Nvidia GeForce 320.18 WHQL Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, May 23, 2013.

1. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Woa. Perhaps you should start smoking something, because you're at a 10 and you need to bring it down to a 2.

You can act like it's crazy all you want, but it's pretty much unanimously agreed upon that driver stability and performance (and stuttering in particular) varies from one system to another. This driver being a good example, some get BSODs some don't.

You saying that you were a PC master before I was in diapers makes you look desperate. Especially over something so simple, it makes it seem like you are compensating. And even more so when you are under the false impression that a driver's overall performance can't vary from system to system.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  2. snorge

snorge Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 970 SLI
    cool deal for those with major issues.

3. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X GTX 1080
    *delet*

4. Speedpc

Speedpc Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4Gig
    Now this is what i call Customer Support !!! Thx ManuelG nice to see you reading the forums and taking the time to help us out (Much Appreciated), To bad my gtx 580 died 3 days after warranty and no one will even look at it for a fix. no more spending big $$$$$ on a video card that only last me 2 yrs :bang:

5. Dillinger

Dillinger Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Random texture corruption / artifacts appeared in BF3 twice already with this driver.

I've tried 314.22, but the performance was sub-par.

My BF3 settings are 1920x1080 120Hz Ultra, no injectors were used.

VBIOS: 80.10.36.00.80

I'll e-mail that address if it happens again...

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    You know you're special(not you) when NV can't reproduce your issue :p

A word from Nvidia (ManuelG) for not-so-special-people with 320.xxx freezing on Desktop/Metro while browsing would be nice.
    For me, spending some time in Metro Mail is almost sure way to get one of these.

7. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We are getting a couple of loaner boards from users in next couple of days. Our goal is to address this, Assassin's Creed 3 and the Battlefield 3 issue and then release a driver with these fixes. For more advanced users experiencing system crashes after updating to driver R320.18, especially on desktop or while browsing Firefox, it would be helpful if you could provide us with mini-dmp file from your system. Instructions are available from Microsoft below:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb787181(VS.85).aspx

You can email the mini dump files to me at driverfeedback@nvidia.com

Please include in description what apps you were running when this occurred, OS and graphics card used. Thank you all for your patience and your feedback. We hope to have fixes for these very soon.

8. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Lol they only start to rebroduce this now .....
    Using gigabyte oc670 wf3 f5 bios
    Overclock +85gpu +200 memory

9. m2896

m2896 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 GAMING 4G
    Played L4D2 without vsinc - 82 deg and GPU fans become very noisy. Played Metro 2033 - 75 deg. Nice. Is it possible to do that my card won't heat over 75-76 deg in all games?
    pS: GPU works with default clocks(factory overclocked) and F4 bios, F5 bios is very hot.

10. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400

This is what i call customer support!!!
    Good to know you guys are working on the issue.

11. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Well the 20 branch crashed my os and a reinstall was required. You can defend these with technical talk but I have been running and building machines since 80286 and know for a fact that it was these drivers that did it. I also understand that it is not crashing everyone's machine and all are different but that does not change the fact that this branch has some problems.

Regards

12. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    I was getting the crazy bf3 textures for some time but after changing maximum pre rendered frames in nvidia cp to "use app settings" (suggested by -Tj-) from what I'd normally use (1 or 2) I had not had them for a the past few weeks.

(I have it set to 2 in the bf3.cgf file)

Another bug in bf3 though is black lines around objects that have a light background its like the AA is messed up.

13. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    These crashes, freezes issues with games started up in the 320.x beta's, why did your company release them as official knowing damn well they were having problems?

Should've recalled them personally :)

14. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    I have corruptions in crysis 3 but its very very rare and could fix it by just exit and reopen the game...

no other problems for me :)

(no crash, no freeze .. just up your cpu core and vtt voltage also ddr voltage and card voltage or reduce a bit clocks) a bit if you have crashes.. I had crashes months ago and solved them by doing that only)

15. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I've been saying this since 310.90.Not to take credit away from -Tj- (awesome dude!) but just saying.At least the word's getting around now.:)

16. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Are we talking about the same corruption that completely messes up the colors of the screen objects?

17. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Yeah dude, I'm not defending anything, I already said these drivers give me BSOD's. The post you quoted was completely taken out of context, and yet again another aging PC master looks foolish.

18. m2896

m2896 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 GAMING 4G
    ManuelG, will new drivers contain GeForce Experience(and NET Framework 4)? I think its wrong when u can't install video driver without internet connection.

19. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    The next driver won't require internet connection to install.

20. Stev0

Stev0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN Sc SLI
    This might not help everybody but I found that uninstalling all physx drivers cured all my crashes and lockups.