NVIDIA GeForce 344.11 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kens30, Sep 19, 2014.

1. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980 Ti

I disabled SLI in NCP and games work flawlessly!

Funny how i was just recently planning on downgrading my computer. Getting rid of 2nd bluray drive, killer nic, some other accessories and, removing 1 690. I just don't need all this GPU power like i planned on using it at the time of purchase. Wanted to mine coins, do more folding, video editing acceleration which is shot due to CUDA changes recently, transcoding and whatever else, so I was thinking of rolling with just 1 690 for one more generation, but, i might get 1 980 or wait for the next batch of releases (Ti, etc) and just roll with a single 4GB GPU.

I've been using multi-GPU since the Radeon 4870X2 and maybe it's time to go back to single-GPU for a while. Less headaches.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Yes I saw your post once, I said hmm he has it too now, I never had such bsod before, even with that famous windows update bug, well I had one that was typical for this update.. Then removed them and didnt see it since.

Now I had those two too (same bug check codes, but only with ntoskernel.exe), but with 340.72.
    All this somehow started when I installed Asus usb3.0 boost ~ 1-2 weeks ago, every time either while listening to winamp + using logitech webcam mic or just during skype.. One time even during gaming + listening to music (webcam mic was active too).

Also since I updated to latest updates in September.

Not 100% sure, but Asus made a new bios that had something with native kernel.. And I updated to this bios ~1week ago as well..

these 3 were my primary suspects.. After that I checked even log and saw some stuff with AI suite - AShelper? missing << usb3.0 boost part, and some conflicts with DesktopActivityModeratorDriver - DUM?, uninstalled usb3.0 boost & in regedit removed this AShelper that pinpointed to missing service, repaired this DUM, rebuild WMI and rebuild indexing, also reinstalled Logitech webcam software and reinstalled XFI driver just in case (uninstalled in device manager and let it install again -rebooted), then all disappeared from logs.

And these bsods codes stopped too, until today with this specific nvidia bug while on desktop using skype..

Did you upate your mobo bios recently as well? I see it now has this special option by c-states (auto disabled), which means its using native - something about native kernel.
    http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi...updates-msr-unlocked-boots-native-kernel.html

This mine atm 0x3b can also be system ram depended, that's why I also raised that cpu system agent VCCSA a bit, I have my system ram OC'ed to 2400mhz, but funny thing is, it was ok yesterday while playing AVP2010, while 2 days earlier it happened there too ntsokernel.exe 0x139 bsod.. Not nvidia or anything.. Now nvidia specific and in idle. But yeah I had 344.16, will see now with 344.11.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I've noticed an interesting 'glitch' to do with the new GTX 970/980 not supporting CSAA any more (the only AA options in the control panel are 2x, 4x and 8x for MSAA). Basically, some old Codemasters' games such as DiRT 2, DiRT 3 and (the terrible) DiRT Showroom still have 8xQCSAA in their graphics options. If you select that on the GTX 980 then the next you load the game up you will get a black screen because CSAA is not supported. That obviously needs fixing in a future update so the 8xQCSAA does not show in those games' Graphics menus.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well I didnt see it yet now with 334.11 and I was @ skype web cam chatting before and listening to music like usually..

Guess 344.16 really isn't meant for older gpus, probably not so ideal for Maxwell either if you Darren got it, although not this specific nvidia .sys file.

Im gonna lower vccsa back to what I had before just in case to really eliminate voltage issue.

5. Zarich

Zarich Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GC 670
    so.. I went from the 337.50 to these and I hate them. For some reason games have gone from nice and crisp to hazy. Almost like some form of FXAA is turned on.. but it doesn't seem to be. It is pretty annoying.

6. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi rtx 2080ti trio

do you still have the gtx 670 like your profile says, or you have the new gtx900 series, if so then maybe you have DSR enabled and your games are going downsampled automatically, so that´s why your games look a little blurry.

7. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    Yeah, they ditched CSAA support for Maxwell chips. I should know, because I own a 1st gen Maxwell card.

Strangely enough, the only game that somehow has CSAA for me is Arkham Asylum (with 8xQ), and I can still select it and play just fine. Guess 8xQ by NVIDIA's definition works the same as normal 8x MSAA. All other CSAA-supported games like Arkham City, Black Ops II etc... don't show CSAA in the options though.

Then there was also this one time when NVCP showed 8xS AA instead of 8x, which according to some people, isn't an effective AA method because it breaks lighting. I wonder if that was the reason why my GTX 750 Ti has ****ed up texture rendering :bang:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  8. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    I am switching back to 344.11, too many people are having issues, even though I do have a 1st gen Maxwell card.

9. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
  10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    BIOS v2103? I updated to that on Saturday morning as well. Could that be the reason for the blue screen crash? I don't think I have the USB 3.0 boost software installed anymore as I uninstalled the whole Ai Suite 3 months ago after problems with it (weird errors in the Event log and the whole thing with the auto-overclocking thing from June 2013, etc).

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    If I leave Firefox open in the background while playing Diablo 3, I will almost certainly get a TDR during the session. Just now I had two within 4 seconds of each other.

I've tried both Firefox 32 & 33 and Geforce drivers 337.88, 340.52(72), and this one. This always happens.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    ^
    What if you raise memory specific voltages QPI/VTT a little?

Yes this bios..

Check your event viewer if you have any issues with indexing or other software conflicts. These ntsokrnel.exe specific stopped after I reinstalled x-fi (device manager), logitech cam sw, rebuild WMI, repaired system components (windows 8 manager - repair center), rebuild indexing and removed any Asus leftovers (services, folders, registry).

Also lowered this cpu system agent - Vccsa to what it was before I updated to newest bios and now that I downgraded to 344.11 I didnt see it yet, also played the same avp2010 later tonight as few days ago and no problems what so ever..

Im kinda suspecting 344.16 atm since this last bsod was nvidia specific for me.

13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    no probs with wolfenstein, will be getting gauntlet and watch dogs T-bone dlc tomorrow.

14. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    No issues here with 344.11. Dead Rising 3 have no crashes and seems smoother. Wolfenstien, Watch_Dogs and Sniper Elite 3 are running perfect as well. (among many others) I just hope my system can keep up with Shadows of Mordor in a week. :eek3:

15. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    Works like a charm and my cards overclock more as well :)

16. Mystic_Monkey

Mystic_Monkey Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR
    I cant get these to install, i run the setup and they install, but when i restart my Pc they revert back to standard vga drivers, while in add/remove programs say they are installed, i also had a bsod after a restart when trying to install the first time, I ran DDU to see if it was other drivers problems, but had the samething, I have never had this problem before with any drivers, using MSI twin frozr 560ti, cheers

17. YuKsS

YuKsS Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    hi guys, since i installed this drivers my pc freeze after windows boot, just cant move my mouse or kb, i did unistall the old one, then used driver sweeper in safe mode and eve update my audio driver just in case and nothing, i did try to avoid to install nvidia hd audio drivers and no luck, i also tried to manually install the lastets diretx 11 and nothing.. what should i do ?

18. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti Windforce
    Yea, there was a thread about this a while ago in this forum. Maxwell chips don't support CSAA.

19. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    If you have any over clock on the Gpu, set it to default, clean install again.If that does'nt work then IMO it's better to play it safe and skip this set and re-install the last stable driver for your system.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  20. YuKsS

YuKsS Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    hi thanks for you replay. i do have oc on my cpu, ram and gpu so is hard to tell which one is the one the cause the problem, so i guess i will start by doing that then the cpu and ram..