Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Feb 18, 2014.
No AO profile for Bioshock Infinite.
Bluestacks (android emulator) doesn't work well with this driver.
It uses OpenGL and when trying to launch any game it shows a black screen.
Rolled back to 332.21, seems like some OpenGL extensions are not supported by this new driver or don't work.
Same problems on Catzilla as the Beta 334.67'S.
I'd imagine that's the same ol' Firefox Hardware Acceleration issue that's been around for years … :bang:
i've never EVER seen that with firefox only when someone has things installed they shouldnt, things like browser guard ect
did you pluck that out of thin air? lol
Same massive Freezes or GPU Load drops to 0% like 334.67
OS: Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Expirienced issue in following games:
Americas Army: Proving Grounds
Youtube videos freezing also for several seconds! returning back to 332.21!
Edit: and yep i did a clean install! with a good tutorial which always helped me on issues!
1. Go to Add/Remove Programs
2. Uninstall all Nvidia associated software (May require several reboots)
3. Reboot the computer and log back into windows as normal
4. Go to folder options and select “show hidden files and folders”
The next part of the guide will remove all Nvidia files and folders from the computer.
5. Go to your C drive and remove any “Nvidia” folders if there is any
6. Double click the “Program Data” folder (Normally hidden) and remove all Nvidia folders
7. Go back to C and double click “Program Files” and remove all Nvidia folders
8. Go back to C and double click “Program Files (x86)” and remove all Nvidia folders
9. Go back to C and double click “Users”
10. Access the name of your windows profile and double click “AppData” (Normally hidden)
11. Check the “Local”, “LocalLow” and “Roaming” folders for any Nvidia folders and remove them.
12. Go back to “Users” and check the “Default” folder (Normally hidden)
13. Double click “AppData” (Normally hidden)
14. Check the “Local” and “Roaming” folders for any Nvidia folders and remove them.
The next part of the guide will remove registry entries left by the Nvidia drivers.
15. Close everything down and go back to your desktop
16. Click start, then type “regedit”.
17. Click “HKEY_CURRENT_USER” and extend the folder
18. Click “Software” and extend the folder
19. Remove all Nvidia Folders
20. Click “Wow6432Node” and extend the folder (Within the software folder)
21. Remove any Nvidia folders
22. Click “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” and extend the folder
23. Click “SOFTWARE” and extend the folder
24. Remove all Nvidia Folders
25. Click “Wow6432Node” and extend the folder
26. Remove all Nvidia Folders
27. Click “HKEY_USERS” and extend the folder
28. Click “.DEFAULT” and extend the folder
29. Click “Software” and extend the folder
30. Remove all Nvidia folders
31. Click “S-1-5-18” and extend the folder
32. Click “Software” and extend the folder
33. Remove all Nvidia folders
34. Click “S-1-5-21-1632250243-966907716-928185508-1000” and extend the folder
35. Click “Software” and extend the folder
36. Remove all Nvidia Folders
37. Close down regedit and empty your recycle bin
38. Undo the folder options change to hide the hidden folders
40. Install your drivers and reboot
wow these drivers fixed the DWM.exe memory leak I have been having since BF3..
About dam time....
While browsing, right? Looks like one of these?
Goes away if you turn off Hardware Acceleration in Firefox? Maybe, just maybe will stay away if you reinstall the driver with DDU and turn off nVidia Inspector's Multi Display Power Saver despite how much cooler the cards stay while doing nothing in particular?
Yeah: Out'a think air …
Thanks for the advice.
Sometimes I only use chrome when the msg pops, no compatibility issues.
It's a desktop, not a laptop.
I have 2 screens, 1920x1080 & 1280x1024. Had this setup for a long time with no problem.
I have 16 gigs of ram
I'm not using firefox nor nVidia Inspector's Multi Display Power Saver
I'll try the DDU advice.
BSI already has it's own AO.
I had this driver fail on me while playing Skyrim. (The yellow triangle in the system tray and the error "nvwhatever has stopped responding". Have reverted back to 331.82 as I've had no problem with them. EVGA 550TI Superclocked. nVidia has broken something somewhere with these drivers I believe.
Company of Heroes 2 Glitches
Getting graphic glitches since installing the new drivers in CoH 2.
Any commentary on these new drivers and MW: O? It's my only game where I think about AO, and I don't think much of it …
Teh peaks for Alpine strobe with the sound of footsteps!
Not sure I am liking this set compared to the last beta.
It's not placebo as my games are using less Vram and textures seem to have downgraded a bit in the couple of games I had time to test so far.
BF4 is using around 200ish less MB Vram and FFXIV:ARR around 80ish.
Both seem to have flatter/milkier textures than the last beta.
Monday I'm going to do some direct comparisons, I know it's not just my eyes.
I did a clean install on this set and discovered the same thing as well.
Found one small issue. The control panel is very slow and is accessing my hd like crazy before I can change any settings.
Not getting that, Running win 8.1x64
When can we see support for custom ICC Profiles in Fullscreen?
It's pretty shocking only AMD supports this.
I'm getting graphical glitches when browsing with Chrome.
Interesting. Please share your comparisons.
Twice I saw this driver version attempting to write to read-only memory. Windows didn't appreciate that.