Nvidia GeForce 320.18 WHQL Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, May 23, 2013.

1. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SC2 2038
    install the 320.11 that is compatible with the gtx780.:)

2. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    I installed the 320.18 the moment they were released and its bad. Lockups, freezes, BSOD, CTD's etc...

Now i reinstalled 314.22 and still getting the occasional lockup and CTD. Even after savemode, driver fusion etc (always do that and never had a problem).
    Even thinking of reinstalling everything :S .... Shhees all this because of a driver.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one who was having problems with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier causing a driver crash and restart with my GTX 780 even at stock clocks. Two other people have the same problem. I was wondering whether I had a faulty card but I've played well over 20 games now and that is the only one that does that and in the same place too.

A number of other games do have issues though so I have to say that the 320.18 drivers are the worst ones I've used from NVIDIA in recent memory. It's no surprise that these were certified though by Microsoft as they only test that they work on Windows and don't extensively test games... and I'm not so sure NVIDIA do either... ;)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  4. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X GTX 1080
    I used driver sweeper before installing 320.18 and they seem to work better but still get occasion GPU utilization drop to low 30's in BF3 but not crash or BSOD and still the usual tri-monitor setup issues.

5. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Assassin's Creed II runs poorly with these drivers on my GTX 780. I'm not talking about the glitchy LOD issue I had before; that turned out to be causing by me forcing Ambient Occlusion in the driver and having forgotten I'd done it so it's fine now I've disabled it.

No, I'm talking about generally sluggish and juddery performance during gameplay where the game will regularly dip below 60 fps, to as low as 45 fps, yet at no point does the core ever boost above 862 MHz (like it does with other games) in order to maintain a v-synced 60 fps framerate. Sometimes the clocks will even dip down to 614 MHz for the core and 810 MHz for the VRAM, although the game does hit 60 fps at that point. It's weird really that the game will not boost up at all, only drop down, even if I turn v-sync off (the game appears to be capped at 60 fps however). I've tried forcing Prefer Max. Performance for the game profile but it makes no difference (the core just stays at 862 MHz and the VRAM at 3,250 MHz).

The last time I played the game extensively, which was on a GTX 580 I believe and with my CPU @ 3.2 GHz, it ran far more smoothly than it does now and that was on the same maxed out 1920x1200 settings with 8xMSAA. I can only conclude that this is a driver issue.

6. KingDazza

KingDazza Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Strange - I've had no issues what so ever with these drivers. Games played include:
    Empire Total War,
    Crysis,
    Crysis Warhead
    Crysis 2,
    Crysis 3,
    Metro 2033,
    Metro LL,
    Bioshock Infinite.

Maybe I'm just lucky...

7. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    try tomb rider and assasins creed 3 than report again

8. KingDazza

KingDazza Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Might do when I get a mo. What am I looking for in TR?

9. shaithis

shaithis Member

GPU:
    GTX780Ti SLI
    For 780 owners: 320.11 have work flawlessly for me in BF3.

Might be worth a try for any of the other games with problems in 320.18

10. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X GTX 1080
    Tomb Rider works fine here.

11. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    you have 3 cards you need have one to streess the card like 30 min in tomb rider than in will crash and in ac3 i have that textures green faces

12. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    STRIX 2080 Super
    For me, 320.18 is the only driver that works with Tomb Raider!

13. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    i have one "GPU stopped responding" on this one, ive read some issues and some GPUs gettin damage so i guess ill roll back to 320.00 D:
    So much fo rbeing WHQL'd :wanker:

14. Silva

Silva Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX560 4G
    Came here just to report these drivers are bad. They fail for no reason and freeze my pc. Had to power down the PC several times and reinstalling them didn't help.
    I roll-back to "314.22-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql" and my computer is back to normal.

I hate to see Nvidia just care about new products and screwing existing ones.

15. RSvlado

RSvlado New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX460 1GB
    320.18 The worst drivers ever.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013

16. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    They hired guyz from AMD?What is whit this drivers?BF3 is stuttering like hell!

17. anamericangod

anamericangod Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460 SOC 1GB
    Tomb Raider would lock up and crash to desktop after maybe 5 minutes of play for me. Was really disappointed because the release notes said this version had a bunch of TR optimizations.

18. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    So any news from manualG when new drivers come out?

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I think he said betas are out mid-June, hopefully with a fix for the Advanced Shadows freeze issue in Sniper Elite V2/NZA and Aliens vs. Predator!

20. V1tol

V1tol Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    I own nVidia for 5 months (my first nVidia) and I don't remember such crap on AMD.