Nvidia GeForce 337.50 BETA - Discussion & Download

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 5, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ah, thanks mate. Will give it a go tomorrow afternoon.

2. Terepin

Terepin Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070 Ti
    TressFX in Tomb Raider doesn't cause framedrops anymore. At least I didn't see any.

3. alexrose1uk

alexrose1uk Active Member

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+ 4GB@1150/1500
    So far I'm a little underwhelmed.
    I had 335.23 and have moved to 337.50

I've only tested 3DMark 11 and Sleeping Dogs across both configurations, but so far my results are so:

Before (335.23)
    3DMark11 P9877
    Sleeping Dogs 48.9 Av/71 Max/29.9 Min (Benchmark, 1920x1080, Extreme)

After (337.50)
    3DMark11 P9921
    Sleeping Dogs 49.1 Av/68.5 Max/30 Min

This is with a driver uninstall and clean driver install in between. I'm running a GTX 670 MSI Power Edition...and well, not much of a change so far, certainly no 20% extra in Sleeping Dogs so far...

4. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    The development of a driver takes a lot of time and much more you optimize so expensive it is. If you are looking at the different performance charts, so you can see how much different hardware configurations (operating systems) are possible and how much they differ in the results . Of course, pressure is greater if the competitor has a projection as its own product, but that's the market and not just here.

Besides, you can really be happy to get so much support from Nvidia. Alone in this thread we get Support from two NVIDIA Reps (ManuelG, AndyB) and a Developer (pjn) who told us somthing about the new feature "Shader Cache" in the NVCP. Please show me an AMD thread in this forum where one has a comparable support.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I only knew that it has something to do with virtualization, because I can not reproduce it.

Geforce 337.10 DL
    Geforce 337.12 DL

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014

5. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    No probs at all, im going to try later with OC CPU and GPU and then with 5040x1050( i expect less gains as that should be completely gpu bound ). Fun times trying these :)

6. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Performance in COD:Ghosts when looking at the dog is better too. I even manage to keep 60fps in places where the wolves or dogs are in the scene. Was unplayable for me earlier.
    These are some cool drivers and awesome nVidia experience update as well.
    Does anyone know how to disable Experience at start-up?

7. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    http://postimg.org/image/5sigeohof/full/

Sometimes are some areas when sometimes drops from 60, to 57-56, but turning the environment to high, tanks all the areas of the game to 60fps. Expecting in the whql more improvements.

8. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Banned

GPU:
    EVGA780ACXSCMSI780GMSI680
    This driver is nice. Even in directx 9 you have to remember it is an OS tweak any OS tweak (certain registry keys shall we say) are like processor upgrades(if the os is processing faster in fewer stacks of machine code then its running as if the processor is faster). Therefore an api update is an OS update is a CPU upgrade reducing the overhead and strain on the CPU allowing it to feed the GPUs harder and faster(in DX11) but also giving a small performance boost to all games and freeing the GPU being tethered to the CPU and reducing the cpu load(the engine of the whole pc) thereby making the movement(and often physics of the game) feel freer and faster as if the game was now a generation old like a cheap watch that doesnt feel heavy like a nice one tinkertoying of games much like the Win 8 dx upgrade and also again with win 8.1. Even tho I'm not getting anymore frames over my nvidia inspector 335.23 Borderlands 2 setup the loot flies out of the characters faster and the movement aim everything are much quicker smoother lighter and seamless. This is a nice update indeed. What it does with Crysis 3 is breathtaking I was owning everyone the firerate of the weapons increases even. It was easy to beat them so I eventually sat back and let them win the last few rounds because it was too easy to win. Feels like lead lag shoes have been taken off all my FPS Player Characters. Explosions, particles, blooms, lights, all effects, waterfalls flow more like running water are all enhanced by the low latency immediacy of these drivers. These have been enhanced in so many ways. After all the tiny tweaks i have learned over years to make tiny differences in speed of my OS this one is fairly large and easily noticeable. I will still have friends that say they see nothing. Just like audiophile is a myth and you can't trust your eyes or ears or any of your senses all that maters is what a meter says(because they are more sensitive and interpret data the only way it can be interpreted). LOL

7 Frames is not that many more frames what you guys are seeing is an increase in game movement speed and everything handled processor side thats what is impressing you with this drivers speed. FPS does not mean everything infact its probably only half of what allows you to kick ass in games when you got your stuff tweaked good.

9. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    Just thought I would say that the shader Cache option noticably speeds up portions of game loading. Very cool.

10. ze1t

ze1t Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    I have considerable frame rate increase in AC4 (6-7FPS) if I set Texture Filtering in NVCP to Quality from HQ. Haven't seen this behavior in any other game.

11. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI

windows 8.1 64 bit :banana:

12. jacobsson

jacobsson New Member

GPU:
    eGPU GTX670 DirectCU mini
    Win7 core unparking

to be honest though, only difference I've seen is how poorly win7 handles the core-parking, meaning it randomly parks cores left and right and therfore perform worse.

This is easily fixed by unparking all cores in regedit + there is a hotfix from M$ too. I can't link anything since this is my first post here.

I'm only saying this since there is more people out there that really want to keep their beloved Win7 :)

13. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    tried out a few older games last night and i saw some general improvement, although nothing huge

i only played a few games for world of tanks so i havent played many maps, but the game has a terrible singlethreaded engine. in WoT i was able to maintain a nearly constant 60 FPS when its usually ~50. at times it would even bottom into the 30s before in heavy fights in towns. the lowest min i noticed was 50 FPS with these. i need to play more games to play on more maps but WoT seems to have benefited.

i recently started a new play-through of fallout new vegas since a new mod caught my eye. with a bunch of texture mods and ENB there were points where it would start to chug a bit a few nights ago with the last WHQLs. it will still hitch for a second as new terrain lod loads, but min FPS are up a good amount. a few specific spots would even get into the mid 30s with some chop before and now are over 40 and much smoother.

not much to go on yet, but im going to try more games out later. nice set of drivers for me so far

14. johnmambo

johnmambo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
    That driver is performing GREAT. Tested in BF4, Titanfall and WoW. All running great. (better than the last WHQL)

15. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Put these are your launch options (Origin, Titanfall Game Properties):

"-novid +m_rawinput 1 -noborder -windowed" (without the " ")

Turn off v sync from NVCPL and turn it on in game.

You should have 60 (capped) fps with no input lag.

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    No input lag with V-Sync..

Not..

17. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Testing some more games at win7 64 bit. Cores was already unparked and i have nice sli inprovements. BF4 gains masive min fps 20-30 fps

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Bf3 had some weird jitter, started after 20min or so.. It went away when I disabled ingame postAA, had it at low.. Now using only MSAA.

Also now it detects proper 60.00Hz, idk is it driver or DVI connection or both.

And speaking of cleaning temp folder, ccleaner is smart enough and you can exclude that nvcache folder.

[​IMG]
    [Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/eGquUFX.png)

19. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    Why? I have just used c cleaner and my NV cache is still there

20. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    @-Tj-: Any better performance for 3DMark 06??