Nvidia GeForce 327.23 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 19, 2013.

1. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Glad you said "almost" or i'd have to smack you with a very large trout!

irc reference :)

2. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Yes, and sadly many people just OC in a wrong way they don't test for 100% stability, and after a random time they start to tell they had BSOD's or driver crashes. Also if i'm not mistaken i think the nvidia driver team are testing new drivers ONLY on STOCK nvidia, with STOCK PCB. And if someone with custom PCB like the Lightnings cards test a new driver they could have problems.

Regarding SLI and Cross, well you have a boost in performance no doubt, you run two cards, but in kinda many cases the cards don't run 100%, many games don't know SLI/Cross 100%, in some cases you can have in a game bigger performance with one card; microstuttering, another SLI issue, and many more, more heat into the case, more power drain.

Problem is that you build a rig with SLI/Cross then after some years (1-2 years) you need to sell your old rig to buy a new one, and we all know that PC hardware market prices devalues themselfs after one year, because another new card has come up and people don't want that old card anymore. So you put eg: 1000$ in two cards and after one year you sell those cards with MUCH less money.

PC market hardware it's not like buying second-hand cars, for example, the proces get very low after one year.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  3. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    COD4 was the last good quality Call of Duty game. I'd play it today if I had my install cds.

It's like counterstrike, addictive, you can play it over and over and never get bored of it.

It had several features that were removed in future versions that ruined the balanced tactical gameplay.

Dedicated servers, the hit detection on Matchmaking Peer servers are terrible.
    Lean and Peek ability
    Mod support
    Bullet penetration, they removed it in future versions and made it a perk
    Not so ridiculous killstreaks
    Perks that are not over exaggerated and imbalance the game
    Move speed not so fast, felt realistic, satisfied arcade and realism gamers

There were only a few things I disliked which was the hit indicator, matrydom perk and killstreaks adding on to the killstreak score. But these were not such a big deal as the killstreaks were not so crazy.

In the future versions, you could get your first kill streak, and then use that and get another, and another, soon your 7 killstreak turns into 40 kills and all you had to do was press a key on your keyboard and click on the map, that shouldn't warrant 33 extra kills, that's not skill.

I stopped playing the series after this game, I tried MW2 and hated it so much. That's why people still play this game, it was the perfect gap between arcade and realistic tactical shooters like the old Rainbow Six games.

The new ones have too much imbalanced crap and terrible map design that turns it into a corridor Unreal Tournament arena.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You mean you could actually differentiate between COD 3/4? I had to look on the DVD cover so I knew which one I was playing. lol

5. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    COD 3 was WW2? COD 4 was present day at the time, they were very different.

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I was referring to MW3.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    And, did you try vsync + 60fps limit with msi afterburner OSD to see if it eliminates those micro fluctuations with newer drivers?

8. A2ra3L

A2ra3L Member

GPU:
    MSI RX7600
    Just a question, I know you have tried alot of stuff, but why are you using vsync AND limiting your frames with another program at the same time. It seems a bit counter productive seeing as vsync limits the frames. Have you tried just using one or the other? I would be interested to see if just limiting your frames with afterburner/vsync by itself causes the same problem or not. Maybe you are having a problem with the drivers and afterburner not playing nicely?

I have seen a few other people here and there talking about problems with afterburner and newer drivers, maybe they don't get along anymore. At least if it is that causing the problem Manuel might get an idea of where to look for the problem, (something they have changed that effects afterburner specifically), and your problem may get fixed

9. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    MW3 is more like MW2 than COD4. MW2 was a terrible game. I never played MW3 lots, but when I did at a friends house or whatever, it felt like a more balanced version of MW2; However, I still disliked the killstreak chain whoring, the map designs which felt corridor shooter, and by that point. There were plenty of other FPS on the market that I felt required more tactical thinking and I enjoyed more.

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    What kind of problems? :3eyes:

2 years maybe, but prob not 1yr. It depends a lot on when new tech is released and where in the world you live....but in NZ there may be a drop of $40 over a year...not too muc

11. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Fixed.

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah it might of been MW2 and MW3, I can't remember tbh.

13. A2ra3L

A2ra3L Member

GPU:
    MSI RX7600
    Well... still no problems, played BF3, AVP2010, Takedown Red Sabre, The Showdown Effect, Combat arms, Skyrim, HL2. Also played youtube videos, multiple videos simultaneously. Not a lockup, freeze, hiccup, stutter nor anything else. Good drivers for my card at least. Keeping them until something better comes along

14. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    Have you tried going into the Nvidia control panel (or using inspector) to modify the BF3 profile and setting 'Power Management Mode' to 'Prefer Maximum Performance'?

Also, you could try setting the power profile in Windows to "High Performance" to stop your CPU from downclocking when it gets 'bored' and isn't working hard, or alternatively turn of all power saving features in the BIOS, such as IEST (speedstep), C1E (Enhanced Halt State), C3 (ACPI CPU C2), C6 (ACPI CPU C3).

Source

Also, uninstall any ASUS hardware monitoring software that may poll your hardware and cause latency.

15. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Black textures are gon with this drivers. (gtx780)
    the black textures in the metro map on US side.

16. Remmi

Remmi Guest

I have the same problem.
    I play in NV surround (portrait) and the offer is off the screen. Another problem I have with the browser Opera, which maximizes to all LCD. Returned back to 314.22, this driver not problems for my.. Nvidia kiss my ass :bang:

17. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    I have a serious issue with these drivers. I hope someone will confirm it.

I experience TEARING with V-SYNC ON too, tried all settings, but only at bottom screen section, the solution doesn't work for me either and BOTTOM of the screen for me too.

Really strange I didn't experience anything similar before.

FX-8350 + GTX580 SLI.

Complete HW config.:
    Puni's rig _.->*new³D*<-._ PRIME STABLE OC - CLICK HERE: Cooler Master HAF X NVIDIA EDITION Asus M4A89TD PRO/USB3 + AMD FX-8350 @210x21=4,42Ghz blue voltages (NB/HT @2320Mhz/2730Mhz) + Asus/Zotac GTX580 SLI @851-1702/4204Mhz 1,063V + 8GB of Samsung 30nm DDR3 @1966Mhz 9-9-9-27 1,5V | Caviar Black 3TB SATA III RAID0 | BenQ XL2420TX NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 Lightboost ready | Win7x64 | 3DMark11 - CLICK HERE | 3DMark Vantage - CLICK HERE

Anyone else could please watch and confirm?

18. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    Solved 100% (tried same games with also V-SYNC off no tearing at all, or at least NOT that great bottom tearing FOR SURE)

Solved for sure then, how? Reverting back to 320.49!

The problem was present ONLY with 3D Vision 2 (3D Vision controller is the same as 326.01 as you can see from UNINSTALL MANAGER). Maybe that's the problem?

19. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    Dude i dont want to be an dick but your graphics cards is pretty outdated if u ask me, u will expect more problems with that than a modern graphics card tho thats just an fact.

20. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    There is nothing wrong with the overclock video card. The driver has to work correctly specially when it was working with another driver version. The out of the box overclock card by the manufacturer are tested for stability and it has to work with the driver. Nvidia has to put their sleeve up and make a good driver that's it. :)