Nvidia Geforce 344.65 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AndyB, Nov 10, 2014.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I didnt use these long, removed them when I saw it could downclock gpu to low 3d 534mhz.. It happened in COD BO2 multiplayer with 2.25x DSR.

No issues with earlier drivers 344.xx & DSR., atm using 344.47 and its ok, strange though 344.47 is from the same R343_00 branch like 344.65, only last 3digit number is a bit higher.

EDIT:
    Also these have a bit newer cuda,

344.65: 6.5.29
    344.47: 6.5.22

but I kinda doubt newer cuda could cause such issue..

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  2. Goose

Goose Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Hybrid (+ GT745)
    Might as well ask here:

IIRC, there have been reports of a profile tweak for MW: O since 344.48, but the games' player base seems to have starting fighting screen freezes since then.

This driver, and the one between, also list a "new" tweak to the profile, but nothing seems to have changed since '.48: Are they actually new, or is this a cut'n paste error?

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    The past 3-4 releases have not been major steps in any form. Just game optimizations, which it seems has had in impact in stability in some forms in other areas. Though this set works great in games for the moment, gpuz's graphics test artifacts on this set, and the past sets do not, as well as intermittent crashes while idle on desktop.

This set artifacts gpuz's graphics test even on stock clock while past sets do not.

It could be limited to something with the GTX 980 or not, I have not seen much about it anywhere else.

4. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    anyone have a modded inf

5. MasterBash

MasterBash Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    Ok can somebody help me...

I use dual monitor and when my monitors come out of standby or sleep, one of them (primary, vg248qe 144hz) does not turn back on, black screen.

I use displayport. If I restart my computer, it gets fixed. If I uninstall the nvidia drivers, I have no issues using the microsoft display drivers (although they are unusable for obvious reasons), so I believe the problem is caused by the nvidia drivers.

However, prior to my format, I am pretty sure the 344.11 worked... It doesnt this time. I am confused.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Best driver for myself so far have been the 337.82 set. Every thing after has given me issues.

7. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I have been sifting through the 344's since 337.94 (where I have been stuck since 331.65) does not install on my upgrade :frown:. After trying most these appear to be the best for me so far. Any input would be helpful.

Regards

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just worked out why my GPU is stuck with 3D clocks 24/7 with these drivers (Maybe all drivers, not sure)

Windows Live Mail is forcing them into 3D clocks, close WLM, it clocks down, open it, it clocks back up and stays there

Any way to stop this happening?

EDIT - NVCP > 3D settings > Programs > WLMail > Turned off every single thing I could see in those settings > restarted WLM, job done :)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  9. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    In the nvcp do not use maximum performance for the profile.

10. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    :D lol is that the only thing I had to change? haha, ah well, don't need it anti-aliased or pre-rendered or vsync'd either

11. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Yeah afaik.
    If you have a samsung ssd with samsung magician open it will not allow full screen mode. Took me a couple hours of trouble shooting to figure that one out.

12. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Good to know if it happens again then, thanks

EDIT - Haven't moved into 2014 in terms of storage yet, still on mechanical HDD, it's high on the long list of upgrades, but behind moving to Intel

13. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I am still in search of the preferred driver, since I gave up with the 344 and the 600. 337.94 dell were the end of it for me. These are pretty good and the best I have tried so far, I have tested 11,16,65,75 n 80. I will give 344.47 a try for sure. I need to caught up!

I know how oc'd it goes, now I need to find where it is the fastest. The good time of the trade. :D specially with some luck!

Regards