Nvidia GeForce 331.40 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X GTX 1080
    OK I have installed windows 8, BF4 runs smoother on it with these driver than on windows 7 with the same drivers....at least on my PC.

Nvidia 2d surround on windows 8 is functional but the experience is still far from perfect ( I can't believe aft almost a year nVidia can't pull that one)

Civilization 5 crashes with these drivers as soon as u press the Directx11 option from its start menu. (Even in windows 7 too )

I am having a strange windows re sizing by themselves in windows 8 with these drivers and some times windows menus seems to jump between center monitor and left monitor which makes reading the message inside them or pressing a button a little hard.

2. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1080
    second day had a cursor stutter and freeze like the other 320+ drivers, sorry nvidia whats going on ? :flame: is this joke something to get us buying new cards ?

3. MarauderFH

MarauderFH New Member

GPU:
    560 Ti
    The freeze is still here, despite what people above are saying.
    THESE DRIVERS WILL CRASH YOUR SYSTEM with certain cards.

I have a 560 Ti.
    I've been using the 314.22 drivers. I have not had a hard crash in the last year.

I installed these drivers last night. I have had two hard crashes in the last 18 hours.

Basically a 2 year old card is legacy I guess!

4. ravaged

ravaged Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    I don't think anyone's saying that the drivers will definitely work brilliantly for everyone. We have just reported our findings for our particular cards. Sorry to hear you're having problems.

5. qgshadow

qgshadow Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI 2560x1440
    BF4 BETA doesnt have HI-RES textures, same thing with BF3 BETA

6. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 EVGA FTW
    No problems at all here.

7. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    Same here bro; I just installed the driver a few minutes ago. Testing it now. 314.22 was very STABLE for 560Ti.

Cheers.:)

8. MarauderFH

MarauderFH New Member

GPU:
    560 Ti
    The fix for 560Ti is clearly not in place. You only have to take 5 seconds over at the geforce forums to have confirmation of this.

Posting that you installed it an hour ago isn't helpful. What will be helpful is indicating how it works for you 48 hours out.

9. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Banned

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    Textures in BF4 feel very dull, bland, flat? Dont know how to say it in english, but textures feel almost blurred, like there is no fine detail? But hopefully all these things will work upon release? I also think that x64 is in some way, one of the causes for all the issues? I think x86 version will work better out of box? But maybe x64 drivers and optimisations will get better with time? BUt i am looking forward to BF4, i trust in Dice, but I dont thrust in EA. So if they have pushed this game too fast, not even DICE can make this game awsome! But with time it will be great, i know it.

10. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    A few pages back I posted that my 550ti started acting up after a few hours. My fix was to just disable Firefox Acceleration and everything seems stable since.

11. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Member Guru

Anyone having crashing on desktop to a black screen with sli win8 331.40, then tdr? I don't use uefi boot or anything. Is there something I'm missing? Mobo is Msi z68a-gd65 g3. Can't find where csm is anywhere...

EDIT: Gah... I tell people it all the time with new drivers and crashing: lower your overclock and see if it's causing it. Just reset to stock and it worked for 15mins (was crashing within 1-5 before on desktop) in BF3, put a lower OC and still working. /slaps self

edit 2, nope just crashed at stock again.... Confused :(.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  12. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FW3 U
    I just use chrome its work for me is fast and stable just for gaming BF3 4

13. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    These drivers eliminated the stutter in the BF4 beta completely. It's actually playable now.

14. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Member Guru

I haven't had any stutter issues with 327.23, but I just ripped the profile for SLI from the 331.40's which crash on me, and 327.23 now has even better FPS and GPU usage consistently. Would be nice if I could figure out why 331.40 isn't playing nice with my 670 SLI...

15. Zarich

Zarich Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GC 670
    These don't seem very nice to me. I really liked the 326.80s as those ran smooth and IQ was high. Right now playing borderlands 2 it seem to be much laggier, and fxaa seems to less functional as I seem more jaggies.

16. leaker

leaker Member

GPU:
    lulz
    Spoke too soon.

STILL getting crashes :bang::bang::bang:

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    x64 client is fine, it's just a BETA.The textures are fine, but the map isn't the best i guess, just like BF3 BETA Operation Metro.

18. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Is there a comming fix for sli flickers in bf4 beta?
    Now i diasble sli, but it cost to much fps on ultra at 2560x1080.

19. Terepin

Terepin Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070 Ti
    about:crashes and check what is causing it and if bugzilla report exists. If not, try to fill one.

20. anamericangod

anamericangod Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460 SOC 1GB
    same here. i don't have any problems when i use chrome but once i try to use firefox and have it open for more than 5 minutes i run the risk of a freeze.