Nvidia GeForce 364.72 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by masterchan777, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    QB isn't even a AAA title, especially when looking at reviews. It's an average game with nice graphics. That's all.

2. k37chup

k37chup Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti XTrio
    I got the same problem. I used ddu just like you. You have gsync monitor too? Maybe something has to do with gsync.

3. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Lol, that's a new one.

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Quantum Break is more AAA then the majority of titles that get released.
    Sorry... but, it's an amazing game held back by poor DX12 support by Nvidia, and some optimization issues.

And, reviews don't make a game "AAA".

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Hmm, I'm on the latest stable x64 45.0.1 build.

I don't know if that would make any difference, but it wouldn't hurt to try if you haven't.

If you uninstall the beta and choose to keep basic settings and bookmarks, it won't modify anything important.

So then you can see if the latest stable build is causing issues.

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    No it's not. The game's issue is it own lack of optimizations for anything other than console hardware - which happens to be based on AMD's GCN.

7. mpv73

mpv73 Member

GPU:
    RX 560 4GB
    AAA means that the game has a huge budget, nothing else. So QB is most definitely AAA.

8. I tried 364.72 driver today and installed only graphics and physx driver. I usually remove the driver completely before installing, but I decided to just overwrite over 362.00 drivers. Everything seemed fine until I decided to play a video (HD or SD) in VLC and noticed the fans on my video card get louder than idle. I opened up MSI Afterburner and noticed that my core and memory clock were running above idle speeds (1032 mhz, 3005 mhz vs idle is 324 mhz, 324 mhz). I uninstalled the 364.72 and did clean install with 362.00 driver. Afterwards, my core and memory clock stayed at idle speed when playing video in VLC player.

364.72 driver during VLC player video playback (HD or SD)
    [​IMG]

362.00 driver during VLC player video playback (HD or SD)
    [​IMG]

Edit: Forgot to mention that I rebooted after each driver install and did not have Afterburner open when driver was installing.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2016
  9. TheRyuu

TheRyuu Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Did you have Afterburner open before VLC each time and observed idle clocks BEFORE launching VLC (Afterburner, like Nvidia Inspector, may cause the card to ramp up to max clocks upon launching the program)? Nvidia cards will always go to the P0 (highest non-boost clocks I believe) when a program that uses the GPU launchs but will typically get dialed back very quickly to where it's needed based on GPU usage. However sometimes GPU usage will spike where it will increase clocks again but this time it takes much longer to dial back the clocks so you may have simply run into one instance of this. Did you test it multiple times?

10. I did have Afterburner open in the background when I was playing a video in VLC player. I did notice that the card did go up to non-boosted clock (P0) when VLC player was opened, but here is where there was a difference.

Using the 364.72 drivers, my card jumped to P0 clock and stayed constant at P0 (never once in the video did the core/mem clock go below P0 state for the HD (720p) video shown or SD video (not shown) (480p).

Using the 362.00 drivers, my card jumped to mid-way between P0 (more like 864 mhz), then a second or two later went down to idle clock (324 mhz) for the rest of the video, which seems normal.

I will to test and report back if what caused the constant P0 state during video playback was caused by me doing a unclean (overwritten) install of 364.72 or if the 364.72 had a bug.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2016

11. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    I come from a generation when AAA meant a certain level of quality, not just how much money was poured into it. QB may have a huge budget, but, quality? Hmm.

12. ocsystem

ocsystem Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI1070Ti
    yesterday I installed 364.72 on gtx680 and notice black screen of few seconds after windows splash screen at boot from S4 sleep resume state :banana:. I went back 350 driver and it seems resolved. so don't know whats going on with these new drivers. really disappointed

13. As promised, here is the Afterburner logs for 364.72 and 362.00 drivers using HD and SD video. Well, it seems doing a overwrite install instead of a clean driver install is what was causing my card to stay at constant P0 state when playing any video in VLC player. I can confirm this after doing a clean install of 364.72 drivers and I got similar results to 362.00 drivers in regards to core/mem clocks. I'll stick to doing clean driver installs since overwrite install created this issue for me.

364.72 Driver Afterburner Logs:

HD:
    [​IMG]
    SD:
    [​IMG]

362.00 Driver Afterburner Logs:

HD:
    [​IMG]
    SD:
    [​IMG]

14. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950

Not to mention that the control panel is sooo slow handling second monitor settings, like 5 seconds to see that you checked the second monitor option, another 5 seconds to be able to press apply, another 5 seconds to see the keep settings message, and another 5 seconds to see the changes applied :sleep:. This didn´t happen on previous operating systems.

15. CrazyBaldhead

CrazyBaldhead Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Yes it did. And does.

16. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    At least it wasn´t this slow for me on win7 or else I´d have complained before, and custom resolutions definitely remained there to be selected until a driver change.

17. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    Hello is this Fan Curve to aggressive? for long lasting lifespan of my cards?

[​IMG]

18. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
  19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    With the Battleborn Beta starting tomorrow, and the Doom Open beta this weekend. There's a possibility we could see an official driver release soon.

Looking forward to an update. Hopefully they will have ironed out any issues from the previous sets, and can offer some solid DX12 improvements.

20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Why would they offer DX12 improvements for a DX11 and a OGL/Vulkan game?