Nvidia GeForce 364.72 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by masterchan777, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    From your own post quote; the guy rebooted and then had the problem. There are also 3 reported cases where this happened and EVGA Precision X wasn't involved. Ofcourse, if you want to go the absolute path that's not my problem tbh. They must all be lying right?

As for Nvidia acknowledging the problem...is Manuel Guzman a noob aswell?

post 364

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...amsung-and-lg-notebook-lcd-display-panels/25/

That's on official GeForce forum btw, just incase you think it's some quack.

"We are still investigating this issue. I am terribly sorry that it is taking so long. When I have more information to share I will let everyone know. For now if you have an Alienware laptop with a Samsung/LG panel, we recommend not installing EVGA PrecisionX on your notebook:

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN299581 "

Anyway, I'm done here. I'm sick of having to prove everything to some of you.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well it looks like its laptop driver and that precisionX app specific.. So Imo not really a deal breaker for everybody.

3. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    According to what you posted here, Dell and nVidia are both saying it is the overclocking utility precision X. Which would make sense, since stock drivers are incapable of overwriting the EDID.

4. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Precision has the option built into it to overclock your monitor, whether the monitor can overclock or not.The driver simply exposed the flaw.EVGA is to blame in this instance imo.

[​IMG]

5. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    I just installed these yesterday and no issues whatsoever. Do I need to worry about my 970's kicking the bucket because of these drivers? They're only about 5-6 months old. This is what I get for listening to an eVGA rep recommending these drivers. Nice going NVidia and eVGA!

6. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC
    3 days later i installed 364.72 the lamp of my room died and my shower no give hot water... dammit nvidia

7. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
  8. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    no need worried. those fella burned their cards due to heavily over-clock & nowadays the ambient temperatures is freaking hot.

my place here is 30~35°c. FYI, even my plants & cow grass also dried up (almost dead) expect cactus still goin strong.

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Why have you decided that they're not affected? Are there the exact same laptop models with the same LCD panels but with AMD GPUs? Do they run Precision?

So that quote is NV's acknowledgement of the issue? The one where they're saying that they're still investigating and haven't actually found anything? LOL

If it were as simple as those forum posts are saying then it wouldn't be hard to reproduce, don't you think? Thus it's highly probable that it's not as simple and it's unlikely that the drivers are even to blame for this.

10. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Facepalm. Manuel G doesn't say they haven't found anything? You just made that up.

An Nvidia representative posts about the issue and they're investigating...if this isn't acknowledgement, then, please tell us all what it is then? Some random post? lol

It's ok though. You want to be hard-headed on the issue and it's fine.

11. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    I'm not getting into the core of this discussion, but an nvidia rep could post and say they're investigating the death of my pet gerbil after I installed the new physx runtime and it still won't make it any more related to the issue( dead gerbil in this case)

It strikes me as odd that a graphics driver flashes eeprom, unless this is specific to a laptop driver I don't understand how it's possible

12. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    It is laptop only (I hope) problem.

If Manual G responds to a found problem here at Guru3d (which he has done), is that acknowledgement? Using your logic, it's not, right? This is clearly moving goal-posts tbh.

13. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    He acknowledges the report, not that nvidia drivers caused this, I'm not moving goal posts ;you claimed the drivers did this, all Manuel G has done (according to you, I have no idea who this guy is) is say he's looking into it, his response could well be 'doesn't seem to be driver related', or it could be that it is.

14. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
  15. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    there is a big difference between a support rep doing his job, giving you a generic response "we are looking into this", that every single support inquiry gets, and an official statement by the actual company hot shots.

you can compare this issue to the 3.5+0.5gb issue with the 970. Now that is a case where you can say Nvidia as a corporation gave an official acknowledgment.

Also

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5253480&postcount=304

can't get much clearer than that.

I actually read the whole 32 page thread on the issue, and the linked threads on the same issue on notebookreview. the post i'm quoting above is what I got from reading it all. feel free to correct me if you think I misunderstood something.

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Neat. However, the write up and download links are for PC's for this thread. Perhaps a separate thread would be better for the issue you want to discuss.

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    "We are still investigating this issue. I am terribly sorry that it is taking so long. When I have more information to share I will let everyone know." = they haven't found anything. You're not too good with official acknowledgements, are you?

Yeah, exactly. That's some random post from a technical support guy who can't tell if there's even an issue there and just goes on to recommend something which *seems* to be helping to avoid it. There is no official acknowledgement of anything there but the fact that NV's driver feedback team is doing its job - which is hardly new information for anyone.

18. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    This driver broke my mouse, suddenly it went beserk with al strange colors :(

No seriously driver works like it should be.

19. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    Finally got around to start playing the witcher 3 at long last from yesterday , and this is where my problems with this driver has started , for every hour or so of gameplay i'm getting display driver has stop responding , and then recovers , in windows event manager i see this (Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered )

Ive now reinstalled 362.00 and had no further episodes of the driver stopped responding,
    so there is definitely something going on with this driver plus i've also noticed that on my c/drive i now have two lots of VulkanRT folders versions 1.0.3.0 and 1.0.5.1 so ive uninstalled them from my PC for now .

20. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    man **** this bull****, nvidia's driver has gone ****ing downhill lately, installed this bs driver and now it appears to have propagated its bugs through ethernet, into my powerline adapter and finally to my bedlight, after 2 hours of reading the light switches off and i get display driver stopped responding

:wanker:

i'm going out right now, ill leave witcher 3 on and when i get back ill tell you results