Nvidia GeForce 340.43 Beta Driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kens30, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Afterburner works fine for overclocking but you can't control your GPU fans with it, thats done on purpose by ASUS though. You can overclock your card with NVIDIA Inspector aswell but the GPU clock slider doesn't move automatically with the shader clock slider like it normally does. Again you can't control your fans with it.

It's definitely NVIDIA's fault, GPU Tweak was working just fine befine before the driver, I suspect ASUS ill have to fix it though.

As a work around though have been have been setting my OC profile with GPU Tweak, which sets my fans to 50% (my GPU clocks will get stuck at (P12) speeds though). I then apply my OC again but in Afterburner which unsticks the clocks and I end up with my GPU overclocked and my fans at 50%.

2. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I think 3 now. I just want the R343+ drivers, hoping to see some magic with those :D

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Wolfenstein TNO and Doom 1 are working with these drivers on my end.

4. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FW3 U
    Well this crap driver **** some games for me in BF4 i cant pass from loading game dont know what hapend there , everytime i run valley i get blue screen the report says i lost some DLLS files and watch dogs i just play for 3 mins and game crash after this driver all work normally i dont now how to fix it eny of you know how ?

5. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FW3 U
    Criysis 1,2,3 are fine bf3 fine skyrim fine 3dmark 11 and fire strike are fine to all run fine i rol back to 337.88 and still all the problems i mentioned

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    gonna try Quake4 mp and Doom3 sikkmod, brb

Edit: yeah both work ok here @ win8.1

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  7. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    do you still have the 580? if so afterburner should not be crippled by asus as my asus 560Ti works perfectly fine with afterburner, can't see a reason your 580 would be different

something tells me you have other issues preventing afterburner working

8. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I need information to look at a couple of Watch Dogs issues reported by customers please:

-Worse stutter in R340.43 driver compared to R337.88 driver
    1) GPU make and model. If running SLI, two-way? Three-way? Quad-SLI?
    2) Operating system
    3) Single player or multi-player?
    4) Screenshots of in game settings used if possible. If using a preset, just state the preset used
    5) Motherboard and CPU. If notebook, just state notebook model. If retail desktop PC, make and model.
    6) Pre or post recent Watch Dogs 6/19/2014 patch?
    7) Does this reproduce without the user mod?

-Worse performance after applying Watch Dogs 6/19/2014 patch
    1) GPU make and model. If running SLI, two-way? Three-way? Quad-SLI?
    2) Operating system
    3) Single player or multi-player?
    4) Screenshots of in game settings used if possible. If using a preset, just state the preset used
    5) Motherboard and CPU. If notebook, just state notebook model. If retail desktop PC, make and model.
    6) Are you running a user mod? If so does it reproduce without the mod?

9. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    Worse performance and stuttering like crazy with patch and beta drivers.

1) Evga GTX 770 4GB SC
    2) Windows 8.1.1 64-Bit
    3) Both Single and Multi
    4)http://i.imgur.com/jaK7Loy.jpg http://i.imgur.com/AtuEqeL.jpg
    5)Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H, Core i5 4670K, 8GB DDR3-1600
    6) No mods

Now before the patch I got these microstutters which really didn't mess me up while driving but now after patch I am stuttering/freezing(2 secs) while driving fast and I also noticed my FPS is lower as well. I'm actually rolling back to 337.88 right now and will test watch dogs again.

still stuttering and gets unplayable when driving fast with 337.88 so the patch did something for sure.

10. RyuKeN

RyuKeN Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce TITAN
    Thanks ManuelG

Worse performance after applying Watch Dogs 6/19/2014 patch

1) 1 EVGA TITAN
    2) Windows 8.1 64bits
    3) Single player
    4) All ultra without Vsync + frame GPU max 1 + msaa 4x or msaa 2x ( same that ToyTen)
    5) Msi Z87 gd65 gaming with last bios 1.10 + 4770K 4.0ghz + 16go
    6) without mod and new patch heavy stutters, with theWorse Mod runs better with some stutters but playable except when i driving.

11. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Suprim X
    1) Asus Titan 2 way sli
    2) Win 8.1
    3) SP
    4)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    5) Asus Rampage 4 extreme/I7 4960x
    6) pre patch
    7) i have to install the 340.43 drivers remove the mod so i can answer this question... using 0.7 TW's mod actually, no sweetfx, normal xml file.

Rq: I have a surround active but playing as shown @1200p

12. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Dont know where post it but CUDA is disabled in every app with this drives
    because windows instaled the intel hd 4000 drivers
    when i uninstall intel drivers there left microsoft display adapter
    and every app detect that instead my gpu WHY?
    how to fix that?

tryed ddu for intel and nvidia
    xilisoft / freemake

For manualG its detect ok cuda 6.0.1 with 337.88 drivers so its new cuda drivers problem
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  13. Turbo Brian

Turbo Brian New Member

GPU:
    980ti SLI
    BF4 crashed on me with some DirectX error the other day after a couple hours of continuous play. never seen it before and didnt think to grab a screenshot. normally if bf4 crashes, its bf4.exe that causes the problem and its been a long while since ive had one of those.

watchdogs stutters way more with these. just went back to 337.88 and much better though not perfect by any means.

-Worse stutter in R340.43 driver compared to R337.88 driver
    1) GPU make and model. Gigabyte 780Ti SLI, stutters bad with SLI on or off
    2) Operating system 8.1x64
    3) Single player or multi-player? single
    4) Screenshots of in game settings used if possible. If using a preset, just state the preset used Ultra with textures changed to high. SMAA
    5) Motherboard and CPU. 4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Ed.
    6) Pre or post recent Watch Dogs 6/19/2014 patch? Both but is def worse post patch
    7) Does this reproduce without the user mod? 340.43 stutters horribly with or without the mod. 337.88 runs better with the mod vs without and even without is better than 340.43.

14. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Suprim X
    sorry i am out of this since i don't use the 337.88 set. Im on 337.91 which in deed are the best for me.

glorious me :nerd:

15. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    1) GTX 780Ti in 2 way SLi (also stutters when using a single GPU) Driver version 340.43, Same performance with the last WHQL Driver release.
    2) Windows 8.1 64Bit.
    3) Both single player and multiplayer.
    4) 1920x1080, 120hz, Fullscreen, Vsync 1 Frame Ultra Textures, Temporal SMAA, Max pre rendered frames 3, Ultra preset with HBAO+ enabled.
    5) EVGA X58 SLi, Core i7 980X, 12GB RAM.
    6) Running the vanilla game with the latest patch.

16. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Same performance pre-and-post patch. Stuttering..

1. MSI GTX 680 Twin Frozr - Two way SLI
    2. Windows 8.1 64Bit
    3. Single
    4. High Texture (even some on medium textures) (MSAA 2X) / Ultra / High Graphics quality preset
    5. Asus P8Z68 Deluxe / I7 2600k (HT ON)
    6. No user mod

17. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    I will make it easier on you. Take 99% of all setups, those are the ones you need to figure out the problem on. ;) Your drivers can only do so much, the game is utterly broken and Ubisoft are playing dumb and pretending they did not release a broken product.

They had to see this issue throughout the development process on the vast majority of their testing setups, yet they did nothing then, and are probably lying saying that they will do something now.

18. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    I'm getting artifacts with these and 337.88 in valley and aion, didn't try alot of games... diablo 3 is ok,crysis 3 ok ,watchdogs is ok. But valley and aion make some white poligon artifacts. Anyone else gets them? Hope its nothing wrong with my card. It happens with and without overclock.

edit: Firestrike is also without artefacts. But heaven has white/black lines mostly at the tesselated dragon.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    ^
    Congratz :nerd:

btw Vally is known bug on GK110 since 337.6x+, apparently 337.50 isnt affected.

Looks like Aion is GK110 specific too, I saw 1-2 users reporting one MMO missing spell fx and stuff.
    Heaven hm i would say that's probably another driver bug, I've seen it 1-2 times by COD Ghosts - rock walls, minimal only if I went really close and not by all angles.

20. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT

Ty :D, i hope its the drivers, didn't try 337.50 yet and i'm too lazy to do so tonight but i'll try tomorrow. 337.50 are the lowest drivers that still have shader caching right?