Nvidia GeForce 314.22 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by harkinsteven, Mar 25, 2013.

1. perkele

perkele Guest

GPU:
    gtx 670 sli
    Yeah scratch my comment, it wasnt the sweetfx removal that got rid of my stutter. I deleted afterburner at the same time and reinstalled drivers. I just made a connection to the sweetfx, but it was afterburner. Thx for the info!

2. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    What's with Nvidia and their latest couple of drivers for Battlefield 3?

Randomly my drivers crash and "recover" (Which is a fail since I still need to re-log or reboot for them to work properly) when trying to launch BF3 Multiplayer, it just happens randomly, and I've seen a few others complaining about this as well.

I can play the game just fine, but sometimes the drivers just crash when launching BF3, do you guys experience this as well?

It's driving me nuts, and I'm seriously considering going for a pair of HD7970's instead, as it seems this issue has been going for a few months now....

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I'm getting nice performance with these, Tomb Raider patch is here that lets us disable motion blur and 'game effects' like blood /water splattering on screen.
    Tomb Raider sure is a gpu hog but that's how we like em'.

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    awesome drivers , very stable for SLI. Keepers for me.

5. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    Thank you for this post man ! This is 100% THE EXACT SAME ISSUE that I have with my 2x680 SLI. If I have to post a message with my current experience with these drivers, it will be exactly the same as your post. Also I get a low GPU usage on both cards after 1.5 hour BF3 gaming with massive stutter and choppiness, the only solution is to ALT-TAb to fix it...

ps: The guy above me is clearly a bencher, not a long session gamer so for him the drivers are fine. Try quitting and starting BF3 4-5 times in a period of 2 hours and look how you get "driver recovered" error even before the game launches.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  6. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

driver crash for me too when i try to launch bf3 multi, and i have low fps in many maps ,with 314.07 bf3 runs great without issue , now i cant use the 314.07 cause i play bioshock infinite and tomb raider and the performance is horrible with this two tittle .... :bang:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013
  7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    If your gpu is overclocked, up your voltage a step or 2 or back your gpu clocks down until you're stable. I was having crashes too with these drivers until I upped my voltage.

8. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Aformative after i had black lines gone at +75 voltage instead +50
    at +95 gpu OC

9. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    I know right, this is really annoying, and what's worse, I didn't see any Nvidia rep mentioning this on the forums... :(

This is the only reason I'm considering selling them and moving to a pair of HD7970.

What if I told you this also happens when cards are at stock? :bang:

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Up the voltage and see if it helps.

11. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    You cannot adjust voltage for GTX 600 series. It is automatic. You can move the voltage slider but that doesn't do anything, the card does it by itself... Google for proof. Or ask Unwinder if you really dont believe me.

12. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    ^This.

Doesn't matter what you do with the Voltage slider, it's all dynamic/automatic and it won't do anything.

13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  15. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    You're completely right, already able to reproduce the same Problem with 2-Way SLI TITAN + EVGA Precision-X 4.0 and Battlefield3 a few Days ago. Clearly noticeable Lag...without Precision-X = buttery Smooth.
    I hope Unwinder&Co can solve this Problem.

16. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
  17. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    Don't worry. My nickname in there is Tarantular... I have "presented" the problems almost in every major thread with links to each problematic thread... :)

ps; There is already ppl "joining" us with the same problems.

PS2; There is another possibility for our problems. I will be exploring the issue when i get back from work, but these driver crashes might be caused by a BITCOIN malware that uses VGA cycles for mining BITCOINs. Due to the stress of the VGA it causes issues such as driver crashes and possibly stuttering. Now, i am using KIS 2013 and im pretty darn sure that this thing catches everything like a tank and i would have noticed anything out of the ordinary but i suggest you try Malwarebytes with the latest definitions and see if it detects anything along these lines. I will do it too when i get back from work... in 5 hours.. :/

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  18. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    u guys talking about crashes and stuttering with the 600 series is exactly why I sold my 680 and got a 7970. As much as they talk about frame latency and all this other bs.. I never noticed any stuttering or lag on this card. It was instantly smoother than the 680. I am no fan boy, just stating 7970 has great drivers an no issues for me.

19. Xipe

Xipe Member

GPU:
    SLI 980GTX
    For crashes, if you use MSI AFTERBURNER, in monitoring program, put Vector 2D. I have Vector 3D and the game crash when i launching.

Sorry for my bad english.

I have SLI 680gtx too

20. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    Sexy Drivers For me