Nvidia GeForce 320.00 Beta - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Klapcos

Klapcos Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti @1.5Ghz
    Been working on this issue at home for about a week now with no real sucess of getting my card to run various benchmarks and games with full/max performance. Core Mhz, core volt and gpu usage keep going down and up, too many fluctuations and not stable. Forcing always maximum performance would work sometimes and this was with 2 or 3 driver releases ago, now doesn't work. For some reason would still downthrottle the core Mhz, volt and gpu usage.

Tried all kinds of fixes from other forum and experienced memebers and I'm almost giving up. Last thing I will try tonight is re-flash stock firmware on it test with older drivers and see.

2. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Nvidia always fixes their bugs from my exp over the years.It may take a while but they get it done.But Vitale has made a valid point based on his exp. with his card and if he sees it fit to get a refund that's his choice.Can't knock dude out for that and it does feel like "corporate money grabbing" at this point from BOTH Nvidia and Intel, generally speaking.

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Flashing bios doesnt void the warranty, where did you read that piece of fiction

4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Agree, it doesnt void the warranty, unless you forget to reflash it to original bios before sending it to RMA :D.

5. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC

That's where that piece of fiction come from and i don't fancy taking any risk at all on a $1300 card that's already full of problems

All i expect here is for the throttling to be fixed or a solution by nvidia to disable these silly power saving options for people who don't want to use them

I shouldn't have to learn to edit bios or reflash my cards or do registry hacks to get it working to its maximum performance .... and i think over 6 weeks is more than enough time for a company the size of nvidia to fix its products ...

Oh and if you brick the card from 1 of the *insert various bugs/problems here* with the titan then what ?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  6. Radworthy

Radworthy Guest

GPU:
    460gtx msi 1gig 865/1870
    I got this bug 0x124 today when I turned on my comp, before any gpu OC, and got that bsod with only firefox open. Twice....so rolled back to old stable driver and system is good again.

Game performance was great, but it messed with system stability for me. Using 306.97 now.

7. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    But concerning the throttling issues some are experiencing, could it be a conflict with video card drivers & chipset smbus drivers controlling pci-e 3.0? If it's too farfetched or plain ridiculous pls tell me (my mind goes all over the place sometimes when troubleshooting).

8. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{********-****-****-****-************}\0000]
    "PerfLevelSrc"=dword:00003322
    "PowerMizerEnable"=dword:00000000
    "PowermizerLevel"=dword:00000001
    "PowermizerLevelAC"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{********-****-****-****-************}\0001]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{********-****-****-****-************}\0002]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{********-****-****-****-************}\0003]

Apparently this stops stuttering in skyrim and other games by looks of what op said it disables all the power options but because i don't know exactly what they all do or the effects they will have i won't try it im hoping nvidia fix there **** properly

original post here : http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1918979

9. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    I guess they missed the mod the BIOS part. Flashing a BIOS is allowed of course, but only if it's an original manufacturer's BIOS.

/e: uh, missed the new page.

10. Klapcos

Klapcos Active Member

GPU:
    Hi Dragon,

Not on my part (don't have pci-e 3.0) and have been using the same chipset drivers for over a year and never had issues untill the recent 310.xx drivers cropped up giving these throttling issues.

Like I said few post before will put back the stock firmware and go back a few drivers and go test my usual overclocks in evga precision because I really want to find out if the drivers are the cause of it.

I will post back my findings tonight.

11. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    And I'm guessing you've already tried the updated PrecisionX and setting power slider to at least 122%? If so then I'm just as stumped as you are, damn, it's like an itch you can't scratch.:bang:

EDIT: Hello Klapcos - Maybe you can try what I mentioned above with PrecisionX's power slider to see if that helps.Yea I know what you mean about the drivers.Some of the 301 drivers I tried out when I just got my card were actually doing that same thing, jumping up and down, clocks wise, but setting the power slider fixed it for me.Hope it helps.

12. Miguel12345

Miguel12345 Member

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte GTX 970 SLI
    Ok so I did some screenshots, the name tells with which driver version it was (314.22 or 320.00).

I also made a video to show some interior and exterior bugs in movement.

I put my Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini files and my ENB profile (the .rar file, you have to extract it in the game's folder).
    The game is maxed out, but no AA is used, due to some incompatibility with some ENB effects.

All of this is in this SkyDrive folder.

13. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC
    running precision x 4.1.0 and my power slider goes to 106% and temp target slides to 95 but when i click apply goes to 94 where did you get the 122% from ?

14. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I'm using the same one then.Does your Pwr Slider only go up to 106%? Mine goes up to 145% but at 122% (half way, more or less) stops the random up and down movement of the clocks when in 3d mode.Also I've installed OC Scanner, I don't use it but just so that PrecisionX can be "complete" so to speak.

15. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Manuel

Manuel, do you know if there are specific Titandrivers in the works? I don't see much off a change in perf. with the few drivers that came out lately.

Or is the Titan so much alike a GTX 680 tha it won't need seperate treatment?

Regards, and thanks for participating on the forums.

Edward.

16. Klapcos

Klapcos Active Member

GPU:
    Yeah done those as well as high as 150% 1.212V with the adjusted bios I made.
    Tried numerous variations of powerslider % and lowering the V but no change.

First thing I will test is old drivers with the adjusted firmware on my GTX680 and see what results I get. After that flash stock firmware and test old drivers.

17. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Good luck then, be sure to post your findings!:)

18. Mif

Mif Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 2GB
    Yet again nothing for GuildWars 2.

Nvidia uses the excuse that the game is CPU bound so they can't do anything, yet it runs badly (latency) on 600 series compared to 500 series cards, and AMD have made multiple improvements for GW2 (particularly in latency).

So much for Nvidia having better drivers. Unless you play BF3 they don't give a **** about you.

19. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC
    Are you using a titan ? or the 670 in your info ? probably different

20. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    4090FE
    I seem to get with Windows 8 when playing Battlefield 3 a black screen for a split second when I'm dying. It's only happening on Windows 8 x64 and not on Windows 7 x64. Like I say it's only for a split second but it's really annoying. It also does it with the previous WHQL and betas :(