Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 19, 2013.
I think for me .24 was a little smooth'ish.
****ing good in ffxiv arr aachieved 7413 points,my record
Seriously, NVIDIA, you're still setting the useless-for-most s-t-r-e-a-m-e-r service to Automatic despite it being suggested a month ago that it should be set to Manual? Do you not listen to your customer base? :wanker:
P.S. The website blocks the word 's-t-r-e-a-m' for some reason in case you're wondering why it's typed that way. I never knew it was an offensive word... :3eyes:
For my 550ti rig disabling Firefox Hardware Acceleration has helped me a lot. I did install these drivers on that system, I haven't had any major issues where it's just too screwy to not even use my computer. But I know for a fact if I re-enable that Firefox setting I'll probably start getting freeze ups. (I haven't tried it yet since the last few drivers though).
for me ffxiv 23 is best, 23 7413, points,24 7391 max points
tried quadro version of .23 and they are good too but less performant even if i reached there also 7400 points
Thank you sir.
thanks, gonna give them a try, .23 micro-stutters for me and don't know why
Very nice to know!
What "s-t-r-e-a-m-e-r service" are you talking about?
Cant find any in my services?
Running Win 8
whell yes but users then dont know how turn in on and you can disable it yourself
Ive had some success with some recent drivers... for awhile. I never had many problems when playing a game, but when my pc was idle or when I was just browsing the web I have problems.
No BSOD at restart, however surround still gives BSOD on full screen youtube using flash
NVIDIA S.t.r.e.a.m.e.r Service under Services.
@ yosef019 - The point is that the drivers install and run a service that 99% of NVIDIA users will never need. It previously caused an error to be recorded in the event log. This service should be both optional under Custom install (I never install the useless-for-me 3D drivers for example) and set to Manual for the, erm, Manual install but we're not given a choice with this other service.
It was reported over a month ago on the GeForce.com force and agreed that it should not be set to automatically run yet here it still is in the latest certified driver. It is completely unnecessary for the majority of NVIDIA card users IMO and should be set to Manual by default and ran when needed.
There isn't going to be any magical performance increase over Nvidia enabling PCI-E 3.0 vs us doing it with a reg hack.
With the latest Beta i disabled Firefox hardware acceleration and no freezes came, now with this driver i enabled F H ACC and i just got my first mouse freeze with this WHQL driver.
What did Nvidia do this whole month???????????
I disabled F H ACC again.
I wholeheartedly despise microstuttering, and I'm reading that some of you are seeing them with this driver. Can others comment on this please?
GeForce 327.23 Driver
This Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you’ll have the best possible gaming experience and is also a recommended driver update for the Windows 8.1 Preview. GeForce R326 drivers also provide performance increases for a variety of different games.
New in GeForce R326 Drivers
• Performance Boost – Increases performance by up to 19% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 320.49 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here is one example of measured gains:
• GeForce GTX 770:
• • Up to 15% in Dirt: Showdown
• Up to 6% in Tomb Raider
• GeForce GTX 770 SLI:
• • Up to 19% in Dirt: Showdown
• Up to 11% in F1 2012
• SLI Technology
• • Added SLI profile for Spinter Cell: Blacklist
• Added SLI profile for Batman: Arkham Origins
• • Enables GeForce to SHIELD ******ing. Learn more here.
• 4K Displays
• • Adds support for additional tiled 4K displays
• Adds support for 4K FCAT testing
• Extended support for tiled 4K features
• Installs new PhysX System Software 9.13.0725.
• Installs HD Audio v188.8.131.52
• Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5.5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
• Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
• Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
• Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
• Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.
I am not seeing any micro stuttering. Every game I have tested so far is working like it should.
GeForce 326.80 Driver Beta
GeForce 327.23 Driver WHQL
Thanks for the reply m8.