nVidia GeForce 352.86 WHQL driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by FDisk, May 18, 2015.

1. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi rtx 2080ti trio
    nope i always overclock gpu only, not vram, and i'm using an old ddr3 1333mhz at lower latencies not at higher clocks because i'm using an h67 and that mobo desn't allow memery overclock, i will try putting them in stock latencies and see what happens, because i put everything in stock (clocks only) and chrome still crashes, and i think it's driver problem because when i downgrade driver to 350.12 and lower there is no crashes in chrome, the only game i get crashes is MKX

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  2. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX
    nope

its with chrome, idle gpu here

it got fixed when disabled flash HW acceleration, but i want it on later on... I OC even on desktop yeah... that could be a cause, but still, was not broken before so... fixable for nvidia :nerd:

plus in Madrid we had 37 degrees a few days ago (strange temps) without crashes, now we r on high 20s and it crashes

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I meant nvidia vram latencies not system ram latency, guess its not really it then if it crashes in idle & completely stock.. Must be something else and how it handles HW accelerated parts.

Maybe new P-state switching again? Like back with 280 & 285.xx driver branch (started with whql 280).. I remember my GF110 chip (570gtx) use switch far to often to 3d and heat up more, while some Tdr'd - it was a famous bug on Fermi GF104/114 chips..
    Took them 2-3 mayor driver branches to recover, ~295.xx or 298.xx driver..

4. gozunz

gozunz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    I have similar experiences on my 770. Slightly slower performance in benchmarks, fans dont spin up as much, so far no crashes or any bugs.

5. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    Hardware accleration should be turned off IMO. All it does is create problems. Still no problems on my rig and I am using a higher overclock than usual.

6. brendanvista

brendanvista Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Would someone be willing to screenshot their NVIDIA Inspector profile for Witcher 3 with this driver, and post it here? I want to get the SLI settings from someone.

7. mr1hm

mr1hm Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    had the "driver not responding and recovered" message with these.

it was google chrome that was causing it (or more specifically, battlelog web plugin and chrome). updated chrome and so far seems good but, now i see a chrome message when visiting battlelog stating that support will be dropped for it soon.

8. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    my country weather is hot with one type of weather only. i also don't have chrome issue or the BSOD issue.

347.88 update to 352.86 1st time ever saw the black screen so i reboot the pc it finished installed with the latest driver but i worried so use DDU reinstall everything back. (the only complaint)

when open youtube on chrome it freeze awhile for loading, maybe adblock enable. i'm not sure..

9. BananaRepublik

BananaRepublik Member Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 2080ti
    Here you go:

[​IMG]

I tried these bits with driver version 350.12, but the SLI scaling is way off and it runs like crap.

352.86 is crashing for me as well. Randomly, it seems. Guess we just have to wait for a hotfix.

EDIT: Sorry for the huge image.

10. EarlZ

EarlZ Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Zotac GTX 780
    Importing the profile does not work, using the latest drivers gives me the same performance as 350.12 but I see both GPU's @ 90%+

11. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    I did that too (however before installing 352.86), I installed the game and then removed the galaxy.dll. Message appears,I close it and games starts as you say (with no problems @ fullscreen too). Also updated game and played it only for few hours straight,stable with no issues. (I use same overclock as before,core only,never mem..yet).
    Chrome updated? I will check after work,maybe that's the reason for the single "driver crash and recover" I had.

12. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    nvidia driver moving forward like old days AMD driver.

13. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Let´s hope we can get a fix for the witcher´s stuttering:

14. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    I've rolled back to the 350.12 drivers for now, black screen of doom is quite annoying, hopefully some sort of hotfix driver will be released.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Re: did some more testing

I installed older 350.05, upgraded to 352.86 (update, no clean install) and now it wanted to show all 4 options for a split second, but then it glitched and shows only desktop color depth: 32bit, like before after Output color depth: 8bpc-12bpc disappeared..

And HDMI in general uses mostly 59hz, just tested DeusEX Human Revolution - missing link DLC and it limits to 59Hz, at DVI-D its 60Hz.

Same with youtube videos, it shows 1080p 59fps option instead of 60fps.

16. mcdermots1

mcdermots1 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X Pascal
    3 instances of 'driver stopped responding' in the last 24hrs on the desktop, including 2 complete clean installs.
    Back to 350.12....gladly.

17. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    So no hotfix driver wth?

18. crisrodrigues

crisrodrigues Member

GPU:
    3x GTX 980 SLI
    I'm testing with default vram clock settings now, seems more stable, but only time will tell. I guess something is going on with these drivers and vram overclock

19. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX
    that sttutering is caused by borderless windowed, for me it gets fixed on fullscreen mode

in order to make FS mode work, I had to change desktop refresh rate to 60hz (had it on 72), game works well on 72, but desktop had to be 60

20. Ouzo

Ouzo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Black screen issue