Nvidia GeForce 331.58 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spets, Oct 21, 2013.

1. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    You sure whine a lot. Just leave already.

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    he had a awful experience with a 6 core intel x79 and sli titans only to go to back to pc gaming with another intel cpu and a 780 only to complain yet again at nausium. console gaming is def for you
    /rant

3. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    your rant is ridiculous, so is your attitude!!! good bye :banana::banana:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  4. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    ^ bananna !!!!!!!!!! GIMME BANANNA !!!!

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    At least remove that stupid gif when quoting him!! :p

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Again? StealBalls....wait...now I get it, you don't have any of your own. :banana:

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    maybe change your name to negative nancie?

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Other then the super random screen zooming happeng in the Swtor splash/loadscreen (reporducable on demand with pcsx2 and certian game movies).

I find the drivers to work just fine, They even Fix the HW accleration freezing in FF when ever I had Voicechat program connected to a server (vent,TS3,etc) that instantly locked my system up if i went to bookmarks. I can acutal use HW acceleration in FF after better part of year it being off.

9. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Alright, did 2 hours of Starcraft 2, running nice and smooth :)
    My Firefox (with HW accell disabled of course) going good, did a 3D Mark and the score is a bit better then the 327.23 for me so keepers.

Haven't tried any other games yet but looking ok here.

10. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    Done lol

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Have not had that issue in swtor.

I assume swtor still runs worse if sli is enabled so I will not even try enabling it for it.

12. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Driver works great for me, pretty much same as the 40,, except the volume is back up where its suppose to be, the 40 had a wierd volume drop in it for me, but otherwise, the vsync is workin good in my baseball for me, big plus, it holds 52-56 fps very smooth, also I got a new bios update for my mobo and it also did a great deal to help too. got voltages under control, big difference.

13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I think you're correct. The last BETA and with this driver I don't have to use the RGB fix to get rid of the washed out look when connected via HDMI and full RGB is still working correctly.

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    PEBKAC

that is all.

15. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    The same here... HW accell on firefox usually leads to a deep freeze and I'm forced to reset... But I had freezes with 331.40's to, and with or HW accell off too... So...

I'm tempted to get back to 327's... :bang:

16. Zarich

Zarich Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GC 670
    Running Great for me.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    These drivers seem to be fine with all the games I've tried/played so far.

However, since upgrading to Windows 8.1, I've been experiencing some weird issues after logging in but it doesn't happen all the time; I'd say it occurs around 20-25% of the time but it's annoying when it does. What happens is that when the Start screen (Modern UI/Metro, whatever you want to call it) shows then I usually immediately select the desktop. Occasionally, Windows will appear to freeze on the Start screen and even though I can move my mouse, mouse-clicks do nothing and the keyboard initially works but then fails to stop working too.

If I wait long enough, 5-10 minutes in some cases, then the desktop eventually appears and I can use my PC as normal with no issues. I've discovered though that if I press Alt-Ctrl-Del as soon as it is obvious the desktop isn't going to appear then I can select Task Manager and this causes a black screen then the desktop appears and everything loads normally.

I looked in the Event log and I found these errors:

(Under System): Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

(Under Applications): Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 6.3.9600.16408, time stamp: 0x523d251b
    Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 9.18.13.3158, time stamp: 0x525da4ec
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000009c8be3
    Faulting process ID: 0x1370
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cecfbab04e6667
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nvwgf2umx.dll
    Report ID: 07a1ad16-3bae-11e3-802f-6c71d9497605
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Unless I'm mistaken the two files mentioned in those event logs are NVIDIA files.

I've only previously experience display driver crashes when attempting too high overclocks on my GTX 780 but I'm not overclocking the card at all and it's a bog-standard reference design (i.e. not factory overclocked). I've never had a driver crash at all while playing a game and I never had these at all when I used Windows 8. So why am I getting these odd crashes ONLY when booting into Windows? You wouldn't think the graphics card would be really doing anything at that point other than rendering 2D images? :3eyes:

18. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    I hate consoles, but if I can't get a STABLE 60FPS 60hz VSYNC with only 50% GPU usage and a CPU not breaking a sweat on an empty BF4 server then it's just wasted money.

I did expect this response, but it ain't long till my 780 is sold and I am finished attempting to play games on the PC.

I just stood in the market place of grand bazaar with my jaw on the floor watching my Afterburner FPS counter just in pure shock, it makes NO SENSE.

With my Titan SLI SYSTEM it never happened on the 314.22 but happened everytime I switched to the later drivers.

End of the day, I am just fed up diagnosing as if you want something a certain way, that's what your gonna be doing most of the time, with PC gaming, no need to rage at a man when he's down, I notice young people do that a lot, when a man is down and needs to get something off his chest, y'all just love to kick, instead of feeling bad that, even if you think it's him or his rig, is not getting the experience he payed for, even more so with the money I payed on my last PC.

So lets grow up a bit, acknowledge I am gutted to FEEL forced away from PC's and onto stinky consoles just so I can get a consistent HASSLE FREE experience, and you know what, I am not even close to alone in the way I feel so, lets be a bit nicer, was I ranting at any of you guys? NO.

Do I think Nvidia are a bunch of Cowboys that cleverly market/manipulate you into thinking they are doing you a favor when in fact they are dishonestly ripping honest cash right out your wallets?..

YEP. (yes I am aware it's not just Nvidia but because they have some of the most cleverly thought out and underhanded tactics I target them for sure)

Make no mistake (if you can get it to work) gaming on the PC can be FAR superior to consoles, FAR FAR! but your also getting ripped off and charged absurd prices (right here, feel that, you know that bit where right now your reading this bit and thinking the prices are perfectly normal? that's you being manipulated/brainwashed, congrats on buying the Nvidia execs yet another porsche)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It may be personal experience but, from what I've seen, the root problem you're having is Dice, not Nvidia.
    They do have a track record for weird problems and the way they're pushing limits it's no wonder you'd see more problems with their games than with, well, "easier" ones.

Think about it the other way: If you're having issues on such a PC, what would happen to a cheap console? ;)

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    This will happen

[​IMG]