Nvidia GeForce 320.00 Beta - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 23, 2013.

1. madx

madx Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 550 Ti SC
    I reinstall these, because I usually don't have trouble with beta drivers. I guess I did something right the second time around, because the 320 installed without a glitch and are performing well on my system without mouse stutters or Windows 7 freezing. Games are also performing well with these drivers.

Spoke too soon, blue screened uninstalled back to 314.22.

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  2. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Maibe nvidia focusing to windows 8 guys so win 7 guys alot of us have more problems then win 8 guys

3. Zarich

Zarich Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GC 670
    Nope, windows 8 here and went back due to some issues. NO crashing, but other issues. These just need a lot more work. They are beta after all.

4. flexy

flexy Member Guru

GPU:
    Riva 128
    Running a bunch of newer games, Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, also BF3 and all sorts of benchmarks, Heaven etc...no problems whatsoever with those drivers. 660 TI, overclocked.

5. Saiyan

Saiyan Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 Strix
    Same thing here, mouse begins to stutter, then recovers, then stutters again and either reset or BSOD code 126 (unrecoverable hardware failure).

Back to 319.22

6. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
  7. V1tol

V1tol Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    For a week of testing I must say that WoT crashes is fixed now! At least for Windows 7.

8. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    If the Quadro driver is the same version and date then there is probably no difference between the graphics driver itself. Just some changes to the .inf file which doesn't tend to affect gaming.

9. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    These are pretty decent once you are able to install them. Following the normal uninstall/Driversweeper routine I encountered install problems -- installer would stop, black screens forcing reboot to stop installer, etc....

Took about 20 minutes but in the end prevailed and am happy with the result. I had problems with the ENG version, ended up using the INTL version. Getting good results in Skyrim.

Pharma

10. SyntaX

SyntaX Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1080
    found this in quadro nv_dispi.inf

AddReg = nv_pl4c380
    AddReg = nv_3ff3c7
    AddReg = nv_v!c7!m

what does this mean ? :bang:

11. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    The thread removal was an accidental error by one of the mods.

12. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC
  13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    It's getting really old. Is that really an issue for you? Open a ticket.

14. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC
    Sure is an issue and just because nvidia's gone silent on it don't mean they shouldn't need to fix it i refuse to flash my bios to get my card to run how it should out of the box

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Guess you haven't had to buy a lot of things in your life then. Other people flash their

- mainboard bios
    - graphics card bios
    - optical drive firmware
    - mouse firmware
    - SSD firmware

in order to get them working as intended. Apart from the typical PC components there are firmware updates for TVs, AV receivers, Blu Ray players, even cars!

So I guess if you don't want to fix it, fine. But don't cry to have it fixed if there's a solution available already.
    You can either use that or wait for the official fix. It's not like you couldn't use your card at all or anything close to a severe problem.

16. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC

Yes alot of products require firmware updates like you listed how many of them void your warranty ? i've flashed my motherboard bios and ssd no problem because it wasn't going to void my warranty

I will happily flash my bios on my titan if it don't void my warranty or nvidia should release a fix within a decent time frame if single users can edit the bios "To fix it" why can't nvidia fix it ?

17. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    after a reinstall of the drivers. I havent had a stability problems. something went wrong after the first install and driver was causing instant reboot. but after a re clean install its working good.

I have not noticed any slow fps in games.

18. qwato

qwato Member

GPU:
    Sli GTX Titan
    I don't understand why Nvidia added this throttle feature, maybe to go with the time? Or it saves some watts of energy. Either case most of the people do overclocking and wish just to get 100% out of their GPUs. I remember owned an sli gtx 480, they were rock solid and no problem with throttling but with the newer gtx 6xx series and even with titans we have to deal with throttling issues when overclocking. Imo just stop with this throttling feature because it cause more problems than advantages, in other words if it ain't broke don't change it ;)

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    No, most people don't want their electric bill go through the roof, don't want their case to sound like a hovercraft and they don't want to fry their stuff.
    The boost feature works fine and is a great addition, just like Intel's Turbo boost.
    Some people may not care and have their air condition running, others do mind though.

20. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC
    Thus you prove my point again if i want my card to sound like a hovercraft who the F*** are you or nvidia to say otherwise or have any say for that matter i paid for the hardware and i should have the option to do what i want with it

If i wanna use my card and sit in a 14c air con room that's my choice if i wanna pay more expensive electricity bills that's also my choice

Why are they catering for 1 side and not the other ?

solution to problem give us an option to turn off all these stupid power features give us the option to disable gpu boost and give us the option to use 100% fan speed if we want to *WITHOUT VOIDING OUR WARRANTY*