Nvidia GeForce 331.65 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Oct 28, 2013.

1. kokotas

kokotas New Member

GPU:
    gtx 690
  2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I've just had another "Display driver has stopped responding and recovered" error now when booting into Windows even though I have it set to go to the desktop. The desktop appeared but no icons because the driver had crashed for some reason.

Why on earth the driver would crash booting to a 2D desktop but work perfectly in demanding games for hours on end without issue is a question I feel only NVIDIA can answer but I'm really not happy with this. It only started happening since I upgraded to Windows 8.1. Very, very annoying.

3. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 960M
    I know the button should be in the top right corner of the geforce experience window. Maybe when the Games tab is activated. But it's not there. Do you think it has something to do with geforce experience not recognizing any of my games, I live in Cuba and all my games are cracked because I have no way of getting the originals and even if I could get the originals theres no way I could activate them online since I don't have a personal Internet connection, I only have Internet connection at work.

4. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    The main windows drivers, display included, are booted before the login screen even comes up now, so something during login (Another service that interacts with the GPU, like Afterburner maybe?) is causing the driver to crash.

5. SteelPillow

SteelPillow Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX760 SC
    My apologize, I just checked and I have HW acc disabled under the Firefox as well. But what I remember, I tried previous WHQL and Beta driver and TDR appeared even with HW acc disabled under the Firefox (at least I hope) :). All I know I have stucked with 314.22 till now and no TDR yet so far. I will try enable HW Acc under the firefox again, just to be sure...

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Thanks for the info. I do have EVGA Precision X v4.2.1 installed but I wonder if it could be CoreTemp v1.0 RC6 64-bit because every time I get this error, this appears immediately before it in the Event log, although it is not itself an error:

A service was installed in the system.

Service Name: ALSysIO
    Service File Name: C:\Users\Darren\AppData\Local\Temp\ALSysIO64.sys
    Service Type: kernel mode driver
    Service Start Type: demand start
    Service Account:

The next System Event log entry is the display driver crash and recover. Whenever the driver crashes then it always straight after ALSysIO.sys has been installed. I believe this file is related to CoreTemp so I'll try disabling CoreTemp and see if that fixes the issue.

7. BadDriver

BadDriver Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Today the 331.58 test version came out did u install it?

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=382907

8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Darren, it's probably releated to your hard drive, with your old system (cpu mobo) you has issues more than most with that too.
    install your OS on a clean hard drive, after all it's the foundation of your system. just sayin, man.

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I'm using a 256 GB Crucial m4 SSD and it was a clean install back in June so, while your advice is noted, I am not prepared to reinstall and spend another month reinstalling all my games and apps again so soon.

I never had this issue at all on my old system, it's something that has only cropped up since installing Windows 8.1 a few weeks ago. My old system was running an accumulation of five years of Windows upgrades as well from Vista to 7 to 8 via several service packs. Admittedly, I did have an unfixable issue with Windows 8 on my previous build but that was why I opted for a clean install on my current build rather than using Acronis True Image Plus Pack to restore a backup.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC

11. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
  12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    yes i believe NVidia /win8.1 is stil buggy, I been on the 8.1 preview for a while now. last win8.1 update fixed metro ll for me, at least the last update I caught /took.
    game was crashing.

preview is buggy too though so ..I dunno if 8.1 pro is.

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    To be fair, SLI-756, Windows 8.1 is working fine for me 99.9999% of the time. The 0.0001% it isn't is because of this damn driver crash during bootup that occurs infrequently enough not to be a major inconvenience but is, nevertheless, annoying. I suspect it is CoreTemp's ALSysIO.sys service that is causing the crash though so I've uninstalled it completely for now and will see if this issue still occurs again.

Apart for that and FIFA 13 not working (the crack I briefly tried works though so it's an Origin issue) and The Raven refusing to work on Windows 8 or 8.1 for me then I really don't have any other problems. Honest! :D

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I actually was using RealTemp originally but swapped it for CoreTemp a few months ago when it was updated. I never had any issues with RealTemp though and have been using it for years.

15. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Drivers are working fine, but I'm under the impression there is a performance loss with these for me.

I noticed it first with Starcraft 2... some things weren't as smooth anymore

Then I ran my 3DMark on it (I know, not the best, but I don't count on benches anyway)

Comparisons:

Icestorm: 137856
    Cloudgate: 14292
    Firestrike: 3382

Icestorm: 139208
    Cloudgate: 13720
    Firestrike: 3577

Icestorm: 138172
    Cloudgate: 14210
    Firestrike: 3575

Icestorm: 132259
    Cloudgate: 13961
    Firestrike: 3573

The Icestorm and Cloudgate tests really show also a performance drop... so in relation to what I sensed, seems to be right.
    Going to keep them for a moment but probably going back to 331.58 afterwards.
    Everything is stable however, and games are running fine.

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Thank you most kindly. my batman min frames seem up a few. 331.58 seemed to have nice IQ but seemed to suffer for it. these are smooth at 75 fps adaptive v sync.

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    just got a bsod playin batman. back to 331.58 and better IQ.

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This driver sucks for Bf4 on the 690. The 331.40 is the best i have found.

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    wow without pre-render frames set to 1 mouse is laggy.

I tried batman with the previous but I get -50% performance and low gpu usage, gonna try these again see if that sorts it cause they were fine till I started recording gameplay then I got blue screen.
    perhaps I didn't select gpu for the PhysX like I always do that caused the previous drivers I just quickly tested low fps, back to these now gonna try batman I had 75fps with these ones before the crash..(actually the previous ones I had almost the same before I first tried these.

yes back to good fps with these now in batman, gonna keep em but leave recording.

20. SteelPillow

SteelPillow Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX760 SC
    I must admit I am very confused about myself right now :)

Currently I have 331.58 (installed at 27.10.). Em I in a wrong thread? :bonk:

...Now I see there is v331.58 (released 21.10.) and v331.58 Test version so this test version is different one, correct?
    Anyway 3 days without any issue and I am going to try enable HW Acc under the Firefox to see if it is really all right. Then will try 331.65 with/without HW acc and in case problem occur, will try also that "test version" and will report :program: