Nvidia GeForce 334.89 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Feb 18, 2014.

1. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Let's see what it brings...

2. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    This driver is oke but metro last light gets msasive fps drop with physX enable, without it it runs fine, can anyone confirm this ?

3. panev

panev Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1
    same here

terrible driver like the 334.67 beta. random black screen freeze in DayZ. Rollback to 332.21 - i had no issues since. Two of my friend also had the same issue (GTX560Ti and GTX660).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  4. El_Presidente

El_Presidente Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Sitrix SLI
    Pad driver for Max Payne3 and many other. Micro Stuttering is pad, but still programs show ~60 frames.
    Pretty good for BF4 tough.

5. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
    The NV cards are heavily overpriced and the performance weakens.I am very disappointed by nvidia.:frown:

I have a GTX770 Gigabyte and R7970GHZ MSI Lightning at home. The AMD card is the way better & faster graphic card and costs less !!!
    In graphic intensive games the GTX770OC have not even a chance.
    Very often + 10-15FPS (Min-Frames) in games like Metro2033, Crysis, Sleeping Dogs, AVP, Lost Planet 1 , MX vs ATX , Shadow Warrior, Hitman, Grid 2 and so on.

In comparison to nvidia constant frametimes. Much less microstuttering in almost every game.
    I test both cards since months.

BF4

www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1851...i-top-graphics-card-review-battlefield-4.html

BIOSHOCK Infinite :

www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1851...p-graphics-card-review-bioshock-infinite.html

COD - GHOSTS

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/call-of-duty-ghosts-pc-performance,3683-8.html

No, the game is not poorly optimized. On a 290X it runs great !
    No latency issues.

The same story in Naild, COD4, Driver - San Francisco, NFS: The Run (v1.1), RAGE, MAX PAYNE 3 and many other games.

:frown:

PS: Sry for my english.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  6. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    You aren't even comparing the right cards to each other, and both cards are from way different price points.

The GTX 770 is cheaper than the R9 290X so you don't know what you are talking about here.

If you are to compare at price points, then you need to compare a GTX 780Ti to the R9 290X.

So of course the R9 290X would run those games faster, its a flagship card, the GTX 770 is not.

Also the HD 7970 is slightly faster than GTX 770 if OC'd. The GTX 770 is a re-branded GTX 680 with a slight speed increase.

The HD 7970 has way more memory bandwidth than the GTX 680/770 has.

But long story short, you can't compare a GTX 770 to an R9 290X.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    For people having issues with these drivers, I highly recommend the 334.95 Quadro drivers. They are much better than these.

8. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    The GTX 770 is slightly faster than the HD 7970 Ghz in most games according to reviews.

Those are games AMD is known to be strong in, so of course you're going to get better performance. On the flipside, games like Crysis 3 (the most graphically intensive game by far), Bioshock Infinite, Assassin's Creed IV, Battlefield 3, and even Battlefield 4 (on DX11 path) perform better on the GTX 770..

OK, I can tell you're a troll because you're using benchmarks from BETA Battlefield 4. BF4 has gone through numerous patch and driver updates since then, so performance has shifted considerably since then.

Try using up to date benchmarks:

[​IMG]

Apparently you didn't even look at your own graph. The GTX 770 is faster than the 280x at 1080p.

Um, so you're comparing a 290x to a GTX 770, a card that is in a higher price bracket?

I don't have a problem with your English, but you're obviously a biased troll looking to start an argument..

9. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Funny, always new accounts and low posts make those claims and try marketing. ;)

10. Lucifer

Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2060S
    not always new accounts do 'that' you know :)

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Been using 327.23 since late December and didn't get a single Black/Grey Screen issue since then.

5 days ago i installed 334.89 and today BAM! the problem is back.

Not sure what NVIDIA has done with their Drivers but they no longer function properly for me. I am using Zotac FireStorm, which i use to control the Fan Speed of my Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo 2.

12. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    Would be great to get a response concerning the bug I have reported for quite some time. Manuel G, you out there? :D

13. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
    As i said i compare the GTX770OC (Windforce X3 Gigabyte) with HD7970GHZ (MSI Lightning)

I have booth cards at home and the GTX770 have not even a chance in graphic intensive games.

+ the frame rate latency problems. HD7970 delivers a significantly smoother game experience in almost every game.

Compare at first the two cards then we can talk.

280X have better frametimes than TITAN (COD GHOSTS)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/call-of-duty-ghosts-pc-performance,3683-8.html

Battlefield 4
    GTX780OC vs R290/290x

www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1873/pg5/amd-radeon-r9-290-graphics-card-review-battlefield-4.html

AMDs R9290 delivers 20FPS more than GTX780 OC (MIN-FRA) and have less Frame latency problems.

Try to be a little more objectively please. THX :)

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Yep AMD optimized GCN almost to the max, at release it was only competing with a GK104 aka your 770GTX, but now things changed a lot. Be happy with it, who cares if that 770 sucks, we all know GK104 was a milked ripoff artist.. GK110 is that real Kepler.

And imo R9-290 series isnt that magnificent either, actually its that real high-end from AMD like full Kepler by nvidia., if current situation was 2 years ago, we would already have 20nm monsters and games with U4E etc, instead of waiting forever..

15. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Not to burst your bubble, but you compared to R9 290x. All you said was you owned an HD 7970.

Of course the HD 7970 will be faster in some cases. High OC and more memory bandwidth the HD 7970 was slightly faster than a GTX 680 on the newer drivers from AMD. The GTX 770 is a refined 680 so it's not going to be too far off again. I know because I had two HD 7970's in Crossfire from MSI. Also the HD 7970 had more memory badwidth

Now back to the original argument.

You then commenced to say and compare the R9 290x and how much better it was. Of course it is. You can't compare and contrast a flagship card to a now mid-high end range product. You just can't do that.

Why are you again doing the same crap?

How about using the latest drivers with a TITAN in that review.

You are going about this thing all wrong.

I have no stutters or FPS problems in BF4 and I score way better than that R290 at 1150/7000.

Look bud, if you want to honestly try to prove something, you must understand what price points are first, and what card is meant to compete with what card.

Only then will you make sense and prove your point.

Compare....
    GTX 780Ti to R9 290x - Stock and no OC
    GTX 780 to R9 290 - Stock and no OC
    GTX 770 to 280 - Stock and no OC

So on so forth...

16. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
    Ones again.
    No one compares here GTX275 with R9-290 (only as an example, lol)

I have the opportunity to compare the HD7970GHZ (MSI Lighning) with GTX770OC (Gigabyte Windforce) at home. I´m shocked how bad the GTX770 is.

How many times I should write this?!?! So hard to understand ?!

REVIEWS !!!!

COD GHOSTS (9x models tested !!!)

280x better results than Titan !
    A shame ! Titan costs four times more !
    ....should be inversely !

Battlefield 4 (GTX780 vs R9290)

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/revie...9-290-graphics-card-review-battlefield-4.html

More frames, lower latency.
    And yes the R9290 is cheaper than GTX780 but faster, mostly !

Dont search for excuses !

17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Can you go troll somewhere else please, this is an Nvidia driver thread.

18. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
    You are ther Troll here, go sleep pls.

However, look at the two reviews NVIDIA.
    I can post even more !

... huge frame rate latency problems. FACT !

My HD7970GHZ (MSI LIGHTNING) delivers in almost every game a smoother game experience.

Do something NVIDIA, a shame ! :puke2:

A bad joke :

GTX680 - mid-range / Price - high-end
    HD7970GHZ - high-end / Price - mid-range

FACT !

Everyone know that meanwhile. Dont forget it NVIDIA:
    The people are not stupid !!

19. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Don`t you think the better place for such comments is NVidia own forum? Have you seen here NVidia devs?

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This driver while playing Deus Ex HR freezes for about 3 seconds every now and again. The last beta was better, i know i should do more testing but its slightly broken 1 game that im playing so to me there crap. Rolling back to beta.