Nvidia GeForce 320.18 WHQL Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, May 23, 2013.

1. shmuck2006

shmuck2006 New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA Geforce 660m
    Which driver have you reverted to? I'm having the same problem

2. madx

madx Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 550 Ti SC
    I spoke to soon once again. The 320.18 started to give me problems with frame rate, stuttering, and lag in most of my games, such as, AVP (2010). I'm going back to the 314.22.

3. kindred

kindred Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
    I had the same problem with my GTX560ti after installing the 320.14 drivers. First time I rebooted, the screen was full of green dots and I also thought my GPU had broke, but after I refreshed the desktop they went away and it's never happened since. Probably just some weird glitch.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    aye tell me about it, its even worse at detail - v.high, I used high here..

Cant wait to get my hands on Haswell 4770k :p

5. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I'm glad I checked this thread before installing as I was having lockups and freezes with the 320.XX betas before. This is the first time in a long time that I had to revert to older drivers, 314.22 in this case.

6. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    There are a few reports of hardware failure, as in dead GPUs, after installing 320.18 over at the Nvidia forums.

7. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    alot of people thought there gpu was broke. some people even brought there computer to the store to get a replacement.:bang:... they never thought to go back to older driver.

owner :eek:h the drivers broke my computer,
    store :did u go back to older driver to test it
    owner:....
    owner......
    owner....... what? why would I do that?

im getting some glitches but also have windowblind 8 beta installed. so I dont know who to blame.

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  8. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    where?
    give link

9. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
  10. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    got some sort of graphic corruption in mafia II, the screen flickered and all models went light blue before screen went back to desktop with reduced GPU core and memory speeds

re-installed the ASUS 311.54's and all is well again, sigh, was promising somewhat until this point i guess the increase in GPU voltage wasnt the best idea in the end :(

11. JeffJ

JeffJ Member

GPU:
    ATI HD6470M
    This WHQL is worse then the last beta for me, back to frequent hard locks, just in the web browser and desktop it locks solid. Back to 314.22 again, where i have no issues. :/

12. Sergio

Sergio Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    Thx alot for information Kindred. I paniced at that moment cause my old 8800GT died right after it gave alot of green dots on screen like this before. So i thought same things happening, but i am relaxed now , as you said its a strange glitch bug or whatever its called with new 320.xx drivers , and scary :)

And now i begin to worry again...

13. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    What nvidia doing there drink a beer??? And write wrong code

14. JeffJ

JeffJ Member

GPU:
    ATI HD6470M
    So I went home at lunch, went to my rig which was just sitting there idle, as per usual. however when i entered my office the tv/monitor would not wake up and the fans on both my GTX 460's were going full board you could hear them screaming and pumping out heat. I unplugged the HDMI Cable from the TV and plugged it back in, after that i was greeted with a black screen saying the display driver failed to respond and it restarted the driver. after that the fans began to throttle down and the windows explorer and aero effects came back. I checked Precision and both cards were coming down from being at about 90 degrees Celsius. WTF?!?!

I can see this driver being a card killer when the cards go full board when the driver crashes at idle. I just spent my lunch hour cleaning ever ounce of existence of the 320.18 driver off my rig and going back to 314.22.

I hope I don't see any long term damage from this.

I run a pretty clean system, the only thing that runs in the background is Nod32 AV, Precision, Open Hardware Monitor and Utorrent.

I cant see anything besides the windows aero effects using the GPU and aside from the fact the tv/monitor was asleep so the card should have had the output shut off anyways.

15. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Wow!

Gah ****, now I'm going to have to scrub these 320.18s off 3 systems I installed them on. I was really hoping to hold out until they came out with a fixed version.

WHQL isn't worth the text it's typed with.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well they're ok for me in daily usage (web browsing, flash video player, desktop usage), I never experienced any issues like 460/560 or lower and some 670/680GTX have.

The only minor bugs so far are @ Win8Pro x64
    -BF3 occasional hickups, 314.09Titan driver is still the best so far
    -AVP2010 spider web flicker, missing sun? by Temple map (both MP maps)
    -SniperElite Zombies, fog + red lights (from trip mines and mines) have some weird dots by it, very mild
    -Assassins Creed3 runs a little worse (lower fps) compared to 314.22, also its not so smooth with vsync on.

Other then that its ok in the rest, tested ~ 20 games so far, old and newer.

17. JeffJ

JeffJ Member

GPU:
    ATI HD6470M
    I've got Precision doing a stress test on the card now. So far so good, under max load they are hitting 80 degrees Celsius. So i don't know how the idle-crash got to 90 degrees unless the voltage was jacked up causing more heat and stability issues.

I had issues similar with 320.00 but with out the whole crashing and trying to burn my flat down. So I decided i would give the 320.18 WHQL a go, and put everything back to stock clocks. and my above post was the end result of the 320.18 shyte.

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Both Sniper Elite V2 and Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army freeze and crash to the desktop within a few seconds to a minute of resuming a save game with a driver not responding error when I play this on maxed out 1920x1200 settings with everything turned on and 2.25X SSAA enabled on my new GTX 780. I've tried it at stock clocks too with the same result. Another Guru3D'er, SSJBillClinton, reports the same issue too. The games were working perfectly on my previous GTX 680 SLI setup with the previous 320.14 and earlier drivers.

19. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    Worth noting, it happens even without SSAA enabled.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Have you tested the game on the lowest settings? This issue reminds me of the one I had with Tomb Raider, also a DX11 game, at launch and that turned out to mainly caused by tessellation. I'm going to try the games again and lower all the settings then re-enable each one until I can isolate the cause of the crash. I can't remember whether the game has tessellation or not but, if it does, then I'd put my money on that being the issue.

I've sent an email to nza.support@rebellion.co.uk to inform them of the issue because it may they can fix it quicker than NVIDIA who can take months to address things like this (the Battlefield 3 issue for example).