have driver crashes,artifacts etc is from your OC this driver isn t stable !!! lot s of people on reddit with 1080 have this problem go check

20. ToasTinButtered

ToasTinButtered Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    Having issues with Nvidia Inpector Capping ever since this driver... sigh

In short: Force Vsyncing at 60 ([~] 61.8 fps) 0xF000003C and higher rates are now broken. It will still act exactly like 58... unless someone can prove me wrong, but this is what I am experience since yesterday after 372.54 update.

I can't fix the problem even after clean DDU and clean install back to previous drivers. Also I've never updated to Win 10 Anniversary. Been sitting her at 1511 since nniversary never worked for me anyway due to errors when it came out. Tried older to newer version of profiler as well. That didn't fix it. :bang: