Nvidia GeForce 326.41 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 30, 2013.

1. f14dude

f14dude Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf 3070OC 8GB
    I upgraded to this driver for over a week now and while I didn't get any crashes in any of the games I played at all, I did witness crashes with while in desktop and with nothing loaded. I just boot up to the desktop a few mins ago and the system was frozen a few minutes after I was afk. No blue screen or anything. Just plain old freezes. I remember seeing this kind of freeze ever since I upgraded to 326.41. Once I was afk after loading up the Neverwinter launcher program and when I came back, system is frozen as well. While I have no crashes with any of the game at all while in games like Neverwinter Online, Borderland 2, Legends of Van Helsing,etc.. the random desktop freeze is definitely an inconvenience. I read that the crashes and freezes occur a lot with the older cards like the 400 or 500 series card. I guess it is Nvidia's way to tell people to upgrade.. :bang:

Anyhow, I remember I was using the 326.01 and didn't get as much desktop freezes as this so probably going back to that or if not then back to 314.22 until I can upgrade to a 660 or the 760 soon. I also have no hardware acceleration on since it will randomly freeze Firefox.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I had that same bull**** behaviour when I had my 460's and now on my 780 I have the 36 hour bug. Lol .. ridiculous!

3. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We have fixed the 36 hour bug. It will be in our next driver.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thank you again :p :O

What about the 460 freezes? I still have my old card.

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We have a couple of fixes targeting this issue in our next driver.

6. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    When the next driver one week ?

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    End of the month .. "when it's done". He said so in the open gl driver thread.

8. f14dude

f14dude Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf 3070OC 8GB
    That's good to know. Hope to see the new driver soon. Even though I am planning to upgrade to a new card soon, I'll probably keep the 460 on another machine so new driver that fixes the random freezes will be great.

Thanks. :)

9. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
  10. BadDriver

BadDriver Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    I really hope that the problems with the fermi cards 400/500 series are solved in the next driver i wrote a lot on it in the nvidia forums its not nice if people buy a product and can't bennefit from new fixes because the driver ctd a lot and have to go back to 314.22 all the time.
    I use now the latest beta just to bennefit from the fixes for Bf3 but i have to deal with the ctd all the time and the whole 320 serie drivers also gave me from time to time BF3 in colors is this problem caused by the ctd problem or a different problem?

some days ago i was playing BF3 with this driver played the map gulf and all the 3 cranes on the map turned purple after i was killed and spawned back they were normal again.

Hope this is getting fixed too.

Maybe Nvidia can give us a Beta that include these fixes so that we dont have to wait 2 weeks?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I would tend to agree with that, especially if NVIDIA know the issue is definitely fixed; this driver was originally intended for an early August release after all. They've done this before so why not now?

12. BadDriver

BadDriver Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Better another issue then the all famous CTD problem that is driving me nuts.

And the roads in BF3 are still yellow/green isnt this going to be fixed by microsoft i know you can remove a update but thats no fix.

where is the fix for that problem????

13. xavier2k5

xavier2k5 Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX 768MB
    ManuelG said:
    Couple of updates. We have fixed the 36 hour TDR issue (35 hours, 47 minutes, 29.01888 seconds). The fix will be in the next WHQL driver release. Also we are adding a couple of fixes for the desktop TDR issue some users are experiencing.

Are you working on any improvements for Metro Last Light?

ManuelG said:
    We will be including a new Physx software with the upcoming driver that should fix the drop in performance with the Physx software in our last couple of drivers.

Is there any chance of a beta driver release with these fixes before then?

ManuelG said:
    Not up to me but I'll ask the driver product manager.

ManuelG updated with:
    We will in fact release a BETA driver a little early and re-release it as WHQL once it completes certification.

14. BadDriver

BadDriver Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    I hope early next week then, would be nice 2 weeks of testing.

And the yellow/green roads will there be forever.

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Thanks xavier2k5. That is good news for those with TDR or Metro: Last Light issues. As I said, certification means very little at the end of the day anyway as Microsoft only test that the drivers work with Windows, they don't (at least this is my understanding) test games.

It's too late this week for NVIDIA to release a beta as they don't generally release them just before a weekend in case there are issues. Hopefully though, we'll get them early next week. Fingers crossed as I want them for the Sniper Elite V2/NZA stability fixes as I intend returning back to those games next week.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    By the way, I've noticed that a number of Techland's older Chrome engine games such as Mad Riders, nail'd and Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood have black & white background videos/cutscenes and loading screen that are not just UPSIDE-DOWN but also FLIPPED!!! This issue only occurs on Windows 8 and isn't present in their newer games such as Dead Island: Riptide or Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.

Is this a Microsoft issue or something than can be fixed in a graphics driver update? If it is a Windows issue then there's zero chance of Microsoft ever fixing it. It doesn't affect the gameplay; it's just more of an annoyance than anything else. It is a truly bizzarre issue that I've only seen so far with Techland's Chrome engine and to date I haven't been able to find any workaround or fix for it (short of reverting back to Windows 7)... :3eyes:

17. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070

I been asking the same thing. there is some weird things happening in windows 8

I starting dualbooting windows 7 to play some games.

18. StealBalls

StealBalls Banned

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Can anybody tell me if the SKYRIM ENB sunglare problem is fixed?

Cheers.

19. °L°

°L° Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hi, i just bought bf3 for the online content. But when i enable 3dvision, i can't even launch the game without a crash!!!

20. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    I suggest you upgrade to windows 7 (from windows 8) :banana: