Nvidia GeForce 326.41 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 30, 2013.

1. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Oh look, change the level to one that actually has a CPU limitation, and the tables flip dramatically. http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/chaostheory/2013/02/crysis3/crysis3_cpu_evil_1024.png

Also, that Tomb Raider result is from the benchmark, which is meaningless. And the Far Cry 3 one shows a GPU bottleneck, as the 2100 (a dual core) is running with a top number with the other Intel chips.

But wow this thread got derailed.

2. kevnb

kevnb Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    lol ya, we could go posting benchmarks all day. Single core performance from intel is better, but AMD has a better version of "hyperthreading". So ya it will never end lol. But... if I had money for a titan... I wouldnt pair it with the same processor I have paired my gtx 460... Lets be honest, I went amd because it was cheaper and let me spend money on other things.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  3. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Personal experience is not a lie. FX CPU's are fine for 1080p if OC'd. I'm not bashing Intel as I have a 3770K, but to say you cant game with an FX CPU is udder BS.

I've used FX rigs with a GTX 550 all the way to a TITAN. All you need to do is OC.

Sure benchmarks will look way better with an Intel CPU, but real world gaming is just fine at 1080p with an FX. If you are already pulling 80-100FPS on an FX/TITAN combo, ask yourself is the extra 100 dollars worth another 10-15 FPS when you can hit those frames already?

If ALL you do is game FX is fine. If you video edit and multi task heavily as I do for example, then of course Intel is the way to go.

I'm really sick of people in these forums spouting FUD that you can't game on an FX when I know for a fact you can, even paired with a high end GPU.

Yes this is true. FX is fine for a gaming rig that does not rely on heavy multi-tasking.

Intel is king in multi-tasking, there is no denying this.

4. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    If you read back to what I originally was referencing, you'd be hard pressed to say that it wasn't a lie. He claims that he never has any bottlenecking in any game or anything less than 99% GPU usage. I've owned an 8350, I know what it's capable of. It's one thing to say that it's bad, and that's not what I've said.

But really, this is egregiously off topic.

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Its a topic related to this thread due to the fact that someone else attacked someone due to their PC specs. I'm backing up the defender with knowledge from personal experience with FX rigs. I never suggested you said the 8350 was bad. I'm saying as a whole FX is put down too hard, and its retarded to see this going on. Yes its bad at multitasking, No it's not bad at gaming with a single GPU.

One powerful Flagship GPU is the best match for the FX chips, and it can save people money by doing this if they are mainly into gaming with no need to multitask while gaming.

So I'll say this again, he's not lying, just too many monkeys jumping off bridges that never used an FX chip OC'd to know. There are many benches around the net that prove the FX can handle gaming @ 1080p with no bottleneck.

As I've said before once you obtain 80-100 FPS, Intel might put you ahead 10-15 more than that. There is little point when the difference is 100+ dollars. The choice is theirs to make depending on what they do with their rig.

You can say what you will about it, but trying to convince me otherwise you can't do, as there is nothing to convince.

I'm also NOT denying the fact that AMD has room for improvement on it's CPUs.

It DOES irk me every time I see people automatically saying "BOTTLENECK!" when an FX is mentioned in a single GPU rig. Just because you wouldn't pair a TITAN with an FX doesn't make it wrong for someone else to when they obtain high FPS from the setup. Switching to Intel may net them 5-10 more FPS tops on average, and it's not worth the extra bucks if they don't multitask.

6. Vxheous

Vxheous Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    I was merely curious, was not meant to be a flame war. I wonder though if running say a 3570K or 4670K @ 4.4Ghz (or 3770K/4700K) + GTX 780 wouldn't give you better performance overall than a FX-6300 + Titan...would cost about the same.

People are also saying AMD if you don't have the money to spend...which is true enough, I'm sure the FX-6300 gives decent performance, but at the same time, the Titan is a $1000 GPU. You own one of those, you probably don't have a problem with having the money to spend (or maybe you do, and just like debt =-P )

7. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    What has anything in the last couple of pages have anything to do with this beta driver? Should have started a new thread and this one cut down to size so those that are interested in this driver can leave feedback and tell others if it's any good.

8. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    This drivers works good with my gtx780 sli.
    Battlefield 3 +1
    Sleeping dogs +1

testing some more games.

9. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx3070 gaming X
    laggy textures in arma2 oa and massive random fps drop(130-50) in f1 2012 without vsync

10. MAIAL

MAIAL Active Member

GPU:
    780GTX SLI @1280/7300MHz
    yes, it is a cpu of **** for the titan and the multi gpu config.

11. fabiovtec

fabiovtec Member

GPU:
    ASUS R9 270X @1270
    This people forget that fx 6300 at 4.6ghz is better in gaming that fx 8350 stock...

12. shaithis

shaithis Guest

Not all the time though. BF3 will soak up just as many cores as you throw at it.

13. kevnb

kevnb Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    anyway, these drivers still cause lock ups with my 460. Stuck on 314.12

14. calderes

calderes Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 2Gb +170/+500
    *ignore post - see follow up post immediately following this one - steam file verification was all that was needed*

civ V g&k crashes on startup dx10/11- gonna re-install the 320.18 drivers to see if it's fixed

EDIT - crashed on 320.18 also (it's been awhile since I played civ V - probably last time was on 314.22 certified) I'll be back with update.

If anyone knows what could be the problem - please let me know - I've been away from these forums for awhile so I haven't been tracking the driver bugs as they have been identified and addressed (so maybe this was something that has been previously discussed).

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  15. calderes

calderes Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 2Gb +170/+500
    so civ v g&k crashed again with 314 certified. Now I'm confused. There have been no major changes since I last played except for nvidia drivers and the persistent w7 updates. any ideas?

*EDIT*!!!

Seems like file corruption may be the culprit. STEAM said 1 file failed to validate and after reacquiring the bad file it loaded up. I will now reinstall 326.41 and check back with you guys

326.41 WORKS FINE - AFTER STEAM FILE VALIDATION ALL IS WELL

sorry for the drama

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013

16. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    good drivers. for me anyway. I havnt had any issues with NVidia drivers. I don't experience what others experience here. maybe there crippling older hardware or something

either that people have unstable systems

17. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7970 Dual-x Boost
    So it's the nvidia drivers better now? i have one HD7970 i want sell for a gtx 680 EVGA classified, it's good or it's better i stay with AMD now? thanks in advance

18. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    You are betting off keeping your HD 7970, or selling and going for a GTX 780.

19. Xphome

Xphome Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 3GB
    I haven't had any problems with my GTX 680.

20. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    I wouldn't change things, a 7970 at 1200 can't really be matched by any 680 model and it has the benefit of more memory as well.

I haven't either, but switching from a 7970 to one would be unwise.