Nvidia Geforce 344.65 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AndyB, Nov 10, 2014.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Did you enable SLI after installing the drivers? It is disabled by default when you install drivers. I ask because you're getting zero usage on GPU 2.

2. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We just fixed this bug so it should be in the next driver release.

3. tw1st

tw1st Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080 ROG Strix
    Just noticed that fps limiter in now gone :( I don't see it anymore in nvidia inspector, can anyone confirm?

*edit*

nevermind it's there, just switched off for some reason when updating drivers.

4. perik

perik New Member

GPU:
    gtx 970 4bg
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming
    After updating from .60 driver to .65, i have a problem.
    When in 2d, the core clock stays at 1177Mhz and 50% power draw.
    Even when the monitor is OFF due to power saving.
    This didn't happen with the .60 driver.
    Anyone has noticed that? Or even better has anyone come up with a solution?

I asked around this question for a couple of days now and noone ever gave me an answer except reboot, which of course i had already done. Maybe i'll have better luck here?

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    In Assassin's Creed Unity on maxed out 1920x1200 Ultra High settings with PCSS shadows, I have noticed some artifacts when using TXAA...mainly white specks that appear in a line, like texture seaming, which goes away when dropping down to MSAA, FXAA or no AA. Also there are some weird lighting glitches on the walls and floors, an intense yellow light that moves with the camera inside the mansion at the start of Act 1, Mission 3. Also, there is a lot of shimmering on backgrounds and even with TXAA there is a lot of aliasing (FXAA seems somewhat better in many ways). Kind of annoying given that this is supposed to be an NVIDIA sponsored game and I'm using the latest 344.65 drivers for it.

I tried taking some screenshots of it but it is difficult because the white "seaming" changes so quickly.

6. facboy

facboy New Member

posted this on geforce forums too, it's a relatively small thing but this release breaks the pci-e render test in GPU-Z, at least on my 980. ends up with checkerboard patterns everywhere. reverting to 344.60 fixes it. received confirmation from a couple of other ocuk members that this is not isolated to my system, happens on at least one other 980 and also a 970.

7. heymian

heymian Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Getting "Driver stopped responding/Has recovered" errors while playing Metro Redux. Same with 344.60's. Windows 8

8. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    Sorry i should mentioned it, GPU 2 is just my old 750Ti dedicated for PhysX.
    Btw. Warframe had long loading times also, even on 840 Pro. On the time i loaded up, all other players were pretty far away.

Maybe try Shadowplay, and take screenshots from the video?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Still don't like the Shadows of Mordor SLI profile. In combat I get periodic slowdowns which also occur randomly throughout the world. Not as often as before but still...

10. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Thnx.

Wen we get MFAA in the nvcp?

11. bokeh4096

bokeh4096 Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 4GB
    Disable Advanced PhysX. It's broken. And inform nvidia because it doesn't look like either them or the developer are going to fix it on their own.

12. Terepin

Terepin Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S GAMING X
    Force PhysX to run on CPU.

13. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    With this driver and using DSR on Final Fantasy XIV, when i alt-tab the mouse stops responding sometimes when i go back to the game, so i have to alt tab again and then back to the game again so the mouse works again.

This started to happen with this driver.

Final Fantasy XIV performance with this driver (the more i alt-tab from Fullscreen the worse it seems to become over the time):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. heymian

heymian Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Will try this, thanks.

15. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    2 problems.

1) GTX680m doesn't seem to downclock properly to 135core 325mem after exiting game
    2) Might be unrelated, but, problem with desktop icons not loading from external drive.
    3) Might be unrelated, but, COD:AW levels seem to load very slowly sometimes.

Went back to 344.48. Fixes problem 1 and 2. Testing problem 3.

16. Johnny Rook

Johnny Rook Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 3Gb
    Yeah.

A driver fresh install from root fixed the problems I had with both games. My bad. :p

17. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 XC3
    If you have Batman Arkham Origins try running the benchmark it that as well.
    On the second scene in the prison, watch the loose paper and toilet paper on the floor, if it's not moving there's an issue.

I've experience the exact same thing with Metro Redux (driver stopped responding) as well as the Batman issue.

After multiple 344.65 install and uninstall (using DDU), Physx finally started working properly, and the issues were gone.

It was really strange, comes across to me like a driver installation problem.

edit:
    After posting this, I ran the benchmarks again myself (since a fresh OS install yesterday) and you know what, I had the same problem.
    So I just run DDU reinstalled these drivers and PhysX is working again.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  18. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Reverted back to 344.60 and no more mouse problems (only those where it doesn't respond after i go back to the game after an Alt-tab) in FFXIV, which was also when those drops to 1 and 2 FPS happened unless it stopped moving.

Must be another issue, but this time with DSR.

Also that problem people are reporting with DSR where there's a transparent Square around the cursor, happens with FFXIV when i move to the about to the area of the Taskbar despite playing Fullscreen.

The mouse also disappears when it's near the left edge of the screen, seems about the same distance i need to calculate for the mouse pointer to click on the proper place while using DSR.

EDIT: It's happening again even on 344.48, (the mouse not responding after some alt-tabs). I didn't install anything since the driver so i don't know what it might be, however i didn't do a clean install when i downgraded the driver, i just did the lazy way of install over 344.65

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  19. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080Ti
    I realise nvidia doesn't give a effin' ef about niche titles, but please fix the SLI profile for Farming Simulator 2015. The game won't even start with SLI enabled, crashing with OpenGL timeouts, and that's with the timeout fix. I know I say this every time, but dear God I am never, ever buying an SLI setup ever, ever, ever again.

20. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    Farming sim 15 working ok for me, sli enabled ( no crash here) maybe its a 3 way problem I was just feeding my chickens this very morning just before i pop on assassins creed , hope you find a fix :pc1: