Nvidia GeForce 364.96 Hotfix Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Ital, Apr 14, 2016.

1. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    this is what they say on thier official "whats new" site about their new driver and Doom

Playing The Doom Multiplayer Open Beta? Optimise Your Experience With Our New Driver
    If you're diving into the Doom multiplayer beta over the next few days you'll want to download and install our special Doom Hotfix Driver, which will improve your experience when battling foes online, and enable SLI.
    Read more >

gotta love em :p

2. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    No problem running chopper vulkan demo here. Getting ~135FPS with Vsync off.

3. Plug2k

Plug2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    Yeah i thought i read the same thing, [and enable sli]
    what a joke, probably some noodle written the text without checking sli first lol

4. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    So why isn't it on the main website. I mean if it's a public release driver, then why not release it to the public on the main Nvidia website where 99% of people look for the drivers? It's a legitimate question. I simply don't understand the reasoning behind it. When I don't see a driver on the official main Nvidia website ie http://www.geforce.com/drivers then I become suspicious :)

5. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    This is the latest news: A GeForce driver is an incredibly complex piece of software, with more lines of code than the entire Windows OS. We have an army of software engineers constantly adding features and fixing bugs.

Basically, no one knows.

Cards has been effected with this "feature" : 400-500-600-700-900 series.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  6. JulioCesarSF

JulioCesarSF Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780 Ti
    :puke2: ok =(

7. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    see , I was right, it has the bug and nvidia fixed it, hope so.

8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Go check the reports for 362.00 and 361.91 which were the same as 362.00 basically. So much reports of dead cards on official forum. Very bad drivers. Lol.

Never. Because there's nothing to fix. These reports have nothing to do with drivers.

Because it's a hotfix instead of a full fledged release. The difference is in the timing mostly - a release goes with a schedule while a hotfix is produced outside of it. Otherwise it's the same driver.

9. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Win 7 64bit, Need for Speed (2016), V-sync OFF, AO on, AA+AF application controlled, high-quality, multicore on, render frames 1.

HBAO in this game seems to have a bug where it will drag fps down over time, regardless of what other gfx settings are. When switching to lower settings from Ultra (or anything less demanding than current setting) in other gfx settings the fps will jump above 60fps, but, within a minute this fps starts dropping until it's mid 40's to low-mid 50's. I've tried various combos to narrow it down and I'm almost certain it's something to do with HBAO in-game setting.

10. iCeOL8TR

iCeOL8TR Banned

GPU:
    GTX780SLI
    Its not my opinion its the facts your response makes no sense other than you sound intimidated and talking bad about any nvidia driver is somehow offlimits here(are there nvidia developers subversively trying to control their public image here or what or are you nutso fanboys and truly this crazy?). Either way your responses are ridiculous any of you attacking those that are critical(rational).

I didnt install 364.91 at the time I made that post but I just installed it and checked Zionx64 and yes I see the attempt at afr(I was the one that pushed for it on Bethesda Forums)(I guess Bethesda could see the quality of my posts so I'm willing to guess that I'm the reason its being attempted :))) Doubt that all you want but hey I didnt see any attempt to add SLI and afr until I made those posts on the Closed Beta Forum :)))) ) But yeah 364.91 has the same problem. I tried to turn off the SLI via Nvidia Inspector and still the same problem persists.

Also all those games you listed are single player games that people maybe play once or twice for 10 to 20 hours and then they are done. CS GO is a mainstay with tons of hours and somewhat recent but overall a low resource game so its good as a baseline. Far Cry Primal is probably the best recent game that highly taxes a system maybe not as much as Witcher but that game is too homosexual for my tastes and this driver is stated as a hotfix for Doom so its not really smart to say Im citing a Beta and totally out of bounds. You sound like a young man and thats why you sound so wrong vindictive and ridiculous. You might think your one precise or smart dude but never forget its a big world out there and theres always somebody better. Also all those single player games this forum loves to site for reference most people dont play all of those or the ones you like its like someone talking about or playing their genre of music in a game server....... nobody cares(and find that you care about it offensive cause they dont). So its best to stick to the popular multiplayer games that everyone has played and likes for your benchmark references.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016

11. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    Sli is not working, but one Titan X @ 1500mhz is enough for stable 60fps @ 3440x1440

Lounch options steam:
    +set com_skipIntroVideo 1 +set m_smooth 0 +set r_mode -1, +set r_customwidth 3440, +set r_customheight 1440

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Hello darkness my old friend....

[​IMG]

13. vase

vase Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I don't know about nvidia cards dying because of a driver - maybe, maybe not... i don't know, i don't care - BUT your logic is faulty anyway my friend.

You say the BIOS won't allow a driver to kill a card.
    Yet a user can kill it by OCing?!
    You do realize that OCing is realized through the driver and can only be carried out by the driver. (Apart from hardware modding a card)
    So coming back to your "technically"...
    Technically a badly programmed driver could bug out and OC your card that much that it dies. BIOS won't do anything about it.

14. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Just for the fact, nvidia has half software and half hardware protection.

15. vase

vase Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    if he says a user can kill a card through oc. then a driver can kill a card through oc as well. because when a user choses +xx mv or +xx clock or +xx power level then this is all realized by driver in the end.
    => a faulty/bugged driver could theoretically generate the same too high values as a user can.

that's all i say.

16. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Never had a driver that increases my clocks beyond what they should be.. So I don't see where you're going with this. Trying to grab an orange and claim it's an apple?

17. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Still the user. They decided to let the driver handle the OC.

The driver can't OC by it's self unless Nvidia/AMD screws up big time.

18. WillG

WillG Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Installed these 364.96 but got multitudes of Nvidia event id 13 errors in event log (playing Alien: Isolation).
    Back to 362.00 and no errors.

Nvidia drivers are really going downhill as of late. :(

19. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Yeah I don't know, these have been great for Witcher 3, Battleborn and Overwatch so far.

20. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    No issues with these drivers whatsoever.