Nvidia GeForce 331.65 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Oct 28, 2013.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Still no issues with these after 48hrs+.

First driver since 314.21 to work for such a time without issue.

2. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    this behave better on my windows 8.1 install, but really bad for windows 7.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Working alright even after adding my old 460 for physx.

4. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Yes have same problem on a 670 rig.

I had to run Chrome with the flag to disable GPU usage to fix it, having the browser open would keep the clocks at 980MHz.

5. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    chrome loves gpu power.

6. Cyber-Mav

Cyber-Mav Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800gt 512mb
    im still using 314.21 driver, its fully stable with my 560ti with no driver crashes while sitting on the desktop or using firefox with hardware acceleration enabled.

will stick to this driver now till a new driver comes out that's not got any stability issues.

just completed battlefield 4 using the 314.21 driver with not even a single crash or lockup. wont risk installing anything newer if its gonna break something that's not needing fixing.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    A friend told me that BF4 freezes are due to insufficient VRAM. He uses AMD though, can anyone confirm this?

8. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Rubbish

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Thought so too.

Ill try disabling SLI to get rid of the freeze issues I got. So far so good but I took a performance hit :eek:

10. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Personally I'd wait until EA/DICE put out more patches for the servers and client before looking towards any pc issue :)

11. Terbinator

Terbinator Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Titan
    I'm getting a weird v-sync issue with this driver where it will lock at 30/60 only in Battlefield 4. Adaptive etc is turned off and even forcing global v-sync in the driver doesn't resolve it.

Is the same issue as the v-sync bug already mentioned?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  12. Phatboy69

Phatboy69 Guest

2d surround with 4way SLI GTX580 doesn't reboot with correct res. Its ok when first installed but after a reboot the maximum res is only 5040x900 bezel corrected instead of 6048x1080.

Reinstalling driver will fix resolution again until rebooting again...

Also cant disable or change SLI mode once you've rebooted so your only choice is to re-install.

I have to use modded infs for my monitor drivers because even though they are the exact same brand and model the EDID on the 2 newer ones is slightly different so without a forced EDID in the monitor drivers I cant get proper res either. So it looks like the EDID inf is ignored after a reboot and its detecting at the hardware level. Windows 7 never had this problem!

13. Cybermax

Cybermax Guest

Assuming you mean 314.22?

If so, i have the same findings as you.. Stable.. BF4 works.. Firefox w/hardware acceleration.

However, i do believe there could be some optimizations in the new 331.xx driver sets for BF4 that might be useful. Jury is still out on the 331 driver + 560Ti + Windows 7 x64 bit though.

C

14. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X GTX 1080
    Alt+Tab to desktop from Path of exile will cause a total system crash. :bang:

Was working fine with older drivers.

15. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    I seem to be having a complete system lockup/freeze with these drivers. The only thing that has changed since experiencing these is upgrading from 331.58 to 331.65 and replacing my monitor with a VG248QE. I will be playing BF4 or Batman:AO and after a few minutes or couple hours I will get a complete system lockup with a black screen and a loud repeating sound.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Did you try to reinstall 331.65 over again?

17. jrolson

jrolson Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Anyone else get crazy screen tearing/flickering during a BF4 killcam?

18. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Yeah, tried a clean install and a complete uninstall/reinstall. The complete uninstall/reinstall seemed to clear it up, but the crashes just came after an hour or more instead of ~15-30 minutes into a game.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    this is just a guess, but are you allowing windows to install its own standard vga/video drivers after un-installing and rebooting, before you have a chance to install geforce drivers?

If not, try allowing it to do so, then restart, then install these drivers over top.

Or, if your are allowing windows to do so, use Task Manager and stop the process, then install geforce.

I really dont think this is completely an Nvidia problem as to why these and other drivers are ok for some but not other, even on near identical systems. Perhaps its a microsoft update or something alike that is causing these problems.

20. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    I will test more tonight but I was able to play BF4 for 3 hours after reinstalling 331.58. Its weird though. This would be the first time ive ever had lockups from an Nvidia driver.

To your question, Windows was installing its own drivers and then I would install over the top of those. If I end up having problems with the 331.58 I will try and disallow Windows to install its own set and do just let Nvidia install.

EDIT: I noticed my mobo vendor has its 8.1 drivers up, and I am installing everything that is newer than the 8 drivers I was using. One thing it did do is provide me with a Marvell 91xx config driver which is something I have done without since Windows 7 as they never had a driver for 8. If I am not mistaken both my game drive and SSD are connected through the 6gb Marvell ports.

If I can get 4 hours of BF4 with the 331.58 drivers I will install the 331.65 drivers again and see if I still get the lockups after the combo of new 8.1 drivers and the newest Nvidia drivers. The lockups I have been receiving seem more to do with an SSD error rather than an Nvidia problem, even though they only cropped up after the 331.65 update. I will know more tonight.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013