Nvidia GeForce 364.72 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by masterchan777, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Nvidia Geforce 364.72 Drivers Come With Plenty Of Issues

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/graphics/40364-nvidia-geforce-364-72-drivers-come-with-plenty-of-issues

2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    I don't know.. I think this is just the anti-nvidia circlejerk hitting an all time high. Nvidia has what, 80% of the discreet GPU market? And out of all the people who upgraded their GPU's, only 2 of them reported dead cards? I bet on average like 20+ nvidia cards fail a day, if not more, just due to the number of cards they have on the market.

Like the article talks about the reddit thread as if its evidence of something, except no one in either thread talks about having one of their cards fail due to the driver.

3. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    I don't know about you but I got a 3FPS increase in Valley, before was barely reaching 60.0
    [​IMG]
    NVCP settings default, Extreme HD preset, nothing else changed.

I noticed GPU usage no longer drops to low 60% in that scene where the camera pans over the Valley, still drops to 80% but that's an improvement.

4. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC OC

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    some card that are years old will be push to there breaking point with newer drivers seeing new drivers tend push cards harder then older too. which make them fail sooner then later.

It just easier to blame the drivers then hw just failing.

6. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Banned

GPU:
    EVGA780ACXSCMSI780GMSI680
    Typical Nvidia Driver thread.. branch listed every Guru3d forum lifer Nvidia wallet slave that shelled out for 980Ti babbles about how WERKS GUUD has fixes finally fixed obscure bug that made my gay childs game work right that no one else plays or cares about. ENSTAWLED GUUD NO ESHOES FEELS A LETTLE FASTER IN TOMBRAIDER MANGINA EDITION(benchmarks all disagree performance been going down since 361.91 everyone hails each driver a success 364.72 even lower performance than .51 but that doesnt matter cuz) EYE ENSTAWLED DRIVER WERKS GUUD NO ESHOES(I aint one of them complainers I'm a forum lifer I can take one for the team) MIGUELG PLEASE MAKE NEW DRIVER THAT GIYIMPS OLD CARDS AND MAKES POOR PEOPLE CRY CAUSE IM YOUR RICH WALLET SLAVE AND IF YOU MAKE A NEW CARD IM GUNNA BUY ET JUST SO I CAN ENSTAWL THE LATEST DRIVERS....

7. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/com..._36472_march_28_like_the_plague_its/?sort=new

8. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra
    Completely agree. Currently I have four other PC's in the house with different hardware, all on the same driver and they all seem to be running fine. On average I'm seeing a slight performance increase with this set.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    can think of this way too, the people with problems are the one that will be the most vocal and actual be the ones the post, people that dont have problem are less likely to even bother to make posts.

which bad way to judge if there good or bad simply by who is more vocal.

10. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC OC
    exactly... mainly now all these old cards need 100% gpu usage all the time to run the new games... so obviously more chance to problems with it too and never forget about years of use

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
  12. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Well, I had a look. Seems like GTX660, GTX690 and GTX980Ti users are having trouble.

I will say this about Nvidia drivers; only in the last 9months or so have I had to use DDU to install new drivers. At some point last year Nvidia broke Geforce Experience and 3d vision "check-boxes" appearing for my GTX680m. Around this time is when new drivers wouldn't install on top of old ones and that's why I had to start using DDU.

Then, last driver to this one with my GTX980m; those 3 options appeared once more during install. So, took a while to fix.

A few months ago at the start of the year, new Nvidia drivers were BSOD on re-boot before getting into windows after install. This WAS messing-up people's laptops so much so Prema had to release his modified bios early for our GTX980m/970m cards. Even Prema was saying Nvidia needed to get their **** together.

So, yeah. There's a lot of variables for **** to **** up. I've always used Nvidia, but, they are making mistakes, no doubt about it. When it works though? Awesome as always.

13. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    I have a 980Ti and the only time I had to use DDU to remove drivers was when I changed from a GTX 570 to a 980Ti.

Then again, I never express install anything, I always custom install and select only the graphics driver.

I really think we need take into account that a huge majority of discrete graphics cards are Nvidia and this leads to a higher number of people with issues, people who don't have problems tend not to report their successful driver installation

14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    No troubles here, mate.

15. KenpoJuJitsu3

KenpoJuJitsu3 Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    No troubles here. This driver has, so far, worked like a dream actually unlike the last few. Haven't had any crashes.

Also, finally having support for SLI, DSR and G-Sync to play nice together was the last thing I needed before I grabbed a G-Sync monitor. Putting those three technologies together has been a game changer.

16. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Well, there you go then. Another couple of happy customers!

p.s. Nvidia; need to push min fps in Need for Speed a bit higher. :D Cheers!

17. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    100% doesn't exist.

If the driver turns the fan off and doesn't turn it back on...?

Let's not go down the absolute path cause things HAVE happened.

18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Fan is BIOS controlled and even if it will happen somehow the driver will just shut down the GPU because of overheating. Drivers can't hurt the h/w. The only thing which can is YOUR OWN local settings.

19. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Yeah even if the driver turns the fan off (should be bios controlled) the gpu should throttle down

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    ^
    Btw I tested Tombraider, finally got ram and to my surprise I saw a boost too, but game got updated too recently.

I used Exclusive dx12 fullscreen and Syria test was above average too (old driver and update either 50 or 70, now 82fps).. Think with old driver and update I got overall avg 108fps now 112fps