Nvidia GeForce 326.80 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    To respond to all of you guys, and I was going to say this anyway just checking in:

550ti rig: Is stable after disabling Hardware Acceleration. The only other way to avoid issues is to just go back to 314.22.

My 680 rig however: I don't know if it's flash, Firefox, the nvidia drivers or a combination of all 3 but, I am getting a lot of Firefox/Flash crashes! Very tempted to revert back to 314.22 on my 680 rig now just to see if it changes anything.

Hope everything goes well and you can get home. I know the hospital life well.

2. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armor
    "Not optimized" is a very generous understatement. How nvidia gets away without release day support for one of the biggest PC-exclusive titles of the year is beyond me, not even trying to get my head around it. At least you're getting some mileage out of that 780, my poor 670 can barely get past low 20s on the campaign map, while the other two cards are sitting around, twiddling their thumbs.

3. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    NVIDIA never got their hands on the game until after it was released, you can hardly blame them. It takes time to create the drivers and test them before they are released.

You should be blaming SEGA and Creative Assembly.

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    There are two to blame if they are not working together, i said this once before.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013

5. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armor
    I'm sorry, but this excuse doesn't hold much weight with me. We're only talking about one of the two major gfx card manufacturers on this planet, with plenty of pull. If this were 1996, I'd understand, but it is not. If this were a console port, likewise, but again, this isn't a console port, it's a PC exclusive.

Nvidia most likely hasn't bothered to get access to the game in the first place. They have instead followed what now is a worrying trend of ignoring a new release, blaming the developer and then (hopefully) releasing a working driver 3-4 months down the track (Far Cry 3, anyone?). We've had this happen with other titles. This is not a new thing.

Personally, I don't care what nvidia's excuse du jour is any more. I want the performance I paid a lot of money for. The "how" is up to them.

6. kevnb

kevnb Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    Why wouldn't the developer make their game work with current drivers? I can understand if the game worked better with older drivers, but... I assume the game was released a little early, that's all there is to it.

7. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Ok guys, I just got a hard lockup on my 550ti rig.

Also Firefox 24 came out. If there's any stability improvement I'll be amazed. But, if not, my next step is to go back to 314.22 on both of my machines.

8. Ghanja

Ghanja New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ventus
    I was using them because they provided a faster and smoother gameplay with DCS World but I was suffering from random freezes (especially Outlook and IE) with these drivers.
    So I uninstalled them and went back to the last official drivers. Now things are running normal again but of course I lost the smoother gameplay in DCS ...

9. ravaged

ravaged Member Guru

GPU:
    G1 970 SLI
    Indeed, Creative Assembly games are typically shambling messes at release. No surprise that the latest iteration follows suit.

10. AStaUK

AStaUK Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    "A few more days" suggests Monday to me as NVIDIA do not usually release new drivers just before the weekend in case people need support.

12. ce-lin

ce-lin Active Member

GPU:
    Gbyte 660Ti 3GB OCWF3 SLI
    so a month delay, interesting.

13. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    houston i have one problem, black textures in BF3.

14. Hammer_Time

Hammer_Time Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB
    326.80 BETA driver is crashing on my W7 desktop randomly every day now, even when idling and nothing open. Weird thing is it never crashes during gaming ( I upgraded to this beta driver for Splinter Cell Blacklist, no problems with previous driver versions before this one ). It only crashes on the desktop, screen goes black and system hangs, cannot recover, have to hard power off and reboot. Will try the WHQL version of this driver, if same problem, will go back to previous version of driver that never gave me any grief. BTW, GTX 560 Ti card.

15. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI
    Ambient Occlusion driver level force working in these drivers? i know the 327.23 whql it is broken

16. Hammer_Time

Hammer_Time Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB
    Okay, ALL "32x.xx" versions of nVidia WHQL driver are BROKEN for GTX 560 Ti card ( confirmed ). If you use a GTX 5xx series card DO NOT USE ANY OF THE 32X.XX series drivers!!! They cause random crashes on the desktop , even during idling. ( namely 320.18 through 327.23 WHQL drivers, I tried them ALL, they all exhibit same crashing behaviour on my 560 Ti card with W7 64!! they don't crash in game strangely, only on the desktop ). I went back to the stable 314.22 WHQL ( March 25 2013 ) driver that I was using for months now, totally stable, system has not crashed once since I reinstalled it yesterday...I think nVidia is focussing too much on Windows 8 and the newer GTX 7xx series cards in their latest drivers, whatever the hell the problem is, the "32x.xx" series drivers DO NOT LIKE GTX 560 Ti card at all!!! I am not upgrading my driver till nVidia FIXES this bull****...:bang:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  17. Hammer_Time

Hammer_Time Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB
    Update, as expected, going back to the old 314.22 WHQL driver solved the problem!! No more crashes on the Windows desktop since I reinstalled that driver 2 days ago!! Like I said, that driver worked great for me for months and continues to do so now. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, GTX 560 Ti. I am liking the looks of the new Daamit graphics cards they just announced... R9 270X on par with GTX 760 for just $200 USD!!??? Count me in!!! Awaiting more benchmarks of course, but it looks like ATi just handed nVidia their asses!! ( Price/Performance ratio )

18. Iruwen

Iruwen Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    This bs is getting really annoying. If you want to get a different card with different issues, just go for it once it has been released. Nobody cares.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    why annoying? let him be then, not troll him down.

20. Iruwen

Iruwen Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    He's trolling, the cards haven't been released yet, they didn't even give any final specs, not to mention any reliable performance figures and also no price for their top dog iirc.