Nvidia GeForce 310.90 Download & Discussion - WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mypc, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    Well I've just done a good few more hours on it. Different servers etc and all if fine with the 310.70's. No stuttering. Sooooo yes, driver issue :/ Wonder if nVidia will look into it ?

2. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    Since installing the 310.90's I've got the stuttering back in far cry 3. Going to revert back to xxx.70 I think.

3. Iruwen

Iruwen Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
  4. m2896

m2896 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 GAMING 4G
    With 310.70 & 310.90 in BF3 my cards fans works more noisy than with 310.64. With 310.64 fun noise is satisfactory, with 2 WHQL not.

5. valentyn0

valentyn0 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti Aorus Ext
    Big problem with this new drivers, after launching into windows (7x64b) and just leaving it there idle for 2-3 minutes my gpu starts into full 3d clocks and gpu util to max, so i go into task manager and find the culprit, explorer.exe goes to 50% cpu util and conhost.exe starts right before explorer.exe goes to 50% cpu util ( if i kill explorer.exe the nvidia driver restarts with the "kernel has stopped etc." and my newly started explorer.exe is down again to normal idle cpu util. Something fishy here, going back to .70's !

LE: now my default .70's (WHQL) are having the same problem like i had on the .90's, now there's a plague !!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  6. Donny_uk

Donny_uk Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 Classi 4095Mb
    My wife was playing minecraft on my rig yesterday and I saw a few black triangular/distortions on screen which never happened on 310.70, only on 310.90.

I looked at GPU usage and it was @ stock settings, iddle clocks and GPU usage. I played Crysis after the driver update and I didn't see artifacts. But minecraft artifacting?

Also unigine 3.0 does experience the same issue when revolving around the dragon and I think the background clouds experience some sort of pop in/artifacting @ stock?!

3D Mark11 has no issues however @ stock or Oc.

7. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    back to 310.70 for me until next driver release. 310.70's are pretty damn solid, didn't give them a chance before. Stuttering in bf3 totally gone even on high ping servers.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    ^
    Weird must be Kepler issue then, i found this release the smoothest (fastest) from all 310 drivers so far, especially in BF3.

This 310.90 is my no 1 driver since 306.97. Finally :)

9. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    Yeah these drivers have issues with 600 series it seemsy weemsy.

10. eefieboy12

eefieboy12 New Member

GPU:
    570 msi twin frozr
    I've just registered to reply on this post.

I dont know if this is the same but I have had this 2 times.

Look into your msconfig if you see a weird startup entry like : win32.exe.

In my situation there was a virus/script hidden in: C:\Kernels\Drivers.vbs which caused the full gpu load 99%. (note: folder is not visible but accesible)

In my situation the solution just was to remove the msconfig entry and then dos: rmdir /s /q c:\kernels

And everything is fine again. Hope this is a bit helpfull.

11. valentyn0

valentyn0 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti Aorus Ext
    Thx a lot m8! I actually (a bit lazy perhaps) did search for the explorer.exe file location from within task manager to see if it origininates from the windows folder and it didnt, it showed me the exact adress, C:\Kernels\ , u mentioned, but i didnt find the explorer.exe (ofc it was hidden) so i i just left the folder there and didnt even consider it might be the script u mentioned; I cleaned up the file in msconfig and cmd dos command! I've never had malicious scripts hanging around my pc since i had MSE installed everytime i had w7 installed (last time i installed win7 was last month and before that i didnt have to install a new or same OS for 3 years (right before vista) and even last month i did it just to see the feeling of win8, OH WELL im' glad this sorted out just fine, now im getting back the .90's hence the problem wasnt there :) THX AGAIN :)

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    No issues here

13. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    yea smooth than ever idk how they have problems

14. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 2070
    No issues here on my 680. Black Ops 2 is even smoother when applying 4x SGSSAA capped at 120fps with a few dips down around 90. I don't tend to ever have driver issues; I don't understand why so many do. Not saying the issues aren't real, just they don't affect my configuration.

15. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx2080 superXS
    i had same issue with driver sweeper not cleaning reg entries but simple thing to do is run a reg cleaner in safemode before installing new drivers

16. Sabbath

Sabbath Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Well for me 310.90 WHQL Quadro = irq 0, 310.90 WHQL Geforce = irq 0
    310.70 WHQL Geforce = irq 16 & 306.97 WHQL Geforce = irq 16

What the hell nvidia. And i thought you people new what you were doing

17. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1070FTW 8GB
    Try installing AMD/ATI hardware... LMAO :puke2:

18. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    Well I was playing BF3 again with the 310.70's today and I was experiencing the stuttering like effect. Granted I'd nto really been doing much BF3 when those drivers were originally installed on my system as I was in Farcry 3. Anyway I've gone back to the 306.97 and all seems well again in BF3. Not tried FC3 yet but I'll have a blast later on tonight I think :)

Any chance we could get someone from nVidia to have a look at the stuttering in the 310 sets ? Would be nice to know it's at least being looked at. I just hope I'm not back to the crashing again as with the 310's I've not had one crash yet...

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    This is what i mean by 59.94HZ bug in Windows 8, in Windows7 it displays proper 60.00HZ and another at 59.94HZ.

[​IMG]

So far only Frotsbyte2 engine (BF3, MOH Warfighter).

I still dont know if its my Display INF EDID fault or not (Eizo Foris FS2333), Im using windows 7 INF EDID in windows8..

Edit: HDMI 1.4a or DVI happens by both, im at HDMI atm.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  20. HolyLiaison

HolyLiaison Active Member

GPU:
    MSi 570 GTX SLI
    Yeah this is the first time in a very long time I've had problems with a driver release from Nvidia. These 310.90 drivers have been horrible with my SLI'd 570 GTX's on Windows 8.

Since updating I've had random crashing in many of my games, it seems fairly random. Hitman: Absolution, Battlefield 3, SHIFT 2: Unleashed, Crysis 2, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, RAGE all have crashed at least once since this update.

Pretty frustrating. But I figured there would be some driver issues with Windows 8 so I can deal with it for now. Hopefully they get their act together soon!

I've gone back to 310.70 and I haven't had problems since.