Nvidia GeForce 314.22 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by harkinsteven, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
  2. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    the 306.97 way smother in bf3 not this stuter like 400 ping at 1 fps ahead
    manuel can you check the code in drivers 306.97 vs 314 or 319 family
    i tested: map operation firestorm 64 players ping was 80-90
    and in inspector 1 fps ahead

3. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 AMP
    Red Orchestra 2 hard locks with these drivers, seems to be a problem wit the 6xxx series cards, disable cuda stops the locking but get a lot of stutter everything else runs well with these drivers.

4. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    I have a weird problem in Dirt 3 that I'm having a hard time trying to pin point the exact problem.

For some reason if I have Alt Tab'd back to the desktop and I return to Dirt 3 via Alt Tab or Alt Enter to make it full screen, my system puts the game into 3D mode. The weird thing is I don't have a 3D monitor :-/ I do on the other hand have a 3D TV that is hooked up to my PC and I use AnyDVD/Total Media 6 to watch my 3D films.

The only way I've found to get around this problem so far is to remove the 3D nVidia software which is not ideal as I like to watch 3D films on the TV. Is anyone else having this problem ?

Also with regards to Battlefield 3, I updated again to the latest WHQL's and it's still stuttery at 60+ FPS. Even with V-Sync disabled and I can do well over a 100 FPS it still feels choppy. nVidia could you please look into your driver code to see if something has been broken/changed for BF3. It's my main game but I'm wanting to play other things like Bioshock and with the old .21 drivers it runs like rubbish. BF3 though runs fantastic.

Is there any news on a new beta driver ?

5. Ziggieke

Ziggieke Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 100 ME
  6. CSF90

CSF90 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    ManuelG said this:

That was a couple of days ago. I reckon a week on Monday.

7. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    Well I've tried those other drivers. They seem ok in Bioshock and I've played about 15 minutes in Battlefield. It was still slightly jerky, not 100% smooth but more testing is required before I revert back to the previous betas.

8. Zarich

Zarich Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GC 670
  9. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Ok so they will jump at R319 branch ? Nice, will have new stuff, or worse stuff for games.

10. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Wow. I just rolled back to these drivers to test and they are SO much smoother for BF3.

ManuelG please ask them to run a test on BF3 for the recent driver sets and work out what might have introduced this microstuttering / lack of smoothness.

Btw, thanks for putting up with us lot ;)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013

11. MAIAL

MAIAL Active Member

GPU:
    780GTX SLI @1280/7300MHz
    when they come out the next driver?

12. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    In about a week and a half.

13. MAIAL

MAIAL Active Member

GPU:
    780GTX SLI @1280/7300MHz
    thanks

14. aufkrawall

aufkrawall Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC 2-Way SLI
    If you have stuttering in BF3, try setting prerendered frames to 1 in the driver.

15. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 3G

16. Zarich

Zarich Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GC 670
    Well.. I wish there was a way to tell if my card was bad or if it is a driver issue.

17. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 3G
    I know it is not a solution, but a good test is to underclock the crap out of it and see what happens. If it stops or gets better, your card is crap. I had one of those factory OC cards, BFG 6800 I think it was that did this same thing and underclocking it made it stop. I RMA'ed the card and the next one was all good. When my old Radeon 9800 Pro went bad after 3 months, it did the exact same corruption like that too. RMA (x4 before ATI finally stopped shipping me other peoples broken RMA's and sent me a new one) and that one was all good too.

Every chip is not created equal. Sometimes they can be (factory) OC'ed, and sometimes they can't even handle the stock speeds.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  18. Zarich

Zarich Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GC 670
    I haven't had any issues in other games. Just that one in TR. What is interesting is that you can walk through it. In other words if you walk just a few more steps it stops.

19. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 3G
    Was I in the right spot? Right by that tree that triggers the little cut scene? I am no game designer, but that trigger probably has something to do with it. Effects or something that it turns on, or that is a seam in the game world that triggers upcoming texture loads or something. Whatever it is, I have been unable to cause it on my rig.

20. Zarich

Zarich Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GC 670
    It is an odd trigger, because you have to be at a certain angle running. Maybe Manuel knows about it and can comment.