Nvidia GeForce 335.23 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    TJ i wanna ask you something.If i want to use negative LoD bias via Inspector(-1 for example) do i have to set the texture filtering to allow or it doesn't matter ? Because nVidia says that if you use AF it is better to set clamp instead of allow.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Yes allow, I started to use this LOD more recently to sharpen FXAA blurring on textures

Before I always clamped, but now I see there is almost no difference with 16x AF, except better overall texture detail - especially further in the distance. Ok, the only thing that maybe worse is more aliased image - edges.
    Usually its enough at -0.5 or -1.0, depending on the game.:)

lol apparently its broken on both Fermi & Kepler anyway (clamping), mentioned in release notes

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  3. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    Lol, that's why i didn't notice any difference between clamp and allow..

4. Astug

Astug Active Member

GPU:
    2070 SUPER
    You could, as long as your rig can handle it.

5. vrhett

vrhett Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2GB GDDR5
    Anyone tried in BF4 the previous 332.21 vs this release? Any performance or stability issues?

6. vrhett

vrhett Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2GB GDDR5
    I have a 680, 660ti and a 650ti boost under 332.21 drivers. From the driver release notes, I don't see anything that may point to an upgrade in stability or performance for Battlefield 4. Not sure if there are any gains at all.

7. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    [​IMG]

8. MADman

MADman Member

GPU:
    2-WAY Asus GTX TITAN SLI
    The problem got even worse for me. When I play games using surround and activate "Full window mode" ingame (for example WoW or MWO), then if I launch another program, it sometimes happen that my game window gets squished completely to the left screen. This of course corrups the game GUI, because 5760x1080 has now to be displayed on 1920x1080 :bang:.

To solve this I either have to close the game then and restart it or get lucky and find the graphics options in the corruped view to switch to Fullscreen.
    To prevent this I have to switch all games to Full Screen mode :bang:.

This always happens for me if I launch a program that triggers UAC, but also on other events which I was not able to clearly determine until now.

The nVidia drivers got worse with every version since nearly a year now. I'm starting to watch AMD driver error reports to get an idea if I better switch to AMD the next time, the nVidia drivers really suck as hell atm :bang:

9. writer21

writer21 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA SC ACX 780 sli 3gb
    Someone should ask them why this game uses so much damn vram even on high. I'm hitting over 2000mb with everything on high and 4xmsaa @ 1080p.

10. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Good drivers. Work perfectly fine for me!

11. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    Texture streaming hiccups are because you're using Ultra Textures with 1.5GB of VRAM.

Those Thread.ProcessorCount commands are snake oil and are reported to cause stuttering.

No need to set RenderAhead in both config and driver. The driver will override the config unless you use "Use Application Preference", in which case it uses the config value.

12. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Last few drivers keep giving me all this red stuff on the screen, only JC2 seems to be affected

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (reduced from 1920x1080)
    FPS also drops to single numbers

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    And yet it streams perfect with 331.87 @ Ultra textures.. :)

14. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX3.0
    The only red stuff I can notice is the target crosshair/indicator and that's normal. Its just indicates that you can damage what the crosshair is covering.

15. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    colour blind?

i can see it perfectly all down the left of the screen in first pic second its a downward pointing triangle down the middle

16. SaiBork

SaiBork Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G
    Erm, I also see no problems in any of the screens...

17. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    The dark red regions in upper left corner above the railing - first two pics, and above falling man - third pic. Very subtle, almost black.

Edit: Overall these dark regions look like buggy shadows.

Edit2: Probably guys which failed to see red have either too high contrast setting or too low color saturation setting.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  18. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    I dont know how they're not seeing it.

I mean it look like a big red wall on the left side of the screen. how they not see that.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Played for two hours yesterday (at stock clocks though) and it was stable. But the game is really terrible to play. So often get killed by guys that are far away or behind several walls or corners.

20. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    Something weird is going on with this driver, I'd not encountered this problem with the previous drivers. Sometimes, when I'm surfing the net, or just idling with desktop, the fan on my primary card would spin very loudly, and I get a hard lock with the screen freezing in desktop or whatever that happened to be on at the time. Really quite random, but percentage of this happening is rather high....like 3-4 times out of 10. Ugh, if this continues, I'll drop back to the previous driver....

Obviously , this isn't with the rig in my profile, my 2nd rig has an FX8350 (stock), Asus CVF, 16GB RAM, 2x GTX670 SLi, HX1050 PSU.