1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVIDIA GeForce 344.11 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kens30, Sep 19, 2014.

1. writer21

writer21 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA SC ACX 780 sli 3gb
    I can't use Gsync any more with no scaling option selected. I was able to with last drivers but now the light doesn't turn red and stays in normal mode.

Anyone else experience this?

2. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Drivers have work good for me so far.

3. Marringu

Marringu Member

GPU:
    Asus 1070 OC
    I get black screen in ARMA III with this driver version on a fresh OS. I haven't OC'ed the GFX card, maybe it's my CPU OC. I reverted to 340.52 which stable with my system.

4. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    Maybe my eyesight is bad, but I squinted my eyes real hard to try and find a difference. There is a difference in GPU usage, that is true. But image quality is more or less the same. So... yay?
    I guess this is something that would have to be seen in motion to see the difference...

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    look at the close up before, and the gun model (by original pics - zoom it with browser) there are no black outlines.. MFAA only removes extra workload by removing extra antialiasing pixels where it doesnt need to render it, by that gun model it smooths it more then just normal MSAA.. Its still kinda the same, but in motion I noticed less MSAA shimmering, its still here though but lowered by at least 50%. At least that's what I saw when I played nuketown2025 MP map.

I tried the same in BF4, but its MSAA sucks bad and there is still a lot of shimmering unless I use extra resolution scaling.

6. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 980 Ti
    First time a driver caused issues for me.
    I have been having strange framerate fluctuations in Diablo 3, it happens almost like clockwork. FPS counter says it 60 FPS, but every 30 sec or so, there is "judder".

Going back to 327.23 fixes this issue for me.
    I tried updating all my other systems drivers. But I can only only narrow it down to the driver.

Also testing Windows 10 with this driver.(327.23) No problems so far, it even seems to perform better, with all the same drivers as used on Windows 8.1.

7. NHK

NHK Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    Went back to 340.52 WHQL and everything is right as rain again.

344.11 is probably the worst driver I have used since coming back
    to Nvidia last summer. Multiple system freeze that required rebooting
    and games with a steady dose of stuttering.

Guess my system and these drivers just don't agree. :pc1:

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Are you Oc'ing your cpu or everything stock frequency?

9. NHK

NHK Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    CPU & GPU at stock.

The system freeze was the first time in a very long time I
    experienced a total lockup. The only factor that had changed
    was display drivers. My overall experience with the 344.11
    was "meh". Hope for better next go around.

10. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    As always I'm getting massive drops in Diablo III and for the first time ever occasional screen freezes that are fixed by tabbing out and in. It's so frustrating the only game I play runs so terribly, and has done for so long.

11. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    I'm not redoing my inspector stuff until the next WHQL. I have very few problems though and keep my system clean as a bottle of bleach. Maybe some of you need to do some housekeeping I have seen no problems from these. But if there were problems I would not doubt it this is just the first release without DX10. Or the games people are playing are horribly coded. More of a beta imo.

12. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Getting crashes in Wolfenstein new order.

Game crashed in 2 separate places, both were autosave spots. As soon as it would auto save game would crash, once it closed without error and the other time it hard locked my system.

RAGE also closed without error when I tested it for half an hour or so.

Crysis 3 also has a few crashes.

Tomb raider which I have been playing for 15 hours on these drivers has had no crashes.

I can also run heaven on extreme with 8aa endlessly so it is not a clock instability.

These drivers really just suck. Never had any of those problems with the drivers I used for my 780.

Oh and the brightness of my system seems to be higher, I actually turned it down from the defauly 50% in NVCP to 40%, something I have never considered before.

Actually now that I think of it I had random crashes in Crysis and Crysis Warhead when I first got this card on these drivers, I only played them to see how they ran.

I have never had crashes in those games before

When I swapped from these to the .16 drivers temporarily the crashes went away in crysis 3 but there was an absolutely massive performance hit, like 30% drop, so I decided I'd take my chances with crashing rather than guaranteed crap performance.

Seriously F these drivers

@NHK

Same with me, I have not had game crashes in over 6 months on the last drivers. The only changes were always just slight performance changes one way or the other.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  13. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    (.)an X
    I had a couple of bluescreens while not doing much at the desktop, I've gone back to the previous drivers.

14. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    I haven't been keeping up with this thread. So how do I use MFAA? I'm not really familiar with Nvidia Inspector and I didn't see the option in Nvidia Control panel.

15. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I think it has to be implemented in game, no games have it yet.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    That's because its a driver feature like FXAA and it enhances normal MSAA.

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I don't think the driver supports it yet. And yeah, it enhances the normal AA (or more like modifies it).

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Yes it does even on Kepler, but via nvinspector.

Tested in at least 5 games so far and everyone had better MSAA afterwards, also lower gpu utilization.

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I somewhat doubt that it was working. Afaik it uses Maxwells better programmable msaa sample thingy. Besides, that option is there even for Fermi - and it doesn't mean that enabling it makes it to work. Also it shouldn't offer better quality but performance.

20. kurtextrem

kurtextrem Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    I still wonder if you could disable normal AA, enable FXAA and MFAA