Nvidia GeForce 340.43 Beta Driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kens30, Jun 17, 2014.

1. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    don't come back crying :nerd:

kidding aside, if you only play new, triple AAA games, then both camps are good.

If you enjoy playing older games and have lots of gpu control over them, I find AMD still lacking there.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  2. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    After a string of issues with my GTX780ti and the 337.88 and 337.90 drivers that I thought was a hardware fault.

When running Adrenaline Action Benchmark Tool, I'd get 9 times out of 10 a "driver stopped responding" error in Bioshock Infinite, dropping back to 337.50 don't have a issue.

Like a few others I get the Valley problem, not there with 337.50.

Playing The Walking Dead 1 & 2 with 337.88/90 I'd get a black screen for 2 seconds (screen was on you could see the backlight bleed), and the game would keep running.

Heck even Kombuster just froze on the screen with 337.88/90, but I was able to Alt-tab out and force quit, Did not happen in 337.50.

Yet a run of Metro Last Light, Firestrike Demo, Heaven all looped for 2 hours each maxed settings produced no crashing, no artifacts and no driver stopped responding errors.
    This was all with a 150Mhz GPU and 100Mhz VRAM overclock. (all 3 latest drivers)

I've been getting strange and inconsistent frame rates with 337.88/90, where 337.50 were very consistent to 2 -3 FPS.

I've actually though I had a faulty card and was about to return this one and swap for a different brand GTX780ti.

After reading this thread mainly it seems I'm not the only one suffering from problems.
    I've only just installed 340.43 and have yet to thoroughly test them (besides checking Valley)

Did something change drastically in the latest set of drivers to compete with mantle or something, I've never come across such instability in nvidia drivers as bad as this ever. (And I've only owned Nvidia besides 1 bad run with a Radeon 5870).

Been scratching my head for a week now.

3. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    this new drivers requaer to downclock your overclick by 5 mhz so wont gain any gain that nvidia promise

do you have non oc version?

i have oc version i can get max 1280 mhz

4. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti
    Woohoo, Average 4 FPS increase in Novabench, will test Firestrike now....

5. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Tested these drivers yesterday, I'm keeping them, on balance they're just a little faster than the previous whql.

Here are the results of the game benchmarks I've tested vs the previous whql driver:
    Metro Last Light: +2%
    Batman Arkham City: +2%
    Batman Arkham Origins: +2%
    Tomb Raider: no change
    Bioshock Infinite: no change
    F1 2012: - 4% (that's a minus sign there in case you didn't spot it!)
    Grid 2: no change
    3DMark11: no change
    3DMark Firestrike: no change in GPU score, but 2% decrease in CPU score

Titanfall also tested (no benchmark), and it could just be me but it seemed that fps was smoother in the 'Colony' map which is where I used to have the greatest slowdowns - wasn't able to perceive any noticeable slow downs this time around.

(Fixes the 3DMark Sky Diver benchmark black screen problems by the way for me).

6. BigDaddy0790

BigDaddy0790 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti Palit 3gb SLI
    So does SLI work properly in BFH now? I felt like it didn't give me a SLI-like performance before.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Yea, after seeing E3 demos and playing Watch Dogs and other games BF4/BFH looks slightly dated. I used default Ultra settings with 4xMSAA.

It should since a BFH profile was added to this release.

8. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti
    GTA 4
    Prev Average FPS - 25
    340.43 - 39.40 fps

Every Game of mine runs better with these gotta stick with these

:infinity::pc1::puke2::puke2::)

9. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    This set totally breaks Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D v2.2 causing the terrain the render with missing triangles.

Will we ever see some support for this application from nVidia?

Top down view showing missing terrain... there are muliple reports of this issue.
    [​IMG]

10. ze1t

ze1t Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    Stutter in BF3.

11. kurtextrem

kurtextrem Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Funny how they should have added the profile, but my NVIDIA driver still decides to let BF:H run on my Intel graphics card, lol. Had to manually set it to the NVIDIA GPU (not that this is time consuming... but whatever)

12. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    I have the same problem with Asus GPU Tweak.

[​IMG]

13. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    These break Guild Wars 2. Had wierd shadow versions of everything on the screen after installing, now the game instantly freezes. Back to WHQL.

14. wisebear

wisebear Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Duke
    I can confirm these 'breaking' Guild Wars 2. Not the game per se, but rather where in the chain is the (NCP forced) ambient occlusion applied. Now it's on top of the UI.
    No freezes though and performance is on par with the previous drivers.

15. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    This doesn't fix the problem.

Problem stay's after a reinstall of Asus GPU Tweak.

Its a nvidia driver problem.

[​IMG]

16. Hyadum

Hyadum Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS Tuf 3080 10GB
    Alright tried these on Bf4 and Bf3. It seems to have fixed the stutter problem I was having on bf4 but now it's present on bf3 especially when I die, when I open the minimap with M and sometimes when I scope in. If any of you use SweetFX the stutter I'm having is like the hiccup the game makes when you enable or disable sweetFX. Gonna keep testing a little more now on both games to see if I can improve it somehow.

17. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Yes its working good , all maxed out and smooth game play , However i've ran firestrike many times with these drivers and compared to the last ones i'm getting about 200 less points every time , cpu physics remain the same.

18. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti
    Looks like NVidia is encouraging people without SLi to sell the house and live on roads to buy their product. TITANZ can play any game at 4k but you have to buy it for 3k......

3K FOR 4K GAMING :)

19. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Dual 780 ti its same even dual titan black is 100% same and cheaper

20. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    ^ Disable shader cache