Nvidia GeForce 364.72 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by masterchan777, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Drivers can hurt hardware. Bricking LCD displays in laptops for one. Let's not make lists of f ups in this thread...

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Driver can't brick an LCD display. At all.

3. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    LOL, what next, drivers cause case fans to die?

4. narukun

narukun Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 1561/7700
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016

5. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    I haven't seen you make a single post in which you don't accuse nvidia of doing something.

I read through the first page of comments, seems to be limited to one specific panel, as someone said, the worst the driver could be doing is 'overclocking' the display, but this shouldn't damage it permanently, ever.

Source: I have an overclockable display

By the way:
    [​IMG]

DX12 4xMSAA Crazy 1440p

http://i.imgur.com/bQs0J9y.jpg

DX12 1xMSAA Crazy 1440p

http://i.imgur.com/unyo51t.jpg

DX11 1xMSAA Crazy 1440p

http://i.imgur.com/jJ1IPmm.jpg

DX12 EXTREME PRESET 1440p

http://i.imgur.com/vDw2zGK.jpg

DX11 Extreme Preset 1440p

http://i.imgur.com/xDKWJlQ.jpg

So the huge advantage the Fury X bubbles down to it's overclocking headroom (10%~) once you factor in Maxwell clocking.

Overclocked results for GTX 970 coming asap, waiting for a friend to let me borrow his card.

6. Lucifer

Lucifer Master Guru

GPU:
    Colorful GTX 1060
    there IS 970 user reporting crashing in games with this driver in this forum you know.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    V.high with extra hair v.high and smaa, gpu was 1405mhz "stock modded".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cpu was even lower this time@ 4.6Ghz instead 4.7

Old score
    [​IMG]

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    and drivers can crashes it happens, it very rare drivers actual kills cards, more them likely card was faulty and about to go something most people will never admit or accept, short of something similar to bellow happen again.

Just like Some people wont admit there TDR issue are do to fault hw somewhere of the 10 pc in last 5 years I put together only time I EVER seen TDR issue was when HW in some way was faulty, some drivers are just much much more sensitive to those faults.

that they can nvidia few years back released drivers that disable fans mistake, that actually did cause cards to die.

9. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Driver+hardware = co-dependant. Even if only 1 user was affected...that's a f up somewhere.

How many times we seen independent problems with specific hardware+software?

At the same time people telling them "no, it's not possible"? What is "not possible"?

10. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For some reason core clock went down to 1280 at 1.19v when I ran the Tomb Raider benchmark at 1080p

I mean case fans. I don't think that can happen nowadays because of active tuning, if a gpu reaches high temps it throttles automatically.

VRM heating is another issue

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

Not unless you update your mobo bios and the bios has some similar flaw, Then again that can all be avoid if case fans are connect directly to psu,

12. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    yes when 350.12 is released, i got my 1st ever TDR issue, following the next 4 drivers too, after that no more TDR issue. literally, even the new driver released, once awhile my chrome is unresponsive & freeze. eventually reboot does solved my problem but i tend to reinstall NV driver again.

i think is due to my SSD not NV driver that cause the freeze thang. NV driver is pretty stable but AMD driver can cause BSOD. seriously, ever since i switched to green side, i swear to god that i never face a single or half BSOD!

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Oh you know someone and there's even a link to a thread on a forum. This confirms everything!

Fun fact: a GPU driver can't do anything bad to any display.

Display overclocking is part of this display's firmware, not the driver. If the display allow for unsafe modes in which it may stop working then the only one to blame here is the said display manufacturer.

14. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    He obviously has a bad card that requires a RMA, I have no problems with my GTX 970.

15. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    So far so good for me with these drivers..

You'll be having problems soon tho when pascal is announced.

16. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    Guys just been playing @1440p latest doom closed beta and seriously even with 1 980TI the game was utterly butter smooth.....

thats the multiplayer part that is, not been able to check single player as only the mulitplayer is downloaded via steam.

17. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970

Don't think so. I haven't had a single crash in my GPU related to the driver and its more than 1 year old.
    And we both have a GTX 970, any crash he would happen to have I would too but I don't.

The only crashes I've had was when I testing my overclock and one time when for some reason I had to re seat the GPU on the PCI-E slot, it makes sense since those cards are pretty heavy.

18. Margusx

Margusx Active Member

GPU:
    Msi GTX970 gaming 4g
    i have 970 no single crash due drivers i got only because oc. I use that 970 over 1 year drivers always work and no issues with it. Switching from amd was best idea. Nvidia driver quality is top over amd its cantbe compared.

Reading these threads in forums that nvidia have too mutch issues with drivers i can tell differenly more i think now that amd guys itself scream here to make vision that nvidia drivers are bad.

i just install driver and forget it all working.

19. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    got issue with 970? come pm me. i'll send u my address. please kindly ship to me. i pay for the shipping fees. thanks.

20. Margusx

Margusx Active Member

GPU:
    Msi GTX970 gaming 4g
    Heh :)