Nvidia GeForce 331.58 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spets, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    Driver works great!

2. jrolson

jrolson Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Anyone else get lots of lag in Windows 8.1 when resizing Windows Media Player?

3. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    Great driver but i only play games like red orchestra 2 and fsx and some cs go sometimes,and Stealballs go play on a console if you are complaining about 0.1 or 0.2 fps drops then you clearly have a problem :bang:

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    tell me again why its the drivers fault since i do not get it?

5. tekin77

tekin77 Guest

GPU:
    Evga 690 gtx
    nice drivers and nice iq very smooth in game was using 327.80 for a while but will stick with these. happy for now

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I tried Arkham City DX11 .. if I set vsync on in nvidia control panel and set a fps limit in inspector, vsync doesn't work (I could notice tearing).

7. jez_uk1

jez_uk1 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Hello

Window maximisation seems to be slightly broken in the latest WHQL release. Windows are offset slightly to the right and overlap the next panel (looks like by the width of the task bar).

[​IMG]

8. ibracadabra

ibracadabra Guest

GPU:
    XFX RS 480 4GB
    Same problem in Firefox, mouse cursor has became green and after that I must restart PC. Very unprofessional by NVIDIA. I think they want to force people to buy new cards.
    This is error in event viewer:
    The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found..

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yeah right, im sick of those stories. Downgrade your driver and its fine, so its a driver issue, but you dont have to buy a new card to fix that. Wait until they fix it and use an older driver till then, easy it is..

Also, please use google, there are also several solutions to prevent this and so on...
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...t-id-14-from-source-nvlddmkm-cannot-be-found/
    is just one of many results regarding this.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Then help Nvidia help you.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4678530&postcount=559

11. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    Move your task bar to the bottom, I bet it will be sorted then ;)

12. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Oh yeah. Just an update on that. I still haven't heard anything about if he stills wants me to send my card in. Maybe they're able to replicate the issue with the info I provided and don't need my card (I even gave them gpu-z and cpu-z screenshots to be sure). It's only been a few days though, and I'm not complaining.

I'm just letting you guys know.

13. Thunderbolt8

Thunderbolt8 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 760M
    I did and its still there.

14. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    That is my finding as well, I noticed better IQ, slightly less FPS. I don't miss 1 or 2 frames as my images look fantastic.

15. deluxe

deluxe Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti G1
    Gotta love you "IQ IS BETTER" people, every driver for the last 10 years there's some people claiming they notice better image quality.
    Never do I see anyone back it up with proof, show before and after screenshots if you claim such nonsense.

16. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    You're so right. Consoles were EXACTLY made for people like you! See ya!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  17. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I think they did something to the gamma curve or something. I immediately noticed the color/brightness being different on this driver than my last one (327.xx). Screenshots may not even show anything if its the gamma/vibrance defaults.

I have a custom gamma profile i use from powerstrip, and i also use sweetfx in games. The gamma/vibrance needed some tweaking to get back to how i had it.

18. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    Quoted for truth. I've been using Nvidia hardware for the past 10+ years in everything from single setups to tri-sli. Never once in those 10+ years did I have a unsolvable or crippling issue.

Sure there have been some annoying ones like nvlddmkm driver resets, or the broken vsync not long ago. But nothing that has been a lingering issue that is so bad it makes me want to run to consoles like a baby.

We get it, you spent money and you want things to work. Thing is you just don't seem to realize the issue is something on your end. The drivers work and they work well. Certain software will always conflict and you can't seriously expect Nvidia to have instant fixes for all of them.

If you can't handle it, see ya. Console markets would love to have your money and we can be with one less whiner.

19. valentyn0

valentyn0 Member Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800 XT
    Just go away then, who's keeping u forced on the PC?

20. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    I think driver sucks because i don't get A-A every hand when i am on P o k e r s t a r s..BUT, no stutter whatsoever and rock steady 60fps.
    But, manuel...please look into the A-A problem, it sucks and i blame Nvidia..:banana:

on a serious note...thx for new driver :)