Nvidia GeForce 337.50 BETA - Discussion & Download

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 5, 2014.

1. dethavin

dethavin New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GEFORCE GTX 770 4gig
    Well I am noticing zero gain at all in Total War Rome 2 but AC4 is running flawless now, still have yet to see anyone else remark about Rome 2, still pretty interested to see how others are doing with this new patch in Rome 2.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I saw a huge 20fps boost in Hitman Aboslution by min, avg, max .
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4796119&postcount=450

Imo its working just fine on i7 when not gpu limited. ;)

There are few exceptions though, so far only RedFaction Armageddon (dx11 game), still has gpu usage drops.

Are you using it for all temp files or just specific, and can I specifically use it only for nvcache?

Well I remember having this temp folder on ram drive, but then I installed some game patches (COD5 waw) and I ran out of temp space.. Later used only for firefox.
    Now with SSD I dont notice any real difference if its on ssd or ramdisk.. But I would like to try it again, have ~ 8gb doing nothing most of the time :grin:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  3. Scarlettimmy

Scarlettimmy Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 770 2 GB
    Looks like the key is in GPU usage. Keep an eye on your GPU usage. If its near 95-99% you won't get any increase ever with the same settings.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I've just downloaded and reinstalled the standalone GFExperience app and I'm still getting a neverending "Checking for updates" message on starting it. I even adding an exception to the Firewall and set the app to Run as Admin to no avail. Previous versions worked fine so why isn't this one. Is there any way to manual disable the update check? Seems absurd to not be able to access an app because it is checking for updates...why doesn't it time out after a minute or something?

5. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    So far testing seems to indicate that shader cache being on hurts Titanfall performance, with it left on earlier i was having terrible drops to the teens, with it off back to normal performance (never dropping under 40). I say so far because, I've yet to get back to the map that had the teen drops is pot luck (it was smuggler's cove) so i can see if it has the same drops in the same places.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Would seem the 3 second freezing (0% gpu usage) of games with nvinspector framelimit ( while rest of windows worked just fine) is fixed

I do see it drop to 0% for micro second, but this ints really noticeable to me and if it does still happen is far less frequent.

So i will keep these drivers for now unless i find out that 3 second freeze start up again.

I am also assuming Shader Cache On/Off is the DX optimize? which can be turned on and off

7. pjn

pjn Member

GPU:
    Titan Z Black
    Hmm, I wonder how much I can go into this ;)

Reduction in compilation time can be seen during the initial loading of shaders, yes. Shaders compiled during the runtime of the application will also significantly improve their compilation time. The implications would vary by application and the platform you're running on.

8. Yecnot

Yecnot Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 270 2GB
    Hey, could you mind elaborating on this, or make a tutorial?

What ramdisk program do you use?

(I don't know what Mlink commands are, but I'm proficient I guess with dos)

9. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Ha, now it becomes funny. When trying to downgrade to 335.23 on the secondary rig, windows crashed. After reboot the Nvidia CP says I have 335.23 installed, but the system detail page shows that all loaded files are actually from 337.50, except the CUDA driver. Needless to say, SLI works again.

10. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Loving these drivers.

Before with the 335.23 drivers BF4 crashed almost every match.
    With these drivers... I just played almost 2 hours zero crashes (like before 335.23), with improved performance. Feels snappier. Definitely better drivers!!!

My 3DMark Icestorm score also went up by enough :p

Thank you NVIDIA :)

GG

11. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Whole temp folder. Honestly I don't know if you can only move the cache folder since apparently it looks for the temp environment variable. I don't think you can. Maybe you can using the MKLINK command as harkinsteven explained.

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super

Another question, please: if game gets update (and shaders are updated) should we take special steps like toggling setting off-on for that specific game to clear the game`s cache?

Edit: However I assume you should use some hash calculated on shader`s text to lookup its compiled body in cache. And in that case new shaders should go to the cache automatically.

13. pjn

pjn Member

GPU:
    Titan Z Black
    No user interaction needed, the cache will manage itself when you update drivers, update your gpu, update a game etc.

14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    Thank you.

Edit: Do you plan to give setting for a maximum cache size? May be through several policies to choose.

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti

16. EvoHavok

EvoHavok Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 770M 3 GB
    The performance increase in my case is negligible, but they fixed the v-sync issues I had and brought Shadowplay for laptops :).

17. PinchedNerve

PinchedNerve Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte AORUS 1080 Ti XE
    This is kind of funny that people are so focused on Mantle. AMD had to write a new API to increase its cards capabilities to compete with Nvidia in most games. Nvidia adds some DX optimizations on current tech and they get grief because its gains were not equal to AMD's Mantle?

How many Mantle vs DX games are there btw?

While it seems we can thank AMD for lighting a fire under MS and Nvidia ass thanks to Mantle, I think people need to be more realistic here. What's the likelihood "Mantle" will be widely adopted number one with MS now in the game, and number 2, how many current games are likely to get a "Mantle patch"?

Edit: Also it seems a lot of people have completely forgotten about AMD's frame pacing issue a year ago. They need their own API because their drivers have a history of being poor.

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Don't forget that AMD woke them up..After mantle Microsoft announced Dx12 and nVidia made this driver.Also, many games will support Mantle.I think Mantle will stay alive untill developers use the new DX12 API.

Universal API(DX12) > Mantle(AMD only API).

19. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    strange simularity to the mantle problem..
    i have color banding in dark areas in BF4 now. (operation Locker).
    also teh gamma seems wrong. its not black anymore. its greyish..

wasnt like that with teh previous driver..

20. johnmambo

johnmambo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
    Driver runs fine here, tested BF4 and Titanfall.