nVidia GeForce 352.86 WHQL driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by FDisk, May 18, 2015.

1. szakh

szakh Guest

GPU:
    GTX980ti EVGA SC+@1501Mhz
    Wahou !!! Same here. A new crash, this time my PC was completely locked !! Had to plug out/in power plug to start the PC again, I though my PC was dead !

These drivers are DANGEROUS !

It seems like using any OC with these drivers will kill my GPU... Quickly back to <350 drivers for me !

Honestly NVidia, 350.12 was catastrophic and it seems that this is the same here... Is there an official statement to not use any OC with these particular drivers ?

This is sad :( ... Hope it will be solved soon :(

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    You can fix it by downloading the NVIDIA GeForce SLI Profile Tool which allows you to export the profiles as a text file for easy editing then reimport then. Alternatively, you can use NVIDIA Inspector which has the option also built in.

Once exported, open up the text file in an editor such as Notepad or Notepad++ and search for the Vegas Pro 12 profile and change the following the ProfileType from "Global" to "Application". Save and exit then reimport the profiles.

3. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Now try instead of underclock from your overclock an underclock from your factory overclock by -100Mhz. I bet it will pass with flying colors.

4. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio
    Yeah, losing 12 ****ing FPS in the benchmark, GTFO Nvidia, seriously, i dont know what the **** are they doing

5. szakh

szakh Guest

GPU:
    In order to try to identify the issue, do you also have a GSync monitor ?
    In my case I have a XB270HU.

6. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio
    I play on my 42" TV LG3D

I saved The Witcher 3 profile and going back to 347.52, because this is a ****ing joke, seriously @manuelG what the **** are the nvidia team doing? because hell, i hate ATI but at this way the next GPU will be from them, my god

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah or if you import older profiles by new gpu branches, I had that a couple of times, last 2-3 had dirt3 glitch and it showed by global. To fix that I had to remove all my saved profiles and delete out the conflicting one (dirt3) import back and its ok again.

Anyway finally new driver, I just hope it won't glich my factory oc too.

8. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Since downclocking the cards from factory overclock solves the issue it probably got nothing to do with what monitor you have.

9. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Do a couple of runs of 3DMark Skydiver Demo to check your overclock stability quickly.
    But it looks like the Maxwell GTX970 and the GTX980 are suffering the most from this issue.

10. szakh

szakh Guest

GPU:
    Yes, I am pretty sure you are right, but there is still something strange with GSync and "Desktop mode" since the beginning of GSync.

For me GPU states (sorry don't know exactly there name, just that there is different "state" using different GPU speak depending of the PC tasks needs) are used strangely with GSync, there is no need for me to be at something like 700Mhz while beeing on Winword, Firefox, Desktop... This is too much, that's why I ask myself "If Desktop mode is using an overkill 700Mhz frequency will it act well when playing ?"...

And since my 2 crashes with the brand new drivers where on Desktop mode I really like to know what NVidia has to say about GSync / Windows Desktop / Overclocking ... etc. Something a bit more official... :)

I don't know if I am understandable here :D !

... We will maybe know a bit more when ManuelG wake up... Maybe this was not the best time to sleep :D... hihihi :)

11. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    On Windows 10|352.84 set my max 1501Mhz OC on my 980 seems to be fine.

12. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I cleaned the drivers using DDU and so far so good. I'll post again if it crashes.

13. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    like all the latest drivers, the drivers crash my factory overclocked GPU... reverted to 347.88 and all is good again, oh well, hope next drivers are better... or maybe the 347.88 are the last Kepler-optimized set, it would be no surprise.

14. Jamek004

Jamek004 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 STRIX
    install and work fine here no problem at all, as always

now, waiting for the witcher 3 release to night :)

Thank you NVIDIA :)

15. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Did they fix gtaV stuttering after playing for half an hour?.

16. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    No install/usage issues following DDU uninstaller ....

17. AStaUK

AStaUK Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti
    Are you saying that when you are on the desktop you GPU is clocked to 700Mhz+, if you turn GSync off do you get the same?

18. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    The black screen crashes also happen on Maxwell's I think even more then on older cards.

And you are right about the 347.88
    While those can still crash after a very long gaming session they are much much more stable then all the drivers after this one. The new ones don't pass most of the benchmarks even on factory overclocked cards that should be 100% stable with the factory clocks.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Yep I saw Skydiver can be really demanding on gpu OC, I was limited to 1215mhz, but then I tweaked few parameters (power lanes) in bios and now with e.g. 350.05 I could pass it 1228mhz np.

Back then it didnt blackscreen, just artifact around when she entered the cave - a little sooner when there was lots of bloom and water reflections outside, this was @ demo part, not actual benchmark.

Going to download now.

20. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    i will give these a go , as i want the witcher 3 optimizations , just hope that i don't start with the driver problems some are having in this thread .