1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVIDIA GeForce 344.11 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kens30, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    is this driver recommended? i'm still on 337.50 for BF4 gameplay.

2. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    I had 2 system freezes in windows 7 when using firefox.

dont happen in windows 8.1 though.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    turn off hw acceleration in FF, I only time i ever had system freezes with FF was with HW acceleration enabled. As such i have have hw acceleration disabled in it for 5+ years. and even when i do use it with it enabled i see no performance difference.

HW acceleration in FF is buggy and even Mozilla dev know this and recommend it off it you have issues. Then again people have argued why should they have to disabled it. Well it know to be buggy and most likely fix problems

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  4. gringopig

gringopig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    I've been getting these freezes ever since 337.50 drivers came out. Solid freezes ups only in Firefox. Kept on trying the drivers as they came out but always had to revert to 335.23 which was without this error.
    Disabling HW acceleration did not fix it.
    So, tried 344.11 and sure enough a freeze after 5 seconds on this very forum but instead of going back to 335.23, I uninstalled Firefox and am using Chrome which seems to be perfectly fine.
    So, for me, it seems my system does not like the combination of Firefox and the drivers later than 335.23.
    Sticking with Chrome.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    dont know then my system has had hard one for issues with any nvidia driver since i made this build

Any time any voice chat program is up and running connected to server. And I open any program with HW acceleration that isnt a game (aka Firefox , .net, etc with hw acceleration on) my system will hard lock/freeze almost instantly. hence i have HW acceleration disabled on alot that stuff when possible.

But I do know FF hw acceleration is buggy at best and the dev's recommend disabling it if it what causing the issue.

Then again this Hardlock/freezes on my end are only reproduce able on my end when nvidia drivers are on my system with said hw acceleration enabled in those said programs.

6. gringopig

gringopig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    I tried a lot of things to get to the bottom of it to no end. Stress tested the PC, gamed heavily for hours etc etc but never could work out what caused it but 337.50 was the first driver that had this improved architecture and used a shader cache.
    I always got 2 WHEA CPU internal timer ID 18 errors logged at the time I pressed the reset button after a freeze but always suspected this was as a result of the reset not the actual fault. Something was hard locking the CPU. Even the mouse would freeze.

So, the only conclusion I can draw from it is, for my system, Firefox in combination with Nvidia drivers higher than 335.23 were to blame. It didn't seem to matter about HW acceleration for me but there are so many variables in play it's hard to draw conclusions as to the cause of freeze ups.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Kinda why i just disable hw where possible and not worry about the problem happen for the last 5+ years

8. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti Windforce
    Hopefully it wont be needed. As far as i know, FFXIII uses the same engine (crystal tools) as the original pc FFXIV 1.0 (from 2010) did.

Then again... it wasn't too well optimized back then, and i doubt they made any changes since... lol

9. RecluSe

RecluSe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Funny you should mention that... I have the same issue. Random lock ups when using firefox. Gaming is absolutely fine but for whatever reason when using firefox it'll completely lock up the system from time to time.

10. gringopig

gringopig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    I installed Chrome on the 19th of this month as soon as 344.11 came out and have not had a freeze up since. Firefox took approximately 5 minutes to lock up with this driver on my system. Try Chrome after uninstalling Firefox?

Worth a shot.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Btw Nvidia does support full openCL 1.2 100%, even open CL 2.0 @ 62%.. Guess its other software bug reading it wrong, so all is good then.

@344.11whql atm
    [​IMG]

intel igpu has full 2.0 @ 100%.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Firefox works fine here for me then again i have HW acceleration disabled in FF for the past 5 years due to me being able reproduce hard lock/freeze with it on I dont seen difference with performance on vs off though.

13. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    No probs with Firefox here. Wouldn't install Chrome if you paid me. Hardware acceleration is never needed for any kind of enthusiast system.

14. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Nvidia too slow hehe
    What open cl in power director 12?

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    At least they finally implemented it, took them long enough..

Idk dont have that app.

16. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    This is a little bit unrelated, but: when NVIDIA installs its driver, is there any kind of configuration file(s) for the driver created? If so, is it editable?

17. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    To discover open inf-file which came with drivers for a card, find sections for a card and there you will find what settings are written to registry and what config-files are created.

18. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Using driver FXAA and any kind of forced AA at the same time is STILL Broken.

Has been broken since 331.82

dang

19. stillmatic84

stillmatic84 Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 750Ti OC 2Gb
    with 344.11 the Framerate Limiter in nVidia Inspector is broken. If you cap the fps to 59 ingame it will cap it to like 61-63 which gives huge screen tearing for me. Went back to 340.52 and the Framerate Limiter is working like it should ingame capped it to 59 and its 59 ingame with no screen tearing vsync off.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    ^
    hm weird frame limiter works fine here, I use 60fps cap in COD ghosts + force driver vsync + 1 frame to render ahead np,