Nvidia GeForce 331.82 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Memorian, Nov 19, 2013.

1. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    I've said it before and i'll say it again.

1. Create an image of your OS with all the latest drivers and service packs and DO NOT INSTALL ANY GPU DRIVERS (not shouting - just highlighting no GPU drivers. LOL)

Now when you want to update the drivers, restore the image and install new GPU drivers.

Soooooo much easier.

Just remember to save all you important stuff on a separate partition (steam, docs etc) and then you don't have to re-download anything.

BTW, these drivers are AWESOME from a fresh image.

THANKS NVIDIA - your greeeeeaaaaaatttttttt.

PEace.

2. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    These driver no longer allow you to select GPU transcoding in RAGE if you have multiple cards. The fix was to only enable CUDA on one card, this no longer works. Any idea why this was changed, or is this just another bug to add to the list?

3. deluxe

deluxe Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti G1
    Bold: LOL What?

4. vrhett

vrhett Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2GB GDDR5
    [​IMG]

Hi Everyone. Just had a Directx error while playing BF4. Game crashes randomly and I am using the 331.82 driver. Not sure though if it is a driver-related problem. Never experienced this issue before with 331.65.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013

5. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    Ok so i was able to try this driver out today... Im actually getting Smooth BF4 gameplay... although i did get a "device removed" directx error Once... other than that, i have been getting great Performance on Operation Locker (even with the house packs with 64 players and EVEN during Major Firefights smack dab in center near Conquest point C.) I am still crashing alot too but i dont believe its because of my drivers for my GFX card tho... just BF4 bugs in general.

yes this would be the error i had also. its funny right as i was replying to the other guy, you posted the error i was talking about hhaha

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  6. Cybermax

Cybermax Guest

Did you not also post in the .65 thread that you had no more lockups? Cos i tested that, and had total freeze..

Ofc that did not happen right of the bat, but rather after a while. I even managed to play a session of BF4, although crashing a lot.. After downgrading to the good old 314.22, my BF4 sessions has been rock solid.

7. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    So much easier.

Than pissing around with drive sweeper type tools.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    This error is usually by unstable gpu OC, if its happening at stock then try higher voltage (6-12mv).

If it happens 1 time it will again, until you reinstall the driver.

9. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    ^ Yep, DirectX errors in bf3/4 are 80% unstable gpu oc.

10. landerfha

landerfha Member

GPU:
    780 TI
    I don't do clean install and I always do custom, it still drops about 50% of my games from the list but doesn't actually delete the settings because when I re-add them all the options from before are preserved.

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    No stutters here, perfectly smooth. I'm also on GTX 780's OC'd to 1150mhz. I have a 680 here for a backup card, but no extra rig to test it on.

12. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    This driver is good. Tested with Guild Wars 2, Dota 2 and Starcraft 2. Battlefield 4 runs well, smooth and micro stutter-free.

13. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz

I had MSAA x4, i forgot about it, was eating all my vram, and had stutters, disabled AA, and its good, sorry, forgot to disable AA :)

14. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Is it really necessary to do the uninstall -> reboot safe mode -> driver sweep -> restart -> install new drivers?

Or does the "clean install" option take care of that?

15. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Bug Report:

SLI option missing after clean install.
    Happens with both the installer option and DDU.

After clean installation and restart, both GPUs are detected (you can select PhysX GPU) but the Maximize 3D perfomance is missing.

Only way to fix it is to reinstall driver on top of the installation WITHOUT clean installation selected.

However, right after installation the settings are all correct and I can enable SLI. But after restart the NVCPL does not show up. SLI is still working judging from the performance in games.

This is happening ever since I clean installed to Win8.1 (x64) and I can reproduce it everytime.
    Bug was there in the last beta (331.40) and WHQL (331.65).

I know it is 8.1 and not 8.0 because I used 331.40 on 8.0 and everything was perfect. Every since my clean installation to 8.1, I've been facing this issue.

ManuelG or AndyB please file this report, if you need more information feel free to ask. My G3D PC specs are up to date.

16. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    batman arkham origin

I still have random crash in batman.

windows 8.1 pro 64 bits
    i7 3770k
    MSI Z77 gd45 gaming
    8g Gskil ddr3-1872
    EVGA GTX780 SC/acx

17. Ghanja

Ghanja Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ventus
    Hm, Batman runs fine over here. Gameplay in DCS World also stayed smooth. I like them so far ... :)

18. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    no problems with this set after a day of ,bf4,codg,batman,ac4 n warframe,good set for me

19. eMbAh

eMbAh Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 770
    Uninstalling and installing is fine

20. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    ah cool ,haven't changed since 326.98 , thanks !