Nvidia GeForce 326.80 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 20, 2013.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Nvidia rly must be kidding!? Still no drivers for rome 2...what a fubar bs! Delayed alsmost 2 weeks now!

2. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Easily worth the wait if they are correcting the many issues a lot of members are experiencing.

No problems on my end, drivers are stable and smooth performers.

3. Satin_Knight

Satin_Knight Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 SC
    Crash with Blue Screen, disappearing mouse cursor, Firefox issues, Windows 7 freezing. Games are working fine, but can't use these anymore went back to the 314.22.

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Ehm no? Do you have Rome 2? I doubt it, or else you wouldnt say that!

Yes its maybe stable for every game came out before rome 2. Im talking about rome 2! Like i wrote!

So the delay is absolutely not acceptable when the game is already 1 week out!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013

5. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Are these the performance issues that nVidia has stated are a game engine issue and not a driver issue?

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/09/nvidia-total-war-rome-2-performance-issues-seem-game-optimization

I would go to the Rome 2 forum and protest.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    its mainly because they didnt/dont? want to work together in this case.

7. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified

Nope, don’t have Rome 2 and have no interest in it either...

I’d still rather see nVidia take the time to correct stability issues and release a proper fixed driver then rush one out the door for a single game.

So the delay is absolutely acceptable... hell, it’s only week.

8. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I agree with clawhamer. I can wait so we get a better driver. Look at the last few drivers and beta's, even though I'm on 326.80 and have had no problems so far but I don't overclock.

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    its almost two weeks, they said end of the month at least. Therefore, they rush beta drivers out for a single game optimatzation you know, and they add other fixes in whql, too.

So i understand if its dont whql if there were rome 2 optimations, but there issnt a whql either.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ ShadowDuke - I don't think the performance issues with Rome II can be completely fixed by NVIDIA as I believe that is mostly a game engine issue that needs to be addressed by Creative Assembly.

As for the certified drivers being late; well, it's just typical of NVIDIA to announce a date for a driver and then miss it by 2-4 weeks. There have been a lot of games released since the beta that could do with new drivers to improve performance, the NVIDIA sponsored The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for example which runs extremely poorly on my system under DX11. At one time, NVIDIA used to be superb at supporting games ahead of release but now they're not so much. It seems to have coincided with the increase in the number of AMD Evolved titles so they clearly aren't getting their hands on these games to optimize drivers in time for their release. That is not good news for people like myself who tend to buy games as soon as they're released, although I'm at least thankful that I've ditched SLI as that is so dependent on regular driver updates.

11. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Hi,

I just wanted to throw in another update, BF3 is still running absolutely flawlessly since being back on the 314.22.

12. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    LOL it IS the driver, I just went back to 326.80 and I am getting intermittent drops to from 60.0 to 59.7, 59.6, etc.

It IS the driver, it's NOT my rig, there IS NOTHING else going on here, it simply IS the driver.

How can they get away with this? and why do they and nobody care? simple - barely 1% play like me, and a possible 20% of that 1% would even notice.

Back to 314.22.

13. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire

Just installed 314.22 and ran around caspian border with 8xSGSSAA and it was flawless, 1 brief dip to 59.9 which I theorize is something to do with the 60hz refresh being 59.97 I think so I feel that explains the occasionalk reading of 59.9.

Point being, somet fishy about BF3 and 326.80.

I will test AGAIN another time as I have to admit, although I feel this is irrelevant, I did forget to use the X79 PCIE 3.0 hack (which I normally use and am using with 314.22 - just so much to think about with PC's) when I just tested the 326.80 however........ FK EM, seriously, as IF I buy a premium platform and they can't be arsed to support PCI-E 3.0 anyway! don't even get me started on that crap.

Xbox One here I come....

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  14. ce-lin

ce-lin Guest

GPU:
    Gbyte 660Ti 3GB OCWF3 SLI
    still awaiting explanation about why every 32x.xx driver has random GPU usage drop, no matter the game/app or settings, including system timings, CPU clock, VGA clocks and voltage... it doesn't matter, there's always a drop only fixed by loading the GPU with stuff like extra AA and/or downsampling, why can't we have GPU's with 70% load running at 100%? they only reach 99-100% when load is > 80%, Nvidia please.

15. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    Are you serious? You just lost all credibility right there.

16. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    he might be happy with it, but I cant see how somebody would go from a top end pc back down to a good enough console. Even with my specs, I wont buy a new console atleast for a couple of years if ever.

17. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    HUH? Credibility? what are you on about lol

[​IMG]

18. aemequis

aemequis Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    Damn, yesterday I just got my first bsod with this driver and BF3. It was running great and totally stable since the day of release. It's still much more stable than the previous ones for my system, but now I'm a little disappointed...

19. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Join the club.

These drivers are great if you dont install them :)

20. Dantrfc

Dantrfc Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming 8GB
    does anyone get low fps in far cry 3 when your in the villages or sometimes outposts?, other than that everythin else seems to work ok with these drivers.