Nvidia Geforce 344.60 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Bradders684, Nov 4, 2014.

1. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    That's what i was doing before that random someone appeared because he doesn't like to see his beloved nVIDIA get blamed for their mistakes.

Gonna do a TL;DR of what i said before:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1

- Alien Isolation: Plays Great, no more issues loading levels
    - Battlefield 4: Plays Great
    - Far Cry 3: Plays Great
    - Final Fantasy XIV: Terrible performance, apparently not the only MMO with issues based on others feedback.
    - Guild Wars 2: Plays Ok, could be better but that depends on the devs.
    - Mirror's Edge: Plays Great
    - Witcher 2: Plays Great

I have absolutely no issues (at least that i've noticed) on Windows, watching movies, or anything else. HDMi Still doesn't work.

There was just a problem with GeForce Experience i didn't mention where some buttons were missing, like the buttons to configure LED Visualizer for example, but i uninstalled it and installed the standalone installer of version 2.1.3 from the nVIDIA downloads section and now no buttons missing.

Overall it's a good driver for my 970, but still doesn't fix performance problems some people have with some games, still it's a Game Ready driver and not an optimization one, that's why i keep bringing research into the Final Fantasy XIV issues and might help nVIDIA to realize what's going on, which can be easily seen on previous pages, and i also explain to people that are kind enough to ask where i have these issues so they check by themselves.

2. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Take it easy guys :)
    regarding driver reviews, its kinda hard to check based forum user review
    i mean, people that coming to forum and post, more often writing about issue on their system, rather than people that have working system nicely and just go to forum writing "this driver is amazing! thank you"

But yes if the driver is bad enough, there will be more post than usual

I am using 344.48 on 780 lighting right now
    so far every games i played are okay (based what i feel)... firefox flash still crashing though lol, but i think that adobe issue rather than gpu
    while i dont play FF14 much anymore nowdays, FF14 seems just ok on my system

and I agree FF14 is crap game:cheers:, graphic maybe lil-bit better than other MMO, but the game is so boring, every patch giving same content, repeating contents over and over... and end-contents is just about memorize gimmick + RNG luck based drop/lot... its just feel not right and old to me ... no offense to FF14 player but that based what i feel about the game

@EL1TE
    i check around, and find reddit + lodestone forum about 970/980 issue, but its more like fogs bugs, got fixed by recent driver but some getting low fps... while other said nothing wrong...so its possible game client or driver..
    but you are saying other game works great, only FF14 is bad
    so why only FF14?
    IMHO you shouldnt just think this because crappy driver, as there is possibility game-engine-client side that have unusual DX9 technique that result low FPS, i think you should ask SE support too, even i am kinda sure they will saying nothing wrong in their game, usual SE manner

EDIT: oh btw try remove GeforceExperience, might not have relation but its evil/crap software
    i got lots issue with GFexperience before, uninstall it and no more issue
    now everytime i update driver, i also skip installing it and other than i dont use

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You guys need to put this to rest and get back on topic. That would be discussion on the Nvidia Geforce 344.60 WHQL Driver. If you guys can't stop fighting, your accounts will all be terminated for the greater good of this community. I will not tolerate this childish bashing from either party.

H.

4. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    I'm new to NVidia, well since 8800GT anyway, so have never used GeForce Experience before.

Seemed ok on .48 and seems OK on too.60, what are the issues I should be looking out for? Can't say I've noticed anything?

5. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Maybe he is talking about the issues with GFE that came with 344.11 and 344.16 were it would give a lot of errors when using SweetFX, it was fixed with GFE 2.1.3

Personally i like to use it to configure the LED, but that's pretty much what i use it for.

6. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    OK cool, thanks.

I like that LED visualiser too, I had my LED dancing away to music last night lol

Whatever next! :)

I just have it on breathing mode now.

7. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Monitoring like MSI Afterburner would be great :)

Thanks i fixed it now lol

8. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    Considering my computer was built for text editing, some image processing and CUDA video encoding (my job is basically translating subtitles for TV shows) I am a bit disappointed with the CUDA situation now and how some of the software I used for encoding won't work right unless I "trick" the system registering the old NVCUVENC libraries...

Apart from that these drivers are the best I've ever tried regarding gaming, I don't do a lot of gaming but I can see the optimizations made in recent releases of the drivers and how the CPU is not that stressed anymore (which is nice considering the ancient CPU in my computer), in relatively modern games I always had to resort to 1080p 30 fps, now I can play a lot of games in 60 fps with little compromises thanks to the CPU not being that much of a bottleneck anymore. Thanks Nvidia ! just hope the software that used to go with NCUVENC switch to NVENC as soon as possible : )

9. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    It does monitor GPU speed and temp, doesn't it? I'm sure I've seen some info tab. And it has to have some monitoring capabilities otherwise the GPU temp and utilisation options for the LED thing wouldn't work.

Or do you mean more indepth coverage?

10. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    Mordor seems a bit smoother than .16. Also working great in BF4 and SC2.

11. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    GPU Usage, Temperature, Core Clock, Memory Clock, Memory Usage, Framerate (FPS), per Core usage/temps, RAM Usage, Pagefile usage, time and more stuff :)

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Not going to upgrade to these since I do not play CoD.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I have some minor issues with DSR

- The Evil Within, it doesnt work - not scalling properly. It outputs non downsampled resolution

- COD BlackOps2, the game would occasionally crash with unexpected handle caught error or something like that. Works ok, but once I enable DSR and make a fresh start it can fail by game start (BEX as cause).. Usually it changes my desktop to downsampled reso and then hangs there. I have to remove DSR completely and repair game cache to make it working again.

And forced ambient occlusion issue

- TeamFortress2, default AO flag flickers on/off or disappear in 2fort map, still...

- COD World at War multiplayer, its AO flag has huge bleeding, same in COD4 Modern Warfare.

14. writer21

writer21 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC ACX 780 sli 3gb
    These drivers are terrible. I went back to 344.48 for COD:AW and the game runs a lot smoother with one card only. Enabling sli brings a whole lot of stuttering and hitching and actually lowers frames.

Hopefully Nvidia optmizes sli usage so I can crank up the Supersampling in game.

15. Axaion

Axaion Active Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G

all that money used on hardware, and yet still no clue that two cards in SLI does not magically double the ram that way.

Oh. my. god.

This is the reason cards such as the Titan Z sells.

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Ive played many 3 hour + zombie sessions with no issues using DSR.

17. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Yes, i just checked my GFE and it seems like it looks for keywords like "Program Files", "Steam"/"SteamLibrary", and "Games" in folder names. I have a bunch of drives with multiple Steam Libraries in my computer and those are what was found. Not sure if its registry or just simple keyword matching (the Games folder it found isn't a steam directory).

On the other hand, it did not find my FFXIV install, since its not in any of those folders. I have to add that one manually. Good to know that it saves if you update through GFE, i may just start doing that. I normally do a clean install (not using DDU though). The installers have come a long way :)

18. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Is there a fix coming for Nvidia Driver crash on certain cards in Advanced Warfare? My friend with a GTX 660 Ti crashes all the time, his PC reboots mid game fairly often which really sucks for him.

19. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    FIFA 15 with 4K DSR is running silky smooth with these drivers. On previous drivers I had a touch of lag and tearing.

20. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    First off. I confess. Too lazy to search this whole thread to see if anyone else has this issue.
    So, SLI scaling is not working properly for my top (main) card. MSI shows the bottom card boosted %100 throughout a game. (BF primarily) and the top card fluctuates between stock and boost. But most stays at stock speeds. I power management mode, for BF4 set at Max Performance. Tried switching Prioritization between Power limit and temp limit with no change. So I went ahead and did a DDU and installed the 340.52 set and SLI speeds scaled properly again.

Does anyone else notice this? And again. I was too lazy to search through the whole thread so sorry if I'm duplicating another post.