Nvidia GeForce 320.00 Beta - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 23, 2013.

1. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
  2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I no doubt had the game going without it on a few occasions when i first got the game as i have to start it manually but i was still getting crashes, but no i didn't get round to it, i just searched more online and found the borderless thing.

3. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    EH, sorry, sorry, whats timer resolution?

4. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    Just spotted this post from Andy yesterday at Neogaf (NVIDIA Guy)

So new Drivers hitting today and the scaling looks good on Metro LL

5. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    I cant wait the Both Driver and the game

6. Kalamatee

Kalamatee Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 560 ti
    Most unstable driver I've used in a long time. Windows 8 desktop regularly locks up / black screens until I am forced to reboot (even just using IE). What's going on NVidia??

FWIW .. I've reverted to 314.22 beta and everything is back to running stable.

7. KorbenD

KorbenD Guest

GPU:
    Asus GeForce GTX 980
    Add me to the list of people having problems with this driver. This is the first Nvidia beta driver I've had any serious issues with over the past several years.

Two random BSoDs (first hard crashes in the two years since this PC was built), both while the computer was either at the desktop or idling with the display turned off.

Two random lockups while at a desktop. Mouse would move, ctrl-alt-del would open its screen, but Explorer was unresponsive and Task Manager wouldn't open. Had to hit reset to get it working again.

After that I rolled back to 314.22 and it's completely stable again.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  8. ESC

ESC Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia / GTX660 TF / 2GB
    My gtx460 died after installing this driver...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. zeroberto

zeroberto Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 768MB
    I also have this black screen issue with both 320.00 and 320.14. It happens usually while I browsing in firefox, but never in games.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    A no error crash in Metro LL, so yeah could of been driver or game. But great performance other wise.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I don't know whether this is an issue with this driver or the v1.8 patch that has just been released but Ubisoft's Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier repeatedly crashed with a Fatal Error until I deleted the Default.cfg file in the game's save folder. Even then as soon as I changed the graphics options (1920x1200, maxed out, AA on) it would again crash with a Fatal Error. I isolated this to the Ambient Occlusion setting as I can set everything else on or at max value but as soon as I try to enable that setting the game crashes everytime.

I'd appreciate it if someone else could test this in case it is something specific to my machine. Thanks.

12. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    I had this exact same issue...BSOD 000116

I managed to get it to the point where it would crash to a 116 BSOD every time I fired up OC scanner. So I started uninstalling things... nothing helped, googled on the BSOD error and found that 116 is usually a power related crash. So I pulled my 24 pin power connector at the motherboard and the 2 x 6 pin PCI-e connectors. Sprayed them with some contact cleaner and guess what... its been 2 weeks without a single crash with these drivers.

Just saying it might not just be the drivers. Check / clean fans, clean out power connectors... my 680 is water cooled so it was never a heat issue, but it turned out to be a strange power issue...I've got an 1100 watt PSU thats only a few years old. I'm thinking maybe there was some corrosion on the pins causing a bad connection.

13. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Did you have those artifacts too?

14. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    sometimes when it would bsod. They'd be gone when I rebooted though.

15. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Ah, glad you fixed it, nice job and thanks for the info.