NVIDIA GeForce 344.11 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kens30, Sep 19, 2014.

1. jho9001

jho9001 Member

Much fewer crashes in Dead Rising 3 on my 780Ti... also when it crashes it always happens in the first minute, after that I never had one meaning that I can finally play this ****er.

2. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    so figured something out with the 4k downsampling on my card.

if I set windows resolution to 3840x2160, it will show the desktop for about 5 seconds, but then everything shrinks to the top of the screen.

but then I ran furmark and then switch the screen to 3840x2160 and it stayed showing the desktop.

I think the cards clocks are not letting it show 4k resolution correctly.

edit: tested more. when clocks are low, 4k resolution wont display on my system.

run a program that pushes the clocks up and 4k resolution works.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  3. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    I haven't crashed at all in Dead Rising 3 with these drivers.

4. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    I have diablo 3 but i can not find diablo3 in GFE to use Dynamic Super Resolution. Yes i have a gtx980.

5. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    @dsbig
    It should have more to do with your screen than your graphics card. I can do 4k downsampling @ 60Hz on a GTS 250 1GB without a single glitch. The only issue will be performance (the only game I tried that was running fine was portal (1) - fine enough I could even use gedosato to play at 8k with just a very rare stutter because of VRAM limitation). My 680 SLi also runs great @ 4k. That is when I'm using a ASUS VG278H screen.

Trying the same on a friend's Philips TV or on my 60Hz Samsung crap, 4k is either buggy on the TV (thin red line on the upper border sometimes, up to black screen) or not even working on the Samsung (2880x1620 is the maximum possible on it without issue).

Also, HDMI and VGA are limiting versus Dual link DVI and will prevent going high res at high refresh rates.

EDIT: I see it runs okay when your card's clocks are kicking. I don't have (and never had) such issue, that's strange.

6. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Ya I have RAR installed so I just extract the files and delete what I don't want then install.

7. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    These drivers are totally f**ked. They totally break Vision Surround. They don't appear to have any support for the feature other than clicking enable which doesn't work. I had to reinstall previous WHQL drivers. Way to go quality control dorks.

8. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
  9. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
  10. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi rtx 2080ti trio
    donĀ“t install it then, or wait until nvidia fix GFE or install an older version.

11. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 750Ti
    Thank God, not a drivers-core problem!

12. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Not had a chance to play with this yet due to work, anyone know if sli is working with Dead Rising 3?

13. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    Very quick!!! it like nvidia didn't release a driver for geforce for almost two months, and now i bet they gonna spree driver release :D. it might get official release on monday.

Can someone mod the inf?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  14. jonesmalaco

jonesmalaco New Member

GPU:
    nVida GeForce GTX 760 2GB

Well, at first I thought the new drivers have messed up SweetFX (or ENB), but it's not. It's GeForce Experience that's causing this. Uninstalling it did the trick. I've read people that rolled back to the last version (of drivers), and it didn't work.

I really hope that nVidia comes up with a solution to this... It's a mess.

Obviously (ENB is causing it)... But playing Skyrim without an ENB mod, with a good graphics card is like eating mac without cheese :smoke:

15. Yopfraise

Yopfraise Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Ext 1080ti
    Did a full reinstall of the 3rd parties. It seems something was broken with one of the C++ redistribuable.

Thanks for assistance :)

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    So these drivers are more miss than hit then hey? Dont think i will bother as 340.65 are working flawlessly for me.

17. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Are you sure the game didn't install its extremely outdated version of PhysX over the new install? It always does that to me on first run.

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Yes.

It was a clean install of the v344.11 drivers yesterday on my GTX 780 and PhysX is v9.14.0702, the same buggy version I reported a few weeks ago for Metro 2033 after I'd bought the Redux version (I wanted to compare them). The previous version of PhysX included with the v340.52 drivers works fine with the original Metro 2033 though.

19. jonesmalaco

jonesmalaco New Member

GPU:
    nVida GeForce GTX 760 2GB
    I think I'll roll back to the previous drivers too... Damn, and I thought only Skyrim was faulty. I'll try Metro 2033 also.

20. beezee

beezee Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    You do know you can export/import your Inspector settings and save changes as you go, right?

Export them when you have all your games settings in Inspector to your liking, save file as that date (i.e. 20/9/2014) then do a complete clean with either DDU or Nvidia's clean/fresh install, when installing new drivers. Then import your saved profiles.

All is back to your settings you like.