Nvidia GeForce 326.80 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 20, 2013.

1. MindzEyz

MindzEyz New Member

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr GTX680 4gb
    Our configs are a bit different, but I would ask this question:
    What type of cooling do you have? I built my system for temp control. I run everything is 3d Vision 2 (bf3 between Hi & Ultra) and I do not get the stuttering, however I've heard a lot about it. I sometimes get down to about 40fps in hairy fights, but the system never reaches 31 degrees C. In other words, heat may cause problems of the sort. My Switch 810 is rockin 13 fans including an H100 in push-pull. When I had the same hardware in a smaller box with less cooling, I had that crap happen all the time. Just sayin....

2. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Yea I can't hate on this driver.Even with the downclock I get better numbers across the board than with any other.

3. MindzEyz

MindzEyz New Member

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr GTX680 4gb
    Sorry, the post I replied to isn't there now...weird.

4. omnimodis78

omnimodis78 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080FTW
    Well colour me impressed, this actually worked. I managed to finish the game (a good 3 or so hours) and all things being the same, save the change above, no more crashes. Thanks for the suggestion!

5. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx3070 gaming X
    with these drivers i get sleep problems and sli disables itself

6. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    No problem champ!

7. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3070Ti

I feel that the newer opengl betas are a bit smoother over all.

8. Michalko

Michalko Member Guru

GPU:
    a good one
    particle artefacts in Crysis 3 :(

9. mbushnaq00

mbushnaq00 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti 6GB
    I am getting a lot of problems with these drivers:

- My PC sometimes will get no display after waking up from sleep and even sometimes BSOD (caused by nvlddmkm.sys)

- In the event viewer, I have loads of "nvlddmkm" errors and a quite few error code 3 "The NVIDIA OpenGL driver detected a problem with the display
    driver and is unable to continue. The application must close."

these are by far the most unstable drivers I have ever used. I am now testing the driver version 326.98

10. Blaire

Blaire Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    Can you write a few more Details (Ingame-,Driver-Settings, what Map are affected etc.)?

11. Violentum

Violentum Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    Zero issues with my Asus GTX460! This driver seems good to me...

12. RyuKeN

RyuKeN Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce TITAN
    Battlefield 3 have Low GPU usage :'(

13. Michalko

Michalko Member Guru

GPU:
    a good one
    All detaits + resolution, default settings (tried some tweaks too), tried first 2 missions. Other games (tried dota 2, CS:GO, splinter cell blacklist and Arma 2 Combined Ops all OK).

Format C: and install Windows 8.1 (had 7) no chance

14. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Final Fantasy XIV crashed for the first time with this driver, while some benchmarks show improved performance on mine even at 60FPS, i noticed there's something weird going on.

At 60FPS it's like it's running at 30-40 but FRAPS shows 60 it's not stutter because i have an SSD and this didn't happen with 314.22.

15. Ledhead900

Ledhead900 New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 670OC 4GB WF3x
    :bang:F*************CK:bang:

These drivers simply do not work for me at all, tried these on Windows 8 non clean install, I recently just clean installed to Windows 8.1 literally only 30min ago.

Yet these drivers fail to properly detect my monitor, when these are installed my monitor detects no signal but if I turn my monitor on and off via the monitors power button it my signal returns but I cannot change the resolution at all. Restarting Windows just boots me back into a blackscreen with no signal detected.

My previous set were working 100% fine. I think I am going to try the 326.41 set and see if I get the same problem with those.

(yes I installed the win 8.1 64bit set & no I don't have one of those 27inch monitors that were known to cause issues in the previous driver this is my actual monitor http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/review/chimei/cmv221d_22-inch_lcd/220188/)

Edit
    :banana: Right so I had to unplug my dvi connection from the back of the computer move it too one of the other dvi connectors on the video card and that seems to have cleared the issue up.:banana:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Tried these and no go, bluescreened after installed and restarted, didnt even get to log in, second restart got me to desktop but still no sli.

Re-installed 314.21 and SLI has returned.

17. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I’ve being using this driver since release without any issues or errors with stability, games, Firefox, etc, single or SLI. Rig is stable as ever running Win7 Pro x64.

Also tested single card OC bench runs to compare with 310.xx (last driver sets I benched with), numbers have improved slightly... right where I’d expect them to be.

Smoothest SLI performance in FC3 than with any set I’ve tested, seriously as smooth as with a single card... just started replaying this one recently, lots of fun.

If I get time, I want to test these out on two other rigs (single GTX 470, 580) to see how they do with my Fermi based systems.

18. sugarKane

sugarKane New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 560M 3gb
    326.80 + Firefox + Flash = BSOD

I don't usually comment here, but I noticed a distinct pattern when using these drivers: 326.80 + Firefox + Flash do not mix. After just a few minutes on a site that has flash, I'll get a BSOD. Disabled my flash plugin and so far so stable.

I haven't had any issues with gaming (Rift, Skyrim, PS2).

19. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Yeah, my 550ti system is still stable after disabling Firefox hardware acceleration. My 680 rig has Firefox acceleration enabled but I get the occasional Firefox crash more than often.

So, while I don't doubt 314.22 might still be better for some people, for me Firefox needs to get their end fixed.

edit

Ha, just got another Firefox crash. As it's been said before, both Firefox and Flash have hardware acceleration. So it could even be the drivers fault still.

I just disabled Firefox acceleration on my 680 rig now, I'll see if I still get crashes.

edit2

Still get crashes. Could be flash then, or Firefox is just ridiculously buggy right now.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  20. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    I had first driver crash and recovery error while playing Metro LL which occurred shortly after I disabled core parking. I reenabled core parking now will keep monitoring.