Nvidia GeForce 337.50 BETA - Discussion & Download

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Okay AC4:BF maxed out at 1080p on my 2500k/780 system

Driver version:334.76
    2014-04-07 18:04:01 - AC4BFSP
    Frames: 4475 - Time: 91282ms - Avg: 49.024 - Min: 40 - Max: 61

Driver version:337.50
    2014-04-07 18:17:19 - AC4BFSP
    Frames: 6471 - Time: 118703ms - Avg: 54.514 - Min: 42 - Max: 63

Gained 2FPS max and min but 5.5 FPS average. noticed my core 0 was not pegged at 100% the entire time and the GPU stayed above 90% about 90% of the time. There are still some hiccups but if i drop the AA down a bit (at TXAA x4 now) I think I can get a solid 60 v-synced. I like these drivers.

Need to try them on the main rig.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    So, does anyone here play WoW? Interested to know how this driver does in that particular CPU bound game.

3. nick0323

nick0323 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX970 Jetstream OC
    Loaded GTA IV: TBoGT and my minimum FPS went from 21 to 45 in a particular mission. Epic. But now I can't blame Rockstar for a crappy port =(

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    dont you have the game? and no I do not play wow, this is an enthusiest forum man:)

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Swtor

Sadly dont seem benfit from the shader cache setting.

The 3 second freeze of (swtor) is gone with frame limiter enabled (NVinspector) this was really only game I frame limit. Swtor usage is still all over the place in WZ/16man ops usage can drop to 8% and even seen it drop to 0% ( like i was seeing with 334-335 driver where it was 0% game froze for 3 seconds while rest of system ran fine) though I think this 0% that randomly still happens is just the bad engine code. as i never really kept an eye on gpu's usage in the game more specifically if it was dropping to 0%

This was tested with Windowed Fullscreen with and with out frame limiting (nvinspector) or just forced in game Vsync the random 0% usage was there at some point under all the setting.

AO Bug
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...-driver-feedback-thread/post/4168795/#4168795

Is still there around edges of characters ALL though the problem of your character silhouette appearing threw the load splash screen with AO on seem to be fixed, but that actual in game AO still has the shadowy black around characters AO is on.

Skyrim

Still plays nice Vsync+AO+16AF+FXAA+1080p is still smooth as butter @ 60fps other then the random studder it always had normal about 99 usage with lil dips to 70 usage or lower usual coincide with the studder.

on side note's

PCSX2 with GSDX DX11 still cause random games to zoom in and out at random. Sadly i dont see this being fixed cause of nvidia's stance on emulators. ( this is not present 320.xx or earlier drivers)

Installer (compatibility check) is good 100% slower on that check compared to 331.82 the actual uninstall process is slower too. but nothing as long as some people report.

Provding nothing happens in the next few days to make me go back to 331.82 I will keep these, and will be looking forward to the WHQL I normal dont use beta drivers ever but the 337.50 beta are first drivers to have nvinspector frame limit+vysnc bug (tearing) fixed that didnt cause 3 seconds of freezing (0% gpu usage ) in swtor which the main game i play other then the random skyrim

6. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK

Hey, Meltchett how are you getting along with Titanfall and this driver set ?

I've tried the new shader option on and off and Titanfall defo suffers on this driver. Or at least for me it does.

I know Titanfall is causing a lot of stutter for many people irrespective of their system, it was something I never experienced much but did occasionally. Now with this driver it's worse. It's not stutter in the normal sense but more like delays in the animations when wall running etc.
    Eg: when double jumping and landing near the top of a wall, tapping space again to hang and pull up is out of synch; sort of a delayed feeling.

I'm going to try a roll back and see.
    Titanfall is my main staple ATM so any other gain from this driver isn't relevant to me for the time being.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Yes, I have the game, otherwise I wouldn't be asking about it. I'm just not a fan of playing musical drivers anymore. I put a lot of work into getting things working properly with the last 2 drivers in WoW.

8. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    Been doing some tests with FF14.

So before this I used 2x-4x SGSSAA with my rig you can see on the tag. I averaged somewhere around 40-60 and this was determined by how many people were running about usually it seemed. I'd say the technical average for 2x was around 55-60 in most areas plus you can use shadow cascading on high if you please. 4x SGSSAA was bottoming out no matter what I did. Even with Occlusion and Shadow Cascading on normal I was dropping to about 43-48 so regularly that it wasn't worth it. But now it is MUCH more tolerable!

You CAN turn shadow cascading down to normal. This hurts some things like environment shadows but improves some of the horrid shadow LODs in the game by taking them out. Most people don't use HDR in the game as it hogs frames and shows basically no improvement in anything that I can see. The last major option to change is prolly occlusion. That one surely saves frames but can introduce some judder.

I list all these things as those are the major options you have to work with without killing the world. SSAO is always on normal not high as it looks just fine to me. This is coming from 1080p also.

Now, getting into the frames.... I can FINALLY use 4xSGSSAA with shadow cascading on Normal and Occlusion mapping on. It FINALLY is getting closer to 60FPS solid or about 56-60FPS in a lot of areas with drops to low 50s and some high 40s. Of course certain vistas and masses of transparency have problems but at this point this is almost fully a 1GB RAM limitation of 32 bit nonsense. They would do well to get that DX11 patch out soon no matter if it a little buggy. At any rate my average has definitely went up a bit.

I don't know about you guys, and I AM taking a break from FF14 thank god, but when they patch in DX11 that game is easily going to be the best looking MMO out there and it will also run like butter me thinks.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  9. MAIAL

MAIAL Active Member

GPU:
    780GTX SLI @1280/7300MHz
    780 OC SLI

SleepingDogs, Maxed , Extreme AA, 1440p

min 48fps

avg 84fps

min 54fps + 13%

avg 88fps + 5%

10. Fedorov

Fedorov Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChill GTX-1070 X4
    Not a fan of benchmarks personally, I go by how smooth my gameplay feels on Battlefield4.

I've already gone back to the 335 whql set as while these new drivers run smooth and possibly faster on my 770 card the image quality is awful and the graphical glitches pretty bad, horrible bright flashes when inside the aircraft carriers, sometimes seeing through the walls, bright areas too bright.

335 are perfect for image quality and butter smooth gameplay on BF4 with hardly any glitches or issues to report.

I'll try the 337 series once they've had a few builds out.

11. octiceps

octiceps Banned

GPU:
    GeForce GT 650M SLI
    @pjn:

I empty out the contents of my %TEMP% folder on a regular basis as part of my regular system maintenance routine. Is it safe to delete the Shader Cache folder along with all the other temp files or should I leave it alone? It will automatically get recreated at next reboot or when I run a game, right? Is there any risk to deleting it other than that games will load slower before the shaders get cached again?

12. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Nfs most wanted 337.50

Oh my GOOD God.

This game is finally fixed in camp green.

5760x1080 using GTX780 SLI and its super smooth with NO tearing.

Its locked at 60fps but its really, really smooth. Will try running 3D later.

Pros:
    1. No screen tearing
    2. constant 60fps
    3. No need to force it into 30fps mode
    4. SUPER, SUPER SMOOTH
    5. You get chased by the cops

Cons:

1. You still need to turn off SUPER-SAMPLING (who cares)
    2. Looks better with NO blur effects (not a driver issue)

That's it. I've been missing this game since moving back to Nvidia as it ran perfect under AMD 2x7970.

Really pleased. More pleased than my BF4 fps hitting 197fps in 1920x1080.

Try it guys, really runs well.

Woo hoo

BTW, 3D is crap. Nevermind

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  13. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Arma3 337.50

Total waste of my time.

I don't think this game will ever run smooth to our high standards.

Shame.

Anyway, i'm still getting lag while flying Helli's. GPU not running 99% in SLI.

Total ****.

Sorry.

14. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Bf4 337.50

NICE.

1920x1080

Runs really well FULLY MAXED in 1920x1080 120hz

Runs really well in MP

I hit 197fps in some parts
    99% usage in both GPU

5760x1080

Runs well, 65-90fps in SLI
    99% usage in both GPU

Nice, just a crap game.

Peace.

15. MAIAL

MAIAL Active Member

GPU:
    780GTX SLI @1280/7300MHz
    780 OC SLI

Grid 2, MAXED, AAQ16x, 1440p

min 114fps

avg 137fps

min 120fps

avg 144fps

16. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    can you post with one card what fps diffrence?

17. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    I have successfully moved my cache folder to RAMdisk, I used symlinker to create a symbolic folder link.

[​IMG]

What I did was:

1) Started up RAMdisk and created a 256mb virtual drive (NV CACHE).

2) Created a new folder called "NVIDIA Corporation" in the new drive.

3) I had to delete the original "NVIDIA Corporation" folder but as it was in use by explorer I had to close in down in task manager.

4) To delete the folder I right clicked the now blank desktop and opened up task manger and clicked on "Run new task", I then navigated to original folder and deleted it.

5) I then navigated to the symlinker program and started it up and created the symbolic link, you can see what settings I used in the picture.

6) Once that was done I started the explorer process again (still with task manager) and then watched as the "NV_Cache" folder was created on the virtual drive and it filled up with cached files.

I played Bioshock Infinite with it for about 20 minutes without a problem but I did have a problem with speed fan hough, It hanged for a few minutes after I started it while it scanned my computer, I assume it was having a problem scanning the virtual drive.

There is probably a better way to o it but it worked for me.

18. aayman_farzand

aayman_farzand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Surprised no one mentioned the massive improvements in Titanfall. Still no SLI though.

19. Guy.J.

Guy.J. Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 560
    You need a special program to make a RAM drive, right? Any decent free ones?

Mind you, if Superfetch is worth anything it'll be keeping them in RAM anyway won't it?

20. chrishathaway

chrishathaway Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 @ 1105/1645
    MY GTX670 is very happy with these drivers.

BF4 upgraded from High settings to Ultra and I still have a FPS gain!

About time there was a nVidia driver to shout about! :)