1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia GeForce 355.69 for GeForce GTX 950 - Download & Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Aug 20, 2015.

1. klepp0906

klepp0906 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    Wut?

Yea it's obvious, lots of competition when a company with as bad of support and software as nvidia can release cards costing up to double the "competition" and still claim marketshare.

Meanwhile a major ffxiv bug I reported in summer of 2013 and continually reported for 6 months is still present. As is a minor one that was confirmed by nvidia as recent as January, still present.

Those monster profit margins aren't high enough to warrant hiring more/better software engineers eh? Hike the cards another 100 if that's what it takes to get drivers more than once a month with fixes for actual issues and not just support for your next money sponge.

Windows 10 is a perfect example. I can't think of many companies Microsoft must have worked closer with throughout development nor how long nvidia had access yet the drivers are still borked a month AFTER release.

Doesn't help us enthusiasts who use technologies such as SLI and surround which have been around over a decade now.. But are still treated as niche and are problem ridden.

/rant off

Waiting for that "SLI fix" so I can game without worrying I'll have to format my pc yet again due to crashing and corruption.

2. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    In game res is 1920x1080. Using g-sync with v-sync off. The monitor is the AOC G2460PG.

Basically with g-sync on even the game launcher stutters. Then when you get in game and drop in testing ground or an actual match it just stutters all over the place with FPS dropping to around 20 if you alt+tab in and out of the game.

I'm back to using 353.62 now because that issue is not present in those drivers.

3. Elite3540

Elite3540 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Thanks for the modded inf, works now! :)

Thanks for sharing the method man, now my installation didn't fail. :)

- -
    Yeah it may be easy but I didn't have to mod a driver in my life so yeah this was my first time to do this, thanks for the notes though, it worked now. :)

That aside, no driver issues so far, running perfectly great.

Enjoy the new driver guys!

4. Claude350

Claude350 Active Member

GPU:
    PNY 1060 GTX SSC
    Thanks for the modded inf. The installation failed due to the graphics driver not being able to be installed to my GTX 560ti cards. They are running in SLI. I tried multiple time but was not successful.

5. blackroseMD1

blackroseMD1 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
    They did actually say that it should be available this holiday season, so Fermi DX12 support is probably scheduled for November or December.

6. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    Try this one:
    http://www.megafileupload.com/9c61/nv_disp.zip

NVIDIA_DEV.1082 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti"

7. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Better be! I am kinda very busy in the next couple of months anyway. So back in middle or end of November truly. Just wanna pick up my freshly baked DX 12 driver for Fermi. :D

8. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    These drivers are running really well.Played GTA V close to about 3 hours last night.Ran out Trevor's missions for Nigel and then the entire mission after getting the cargo bob.Smooth gaming goodness! :D

9. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
    If it seems bad, I recently came back to Nvidia from a year with AMD, and if you think Nvidia's software development team is understaffed/underused, then you'd probably feel like AMD's is practically non-existent. They've basically spent several YEARS now trying to make DX11 work right, and they still have massive overhead issues.

DX12 can't come into widespread use soon enough. I think that's going to solve a lot of problems for both sides, tbh.

10. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    only for new games. if you get lucky.