Nvidia GeForce 364.51 beta WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kosta20071, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Jericho2013

Jericho2013 Active Member

GPU:
    2 x 2080 Ti in SLI
    Plenty of TDRs with this version. I upgraded from 362.00 and never had a TDR with that version.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  2. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    Please narrow it down.

Are you able to reliably reproduce?

Does it occur in 3D mode? If so, what game? is physX supported? if so, try changing physX processor to CPU.

Does it occur while browsing? What browser? Is hardware acceleration enabled? If so, try to disable it.

Is anything overclocked? If so, undo the overclock.

Does it occur with a specific program?

Find .DMP file and email to nVidia driverfeedback to review.

3. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    This guy knows what he says.

4. Jericho2013

Jericho2013 Active Member

GPU:
    2 x 2080 Ti in SLI
    It's just random since installing the new drivers. I have only played Diablo 3 since installing and it didn't happen while playing. It happened while just in windows 10 64bit. No specific program caused it. And nothing is overclocked. It's definitely just the crappy driver. No issues with the previous version.

5. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Guys, I keep my GPU at 1450MHz (1500 is the maximum i reached for benchmarking), and until now I had no issues at all, no artifacts and no crashes, it was 100% stable. I could say my OC was pretty conservative, I always kept an eye on temps, which were totally within the range, and there is no overvolting applied. After updating to these drivers the card didn't work properly anymore, even at stock speeds. I am no fool and i know what to do when OC'ing. On the other hand, I really don't know what happened but it looks weird that after only three months the card's already dead, or close to that. Never had such an experience.

6. Tweaky81

Tweaky81 Member

GPU:
    XFX Fury TD
    I heard Nvidia is revising their control panel in one of their next drivers like AMD did it with crimson.:)

7. Where? What else are they bringing with next driver set?

8. Tweaky81

Tweaky81 Member

GPU:
    XFX Fury TD
  9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    That's not proof at all. It's more of an acknowledgement that he doesn't know.

I wouldn't expect NV to do anything with CPL at the moment as their main driver workforce is likely being tasked with DX12, Vulkan and Pascal drivers development. Not the best time to spread out resources on a new CPL.

10. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    but i don't face any TDR anymore. other that got TDR can try since no harm.

11. What can they add to CP?

They better work on performance improvements, although 362.00 excels at it.

12. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    Better descriptions for some of the 3D settings, there is still some uncertainty whether their only work on OpenGL or global, maybe bring back the old updater and add Shadowplay to it instead of GFE.

I think the interface is fine as it is, everything has it owns category and its easy to use but it could be faster, it still freezes for a few seconds when trying to change settings.

Also make so that Shadowplay can work without an internet connection, I don't even know why internet is a requirement for it to work.

13. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    My issue is different , my clock randomly when the computer is idle the max clock is 658.5 mhz and I need to use Nvidia Inspector overclocking just clicking APPLY clocks without actual overclock.

Which driver fix the issue ?

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...te-throttling-and-temporary-fix-/3/?offset=44

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  14. Margusx

Margusx Active Member

GPU:
    Msi GTX970 gaming 4g
  15. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Theses have a mouse glitch for me with ie 11.0.10240 (win 10) when accessing the favorites pane. I Modded the inf and installed Quadro 364.51 and no such glitch. Does anyone else have this glitch with these GeForce driver?

Regards

16. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    These have worked perfectly fine for me. Still have a 680 GTX. Not saying everyone having problems are imagining things, but I read a lot of silly stuff in tech forums.

17. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Great driver for me, plays fine. And my DVD rips that I watch look very good to. Alot of times, some that play good look crappy with my video files, but this 1 is nice.

18. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Had to roll back to 362.00 since the Netflix app would seemingly, randomly hard lock my system when streaming Netflix. Not even an error log in Windows.

19. Dan

Dan Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 FE
    I seem to be getting screen tearing when scrolling through my games library in steam with these drivers. Is anyone else getting the same thing?

20. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    TUF OC RTX 3080
    Not me :)