Nvidia GeForce 331.65 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Oct 28, 2013.

1. KrueLLa

KrueLLa Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1050 Ti
  2. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Supports 780Ti

3. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti 1950/21.3g
    Seeing as this is the most official driver for Windows 8.1 for now, It seems like the GPU usage is lower in games and still maintains the high framerates.

If something happened that takes advantage of some slight changes in Windows 8.1 and DirectX, then its an accepted boost.

Got 33 frames average in Batman: Arkham City with the 331.58 drivers and with the 331.65 i get 40 frames average with settings maxed 32x CSAA + High PhysX (1080p).

4. Phatboy69

Phatboy69 Guest

The new 331.65 nov 7 driver looks much sharper in Win 8 pro 64bit.
    I always thought image quality was down with the last few drivers on 2d desktop but this one is razor sharp!

edit: hmmm didnt think this was possible with DVI.. Installed earlier 331.65 and still looks sharp. Took close up pics of Aida64 monitor sharpness test with both drivers and pixel edges look identical so it must be placebo effect! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I bought Urban Trials Freestyle yesterday in the Steam sale and while the game ran perfectly fine using these drivers without any crashes or anything, I noticed some multi-coloured flickering textures on one of the levels that disappeared on the next.

Now I had previously had this issue before in Enslaved and another game (I forget which it was now but my earlier post is in this thread) but only while recording at 1920x1080 using ShadowPlay. I play games at 1920x1200 but to prevent the video being squashed vertically, I set the resolution to 1920x1080 for the purposes of recording in both those games and that was when I observed multi-coloured flickering textures that gradually got worst the longer I played. Once I stopped ShadowPlay and set the resolution back to 1920x1200 (without exiting the game, I might add) then the multi-coloured texture glitch went away. Now I do have the ShadowPlay icon permanently displayed in the bottom right corner of my games but I was not using it when I was playing Urban Trials Freestyle. I have played many other games and not noticed any multi-coloured flickering textures.

Now I know that this issue is usually an indication of bad VRAM or an attempt to overclock the memory core too high but I don't think this is what is happening here because (a) I am not overclocking my memory core (it's at 6,000 MHz); and (b) this issue has only appeared since I installed GFExperience v1.7.0 and enabled ShadowPlay.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

6. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    Yes Darren I had this happen in Batman screen looked like it went into 3d mode I had to restart pc this has happend 3 times, I went back one driver and all is gold now, green artifact double image blur

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I've had no problems at all with this driver.

8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    batman screen lock sound loop, required hard reset. (during a cutscene, has hasppened a few times now on cutscenes).

9. Astug

Astug Active Member

GPU:
    2070 SUPER
    OT: Damn, both of you got lucky with such great overclocking cards. I've only got mine to 1228/6500 stable.

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    to be totally honest, in games there's only so much an OC will do, don't sweat it one bit.:)

11. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    can someone pls tell me how i can reduce the stuttering in games? it's a problem with v-sync i think, i have a 144 hz mointor, dota2 have stuttering when i move the map!

12. Klementh

Klementh Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    Try disabling vsync in-game and force it on with Inspector.

13. BarryB

BarryB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Just had two 'Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered' errors one after the other! All I did was boot the system (Win 8.1 Pro x64) and the mouse stopped responding then got the message, immediately after the mouse stopped responding again and got a second 'Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered' error!!

Seems this problem will NEVER get fixed!!

14. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    I'm not flaming just noticed you are on a HD 7970. Should you not post in the AMD threads?

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Just loaded up BF3 for a bit of junkfood entertainment, flashing textures and missing trees/grass.

Has this game ever worked? Ive had less problems with Arma games...

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Never had a problem with any of that in BF3 on Nvidia. I had flashing smoke back on my HD 7970's for a while until it was fixed.

17. kaingr

kaingr Member Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte waterforce 1080
    try using games safe mode and re-apply your settings i had that kind of coruption to and fixed by doing that

18. Saiyan

Saiyan Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 Strix
    The good: 560TI lockups are a thing of the past
    The bad: getting display driver crash-recoveries on a fairly regular basis

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    my FPS is bad with this driver in some games like COD GHOST and BATMAN. and some bad textures around.

20. somebody2978

somebody2978 Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 650 Ti 2GB AMP!