Nvidia Geforce 372.54 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Aug 16, 2016.

1. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Cuvid has been busted for a long time. There is no proof Cuvid provides any objective image quality improvements.

Also sounds like could be driver install issue or EDID problem. You could try an EDID override with Custom Resolution Utility.

2. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    This driver have Fast Sync option for maxwell in the NVCP. But Ansel dont work for me, who knows wat i must do to get Ansel?

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    You can't have FastSync with FPS Limit, it will cause FastSync to not work properly anymore and have Tearing.

I tested it in various games.

4. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    Ansel only works in game that have it implemented, at the moment I believe only The Witcher 3 and Mirror's Edge Catalyst support for it

To the guy talking about CUVID, stick to DXVA2, CUVID does not provides advantages over DXVA2 anymore(I would love to be proved wrong though), also CUVID has a higher power usage than DXVA2 if you compare both using something like GPU-Z you will notice that clocks are higher while using CUVID while DXVA2 the clocks scale down when high performance is no needed thus saving power and outputting less heat.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016

5. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    I want to use Ansel in The Witcher 3, i have the 12mb patch for Ansel. Is the problem MSI AB overlay?

6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    You'll need The Witcher 3 updated to version 1.24. If it still doesn't work, you might have to manually enable Ansel by running <OS Drive>:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel\Tools\NvCameraConfiguration.exe and set NvCamera Status to Enable (should be required only once after the driver installation) in it to get Ansel to work on your system.

7. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    I did a driver reinstall and komodo dragon gives a lot of isseus like driver code 28 for windows driver update and and manual driver update. I deleted komodo dragon and al the problems are gon end i get also Ansel installed and it works out of the box now in The Witcher 3. Thnx all.

8. densou

densou Member Guru

GPU:
    3070 Twin Edge OC
    so is this guy bulls*1tting us? :banana:

bet not:infinity::pc1::nerd:

9. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
  10. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC

11. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    This driver give me also 50 fps more with Vulkan in doom at the same setting as with OGL. A newer Vulkan driver version?

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Why don't you check it out yourself? There are no perceptible quality difference. And why would there be if both DXVA2 and CUVID are using the exact same h/w routines even if it's running on different h/w units?

13. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Nvidia Fast sync work wel with the Witcher 3, it dont lock te fps to 60 but also no screentearing. Thnx Nvidia for this great drivers.

14. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    newer vulkan driver it seems

15. imanub

imanub Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080 Ti
    With these new drivers, someone has found an increase in temperature (a few degrees)?

16. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    ^seems same for me except the boost seems to be a little more aggressive? i downclocked my offset clock to make it not crash on heavy hitting games, it's still hitting same clocks though as before (2.04Ghz to 2.1Ghz)
    And if i remember correctly, Vulkan drivers were something like 1.0.8 before now its something like 1.0.13?

17. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    nope.. my temp & fan is more lower & quieter.

18. ToasTinButtered

ToasTinButtered Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    Hi. Thanks for the tips and response. I'll show how it performs now with my old settings:

Frame Rate Limiter [~] 61.8 fps
    Vertical Sync - Force on
    Vertical Sync Tear Control - Standard
    Preview - https://www.youtube.com/embed/ecHba7W7sYU?vq=hd1080
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

, and yours:

Vertical Sync - Force off
    Vertical Sync Tear Control - Adaptive
    Preview - https://www.youtube.com/embed/UUhnyGH5ZQw?vq=hd1080

Vertical Sync - Fast Sync
    Vertical Sync Tear Control - Standard
    Preview - https://www.youtube.com/embed/uPviBaEFhks?vq=hd1080

Vertical Sync - Force on
    Vertical Sync Tear Control - Adaptive
    Preview - https://www.youtube.com/embed/IAaOM639oYY?vq=hd1080
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently, the combos
    [~] 61.8 fps + Force off + Adaptive
    and
    [~] 61.8 fps + Fast Sync + Standard

makes it show as 62fps in-game. But these still stutter at a specific millisecond.
    Actually this stutter acts exactly like when you use my old settings in windowed/borderless mode unlike when in exclusive fullscreen before 372.54.

As said it would usually play out smooth whenever I choose 60 (aka 61.8, because later versions of profiler worked too), and in-game would show it as 62fps with Forced on vsync, not 1 stutter. It never showed this in-game as 60 (really 58) with these settings...

I haven't had any luck with other combos. Weird. I'm not just going crazy... I always play on this game online.
    Heck I even published a guide on this and shown it on steam forum long ago...

19. ttnuagmada

ttnuagmada Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Strix
    If you're using CUVID in LAVcodecs, coupled with MadVR like you should be, then the decoder you use won't have a single thing in the world to do with image quality.

20. ttnuagmada

ttnuagmada Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Strix
    double post