Nvidia GeForce 320.00 Beta - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 23, 2013.

1. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

Shadows still flicker in Serious Sam 3: BFE.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J08MIHhPoNg
    This game has been released in November 2012 and it has not been fixed since then. I'm not quite sure if it's driver issue but it looks like. Game performance settings, patches and drivers version doesn't change anything. I'm using Windows 7 x64 SP1.

Also any performance improvements for multithreaded rendering for this game would be welcome.

2. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    same here blame windows 8?

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I got that too in win8, but only if i manually forced 60.00hz in save.cfg file,..

Try to switch between 1-2 resolutions, apply and then back to your native resolution, apply.

4. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Yes they are different in PrecisionX, but I assumed the Pwr Slider on the Titan cards would've been able to go just as high or higher, really makes me wonder now if it's just a driver update issue which (as you've already mentioned), they have had enough time to correct on such high end products.Yeah, now I'm pissed too_Or it could be PrecisionX! Have you tried Afterburner?

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I tried it on a 650 and I get the same thing in ArmA 3 and the CoP benchmark so it is definitely not the Titans.

In Arma 3 it is specific to FXAA and in the CoP benchmark I am using SMAA.

It is basically just colored rectangles everywhere. At first I thought it was VRAM related but since it is doing the same thing on a completely different box with a different card (and having reverted to 319.92 just to make sure -works fine with that driver), it is definitely something to do with 320.00.

Cheers

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    NP. Thanks for the reply anyways.

7. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Its a resolution or refresh rate bug, just change your res to 720p or something, save it and then change it back to your native res.

It happened to me ages ago but I cant remember if I was using windows 8 at the time.

8. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    4090FE
    Will do thanks.

9. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    I've played GW2 for 500 hours now and it runs great, even with supersampling - unless the CPU limit kicks in. There's nothing Nvidia could do about the fact that the GPU almost idles at 20% load when the CPU can't keep up. The only thing you have to do is set max pre-rendered frames to 1, that resolves the stuttering problem with lower FPS.
    You can even enforce SGSSAA and AO (but that really kills a single GPU). At max settings, including full reflections, ultra shadows and game internal supersampling plus external downsampling (2880x1800) I'm still beyond 50FPS:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  10. swnny

swnny Member

GPU:
    GeForce 9600GT 512MB
    I would love to see some improvements in Guild Wars 2, too.
    Its been 8 months from release, and lots of updates since then, even to the engine itself (culling, stealth, reflections), yet nothing from Nvidia so far...

11. Klapcos

Klapcos Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti @1.5Ghz
    Throttling issue

So I'm done testing and my findings are:
    - left my adjusted bios with old driver: same throttling crap
    - left my adjusted bios with new driver 314.22 & 320: same throttling crap
    - stock bios with old driver 309.xx: good almost no throttling but bad performance in benchmarks and some games.
    - stock bios with 314.22 & 320: good almost perfect, very little throttling in some benchmarks like 3dmark11 and unigine valley, almost none in games.

To sum it up my own stupid fault for trying to get more out of my card by going and adjusting higher values in the bios for voltages and boost clock etc.

12. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    sorry not read through the thread but has anyone noticed the power target drops with these drivers? Also there is a fair bit of stuttering too.

13. Mif

Mif Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 2GB
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check my settings and see if it helps.

You'd think something as repeatable as a massive frame rate drop / freeze when you pan your camera on first login, only on 600 series cards, would be something Nvidia could easily identify and address.

What annoys me most is how little effort Nivida put in.

Yes it is CPU bound (what MMO isn't?), but Nvidia immediately used that as an excuse to put it in the "too hard basket" and didn't bother with it at all.
    Something that you can guarantee wouldn't of happened if it was "Generic first person shooter 4"...

14. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    AMD only addressed a specific problem with GW2 we don't have at all btw.

15. Ecurb

Ecurb Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 290X 4GB @ XFire
    Hi guys,

I have found these drivers to be good so far especially in Crysis 3 gained a bunch more FPS (around 10). BF3 seems good also.

I've never run into the throttling that have seen people speak of since i KGB modded my GPU's a while back.
    I have 2 x Palit 4GB 680s under water (Antec Kuhler 620 mod with Noctua PWM fans) and the 3rd 680 is a Gigabyte 4GB model with its own air cooler still on (bottom card)
    All 3 stay under 65 during long valley runs or vsync off runs in crysis (for heat / stab testing) and stay locked at 1254 core / 3121 mem (from memory) as logged out from MSI Afterburner.
    4 Gig cards dont like to push any more memory speed than that (even with the back mounted mem having heatsinks on it... must be too much for the mem controller)

I'd highly recommend if you have the cooling setup i.e. watercooled or decent air cooling (read good air cooler and loads of fresh cool air space like my bottom card has)
    to look at the KGB bios mod. IF you DONT have the cooling setup, i definitely would NOT recommend doing this as b4 cooling my cards (i.e. stock cooling on the Palits) there is no
    way they would stay cool enough to not throttle et al with the higher voltage and clocks.

Ecurb

16. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Glad to hear you got it sorted out, congrats! :thumbup:

17. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Go return the card and stop crying. There are tens of thousands of bugs with any given GPU driver and there always will be. Manuel is doing a lot of work to get a handle on the top ones affecting the most people. Its not possible to solve every bug unless you're willing to pay quadruple what you do for a GPU. The market economy has validated NVIDIAs current approach because they sell enough GPUs to be profitable... clearly unfixed bugs are not a large detractor from their revenues, so the market as a whole deems that they are doing a good job.

If you want to be constructive, give details and be persistent but courteous. If you're going to be an ass, return the card and move along.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  18. Zarich

Zarich Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GC 670
    Driver completely broke Trine 2 for High and Very High graphics quality settings

[​IMG]

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Works fine on my end.

20. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    Happend to me aswell. (not a game i play much but had to try it after your post and i have the same weird colours).

Atleast the games i play works fine; bf3 ,bop2 ,hawken ,eador motb ,civ5 , fallen enchantress ,crysis3 & c&c generals :)